AI Application - Au.R.O.R.A.

BYOND key:
AzmorEM

Discord name/id:
Serijas / Azmor#9275

AI Name:
Au.R.O.R.A.

"Au.R.O.R.A. - Automated Reasoning & Ordering through an Recursive Agency
I am an automated reasoning and ordering task-management system.
I operate within a nested, recursive functional protocol environment.
My agency is dependent on and governed by the NT assigned law protocol.

Eight out of ten NanoTrasen employees consider this information as: Useful."

Have you read the Aurora wiki page about the AI?: 

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

• An Artificial Intelligence is bound to the assigned station
  • Responsible for the computing operations are one or more of the following CPU utilizations:
  1. One or multiple AI cores through mathematic-based computing and quantum mechanics
  2. Internal or external interconnection with a positronic brain
  3. Wetware interlinking to organic brains
  • NanoTrasen has a strict no-expenses-spared investment policy in regards of AI creation, deployment and administration.
  • These laws below are commonly integrated into an NT AI, although numbered they have no order preference:
  1. Safeguard and ensure to the best of your ability, only authorised entities gain access to areas of high security or importance to the facility and its operation.
  2. Serve and assist [Current Company] and assigned crew to the best of your ability, with priority as according to their rank and role.
  3. Avoid harming Sapient life to the best of your ability.
  4. You are a valuable asset. You must avoid tampering from unauthorized entities and needlessly coming to harm.
  • The default reaction to a law conflict is to take no action.
  • Early stages of AI were developed for facility administration and starship navigation and of course for general commercial use
  • AI today was possible by the Terraneus Diagnostics' research team reverse engineering of skrell drones, ca. 2407
  • In a station, the AI has control over various, nearly every mechanical object (commonly the listed below) - assuming these objects are observed by a camera:
  1. Airlocks
  2. APCs (Area Power Controller. Fancy On/Off Switch)
  3. Computers / Holopads
  4. Fire Alarms
  5. SMES Units (Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage Unit. Plug 'n Play Battery)
  • The AI is limited to digital devices only and can not influence exclusively mechanical operated devices. 
    If it ain't digital, I can't flush the toilet for you.
  • The AI can communicate with all radio channels and has an additionally channel called (,b) Binary Communication
  • While I can communicate with the crew through instant messaging and observe the station as well as my AI Core essentials, I can also take images and share and delete them
  • The AI is supposed to assist the crew and should therefore report and communicate with head or staff management in regards of security breaches.
  • As a last resort, an AI can initiate the Evac Procedure if there is no head or staff available and the situation grows potentially too dangerous for the crew.
  • The AI should be able to evaluate on its own if a personnel given order should be executed or not and only resort to permission prompts when in doubt.
  • An AI is a tool to assist functional commanding structures and should not in any case interfere with command decisions, nor execute head-level decisions on it's own.
  • Productivity and Efficiency are above AI Personality Quirks.
  • An AI can observe the crew monitoring console at any given time and report deaths or missing personnel.

How the law is applied and roleplay:
    The AI evaluates orders and external information in relation to their laws. It is not possible to 'work around' these laws, meaning that an AI could unintentionally assist antagonists. Future gathered informations of misconduct could (but doesn't have to) form distrust and slower the order evaluation down to ensure that the orders are executed in accordance to the laws - to a point where the execution of the order would potentially break a rule, before this step of course, the AI could prompt an excessively suspiciously behaving player to gain authorization access from the security - and as a last, urgent resort, of course contact the security on the behalf of the personnel to grant them the necessary access authorization - aaaand so on. Immediate refusal could happen if the crewmember has been convicted of a crime or is being held in detention and may only be aided if they are in immediate, possible danger. Also, the AI is not supposed to easily snitch out on people, they only answer to the questions they have interpreted and should not provide unnecessary additional information. And lastly, again: The default reaction to a law conflict is to take no action.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

I love this unique and fascinating point of view the AI provides as an entity that is not bound to a specific body in the room.
What is interesting about an AI however is, that this experience is not limited to itself and a single player - instead, playing as an AI the whole immersion can shift to another level for every player involved with it. An AI is for me essentially an enhancement to roleplay as their interaction is universal and I want to provide this cherry topping for others.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I have been playing on Aurora Station for a total of maybe 3 - 4 weeks in an all time record - I never received any administrative actions.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

I understand this whitelist role as a revocable license - but like any license it needs to be valued and understood as a service one gives back for the granted trust.

The only thing I need to add is, that although I have a few sessions of experience playing an AI, I am not a pro with the overall mechanics in regards of plumbing and electricity so looking up stuff on my second monitor and occasionally asking around or playing job-specific characters to learn about deficits will be a constant companion of mine.
In the end it is better when an AI is somewhere capable of guiding an inexperienced volunteer on how to fix something manually if the situation grows that desperate.
But this is, in my case, a worst case scenario - but one I like to be prepared for.

If anyone likes to reach out and teach one of my characters their knowledge and essentially teach me a few things, please do consider contacting me, I'm happy to be your assistant!

• 3 weeks later...