Port : Colorful chemistry!

Jamini

So! For a few months now baystation has had a few chemistry QoL tweaks that I would like to port for us.

Namely

1. All chemicals have a hexadecimal color

2. Most reagent containers (bottles, beakers, syringes) show the color of the chemicals contained within.

3. Mild buff to beakers and bottles. Beakers/Bottles hold 60u, large beakers hold 120u.

I'd like to know how all of you feel about this, and what parts of this port we do and don't want, if any. As with all of my suggestions, I'll happily code/port it myself if it has enough support.

Thanks!

I'm slightly on the fence about the colors. What about antag chemists that make one chemical, and label it as another? I.e., putting sleep toxin instead of painkillers in a bottle?

They could always make it into whatever pills they want.

I have been thinking of submitting this idea for an age. And not because Bay did it.

Currently Paracetamol and Oxycodone are bright pink, the other other coloured liquids in chemistry are toxins, but the medications however are all white with a hint of pink.

colourless odourless toxins are a thing and SK it would just mean a traitor would have to be smarter and make it a 1-1 mix or use something closely coloured if it had colour.

The bottle work is probably a lot of code, whereas the colour of a liquid is set in the code and dropping the correct hex would do the trick.

So in the though of making it easier down the line if this gets picked up, lets be real, they don't all need to be unique colours and these 9 I pulled the hex from the bottle sprites themselves with the medicines in groups of 2 or 3:

#63d83c - Inaprovaline, Cryoxadone, & Clonexadone

#d83c3c - Bicaridine, Peridaxon, Rezadone

#d0d03c - Kelotane, Dermaline, Imidazoline

#3cb1ff - Dylovene, Hyronalin, & Arithrazine

#bb8bc0 - Dexalin, & Dexalin Plus

#ed6e3c - Spaceacillin, Citalopram, & Paroxetine

#ff8ab1 - Paracetamol, Tramadol, & Oxycodone

#7fcca3 - Ethylredoxrazine, & Methylphenidate

#cee6e6 - Alkysine, Ryetalyn, & Tricordrazine

So Colours hell yes as it is a good idea, clear bottles, not so much we already have beakers and vials for that. And we should support it because it is a good idea and not because Bay did it.

I'm slightly on the fence about the colors. What about antag chemists that make one chemical, and label it as another? I.e., putting sleep toxin instead of painkillers in a bottle?

Maybe adding some way to dye the colour's of the chemical? Thats not to far fetched.

Oh! You could make the majority of it painkillers, and then put a little bit of sleep toxin in there. That would work!