[DENIED] Assunzione economics addition and new Lucism sect

Short description: Its been awhile since anyone's done too much lore for the CoC, so I decided to explore it by drawing two inspirations. For the economics, i drew inspiration from the hydroponic farms popping up in warehouses for growing fresh produce in cities. I learned about them some like, 6 years ago and I've always wanted to do something with that, but More. Absolutely massive complexes moving tons of food every 2-3 day per set of racks, with dozens of racks. And of course, tons of light, because what kinda Assunzione building would it be if it wasnt The Sun 2 in there?

And the new Lucism sect was mostly me trying to breathe some life into things! I feel like a lot of our lore is very.... needing of something a bit out there. Not terribly out there, but I feel like we're getting too bogged down in the corporate stuff happening in Biesel. Wheres the fun! and specifically, why does venus seem to have all of it? Well, not any longer! with this new sect of Lucism, we get an exciting new take. Basically, we're doing raves. I love the idea of mixing the rave culture of the 90's and early 2000's with Lucian love of light and their light/dark dichotomy.

How will this be reflected on-station?: Mainly to do with the Lucian sect, in character behavior will be the main part. Any department can see characters apart of this sect because of its work hard/play hard deals, but I'd expect to see bartenders, chaplains, and engineers/science (for lights/circuitry). the former addition could see more Assunzione gardeners, particularly with prosthetics. The more characters with prosthetics, the more people are gonna want to play roboticist due to interactions.

Does this addition do anything not achieved by what already exists?: I feel like it breathes a little more life into Assunzione that its just missing at the moment.

Do you understand that the project may change over time in ways that you may not foresee once it is handed over to the Lore Team? absolutely, and I encourage it. My ideas for the Lucian sect are fun but that doesnt mean it'll fully fit.

Long Description:

Change to economy/expension for Dalyan and Said

Assozione also has a large agricultural production, heavily utilizing genetically modified crops grown in massive, multi story hydroponic warehouses. They’re mainly located below or throughout Dalyan, but Said also sees these facilities pop up in unused spaces. These massive racks are rows upon rows of plants grown in trays, with upwards of 50-60 rows stacked on top of each other, with only just enough room between for them crops to grow and to fit the light arrays that allow them to grow 24/7.

The environment inside the warehouses is usually hazardous, as large amounts of carbon dioxide is pumped in to feed the astronomical amounts of plants. The harvesting/replanting process is also somewhat dangerous, requiring crews to be on oxygen supply, and suspended in the air either on cherry pickers or repurposed suspended platforms, the kinds seen used by window cleaners on skyscrapers.

While these facilities are typically run by government held enterprises, attempts are made every couple years at privatization in an attempt to stimulate the economy. These usually end up failing and being repossessed within a few years after outrage from degraded safety. Typically, to save costs and maximize revenue in a fiscal year, safety equipment in new facilities is bought on the cheap. This results in incidents of workers injured or dying after Safety lines snapping, harnesses snapping, asphyxiating due to faulty oxygen supply systems, or a combination of those.

Addition to culture/religion for Lucism

Religious divergence

Over the past decade, a new doctrine of Lucism has sprung up, an offshoot of Astructuralism. Gaining popularity among adults in their late teens to late 20’s mainly. Centering around a work hard play hard lifestyle, so called “Spiritual Raves” have taken root. Being heavily controversial due to the complete change in interpretation of the religion and the low light nature of these parties and venues. And further compounded by the prevalence of drugs.

The general idea of the moment moves away from the idea of worship of Ennoia through the pillars, and instead promotes the idea of closeness to Ennoia through a direct balance of light and dark. The most common way this is enacted by followers is by the aforementioned work hard play hard lifestyles. Working long hours and staying late, doing charity and volunteer work, and other “good deeds” make up the Light. The Dark being indulgence; drinking and doing drugs, making impulsive choices, enjoying expensive/luxury consumer goods, free love, and similar things.

The venues themselves are mainly lit with borderline excessive amounts of black lights from every angle possible. This creates a simultaneously well lit and dim room. Lasers, flashing lights, and fog machines add to the effect. 

The music incorporates heavy themes of Astructuralist hymns, highs and lows common in EDM, and even a major resurgence of the Amen Break in songs that use actual lyrics rather than samples of hymns.

Costume for these dance parties can be quite different between groups, but the general themes are reflective clothing, body paint, and glow sticks. A casual party goer might have a reflective shirt, vest, or other article of clothing and some glow sticks. Where someone dedicated to the rave entirely might make elaborate outfits full of reflective ribbons, baggy pants or flowing skirts, and kinds of tops that expose as much skin as reasonably possible to allow intricate glow in the dark paintings on their bodies to show. It’s not uncommon for UV reflective tattoos to be present as well.

Nightlife especially has found its home in the scene, enhancing the euphoria of indulgence further.

Edited by Bejewledpot
completely missed the formatting requirements like a dummy.

Hello, thank you for your submission.

We are rejecting this as we do not really see this as consistent with the direction and vision intended for Assunzione at this time as we believe the submission conflicts with the intended niche role of the planet. I do believe that the nightlife idea has some potential and would like to apply it elsewhere, but not on Assunzione. I will be reaching out to you with details for this proposal soon.

• Caelphon changed the title to [DENIED] Assunzione economics addition and new Lucism sect
  • Caelphon locked this topic