Revising CMD

Erik Tiber

Apollo used bay's things. CMD included, we split from Apollo and as we were Apollo players we used the things we were used to. It's a remnant I agree, but it wasn't us compromising for people. We just left it in because it worked at the time

Oh, well if it's from Baystation then that explains everything.

If you can figure out a sensible, risk minimized method in which you break it to someone slowly about them being cloned, then I'd be fine with amending CMD protocol as it stands for now.

I'd highly recommend you read some of the Republic Commando novels if you can to get an idea on what goes on inside the mind of a clone. And not just "Oh, I'm a super leet commando", but more along the lines of, "I was either reborn or born from scratch in a cloning vat, with memories from my previous life or not. However, I do know that I am not the person that preceded me."

Just a touch on that, as well. The clone troopers found it very hard to fill the infamy surrounding the legend of the great Jango Fett, and that they were mere shadows of Fett's own glory. Compare this to a clone of a person that recently died of an accident. You break the news to them, and they find themselves questioning whether they are the real deal, or just a broken, incomplete shadow with nothing but memories going for them.

CMD is a very interesting psychological phenomenon to think about, given there are many possibilities and intricacies surrounding it. In terms of a roleplay perspective, it can either make or break the round.

So, honestly. If we revised this, I believe MDs would most definitely have to tread more carefully into the foreign, unpredictable territory of the psychology of a clone.

I'm not sure the situation is all that comparable. Jango Fett was a famous bounty hunter with a huge reputation as a badass. This does not apply to every other clone. Regardless, being a clone means that the person will have to face identity issues. They won't just flat out break down permanently, since that isn't really how psychology works.

That's not exactly what he was getting at, Erik. The point I believe he was trying to make was "Compare this to a clone of a person that recently died of an accident. You break the news to them, and they find themselves questioning whether they are the real deal, or just a broken, incomplete shadow with nothing but memories going for them."

Are you still the same engineer your friends knew? Are you really still that person, or are you some false copy put in their place, sharing their memory? Was this even how the 'real' me thought?

It opens up a lot of possibility.