Some chemistry ideas.

George VI

As every chemist knows, dylovene and inaprovaline are two very basic chemicals that form the basis of many medications on SS13. However, if one wants to save time making medications with these bases, one would often make the chemical dylovene or inaprovaline in the chem dispenser. However, if you do this, you may only make it in sections of 15, 30, 60, 90 or 150. Ten is the number that would be most useful, but it's not that simple.

Here's my suggestion. Put two more little buttons on the machine that spit out dylovene and inaprovaline. Sulfuric acid has a button and it's made up of oxygen, hydrogen and sulfur. Why not have a simpler option for dylovene and inaprovaline like how sulfuric acid has?

Another idea is that, the chem master seems to magically conjure medicine bottles when it requires them without the use of any resources. This is amazing and all, but for medications that are more useful in pill form, ( ex. ryetalyn and dexalin+ ) it becomes annoying when it can not conjure pill bottles like it can liquid bottles. Instead, you have a collection of 14 pill bottles in a locked cabinet in the corner of the room and you have to leave the pill bottle boxes on the floor and make a big mess. Let's make chemistry less of a tripping hazard and code in a pill bottle option as well.

The grenade equipment has no real function in the chemistry lab other than to take up space. Most chemists wont ever touch the grenade casings and when they do, they fail horribly. There are only the select few who know how to make efficient grenades and they get arrested. Let's have the grenade equipment be ordered from cargo, so that they can not even attempt to make grenades without the HoS or CMO's explicit instruction.

But, yeah. That's all I got. Opinions requested~

I'm against the first point because it's simple to just dispose of surplus meds in the chemmaster, I'm on the fence with the second one because while it makes chemistry very convenient, it removes cross departmentalism of going to cargo and saying "Hey can you make me 10 pill bottles and never speak to me aga- You know what, let's have that. The third option I like because it will definitely cut down on irresponsible chemists while competent chemists will just need a permission slip and they can still get what they want.

Chemists shouldn't currently be refused grenade equipment, because they already have some to begin with. If that starting equipment is removed, it's very unlikely any chemists would be able to make grenades.

Grenades are an essential part of chemistry traitoring. I don't really care what the IC reason for them could be (cleaner or healing grenades, I guess?), removing them takes away a lot of power from chemists and the chemistry lab, and locks grenades to be a science-only thing. Which is bad.

Chemists shouldn't currently be refused grenade equipment, because they already have some to begin with. If that starting equipment is removed, it's very unlikely any chemists would be able to make grenades.

Grenades are an essential part of chemistry traitoring. I don't really care what the IC reason for them could be (cleaner or healing grenades, I guess?), removing them takes away a lot of power from chemists and the chemistry lab, and locks grenades to be a science-only thing. Which is bad.

Maybe stick the grenade parts into a box in the pill cabinet? To clear the space Napoleon is concerned about.

We could just pretend they're large, metal pill bottles with a handle for extra grip. :P