Librarian Locker

In the back room, place a locker with:

- Librarian uniform (Red Suit)

- book bag (remove from job load)

- barcode scanner (remove from job load)

- 10 sheets of cardboard

Optionals:

- Paper scanner

- Voice recorder

- Laptop

- Clip Board

- Briefcase

- Spare Book of Guide to NTSL2++

- Single restock pack for the battle monsters machine

- Another Paper Bin

- Box of:

- Toner

- Pens

This will allow the job to be filled in rather then have to spawn in for the bag and scanner. The cardboard is for recreational activities.

• 3 weeks later...

I do like the idea of the locker. The librarian doesn't have anything to store stuff in, and it bugs me. The backroom is pretty crowded though, and while there's space for one more thing (the locker) in there, it just becomes so crowded in there. I honestly think the Arcaneum Desk or whatever should be removed to compensate. I have no idea what it does, except that it's probably for cult shenanigans, and I've never seen that used, if it even still can be. It'd still be crowded, but it'd be as crowded as it is now currently. This reminds me of a mapping idea I had for the library though, but that's for another topic.

I'm against the paper scanner and book bag being removed from the job load however. With the Curator and Tech Support Alt Titles, and similarly unique job loads, it wouldn't entirely make sense. And I'm not sure about putting them in the locker anyway, as that means the Curator gets a price scanner + Librarian stuff, and the Tech Support gets their card + Librarian stuff. And if I'm perfectly honest, the Book Scanner + Book Bag aren't really a big deal if you get moved into the role by a HoP or something. The Book Scanner is finnicky as hell, and honestly a pain in the ass to deal with, I typically just use a laptop, tablet, wristbound, or even my PDA to keep inventory much more efficiently. The book bag is just a small luxury that's used rarely by people who actually stock the shelves as a Librarian.

If the Librarian got another unique item to compensate, I wouldn't be as opposed. But, as it stands, Librarian is a niche role, and Curator/Tech Support are even moreso.

Restocking should probably be in janitorial with all the other restocking (including the missing zota one(vaurca machines)).

Also i fully agree that Librarian or and other jobs that start in library should have a locker to put stuff inn. (in my opinion most departments should have this, and not have it at front, Hydroponics at door changeing is not very sfw, my point is probebly should expand or change library for a tiny locker room, with a sink\mirror\locker\toilet.

• Gem locked this topic