Pal's Custom Cyborg Icons Application

BYOND Key: Bobthepigslayer

Discord Username: hYPERION

Character Name: Pal 5000

Item Function(s): Looks really cool.

Item Description: A set of customized stationbound frame modifications composed of parts carefully picked and combined together from a assortment of different station bound models to create (at least what Pal thinks is)  one the most optimal stationbound labor frame's. The frames are primarily based off "landmate" models due to their quick access toolset and overall multipurpose  functionality, the legs of the unit are based off arachnotronic units for their stable foundation and quick locomotion, and the last major notable component is the addition of heavy duty Hephaestus Industries tools to the side of the frame for optimal and reliable performance.

Why is your character bringing this item to work?: Given that Pal is effectively the item itself its best not to leave it at home.

How did your character obtain this item?: Pal is already knowledgeable in robotic systems, station bounds specifically and likely worked with a roboticist while also utilizing the research module's robotics abilities to help formulate and compose the design. (depending on how soon this gets accepted if at all, This could actually be RP'd in game with access to the icon, which would be cool.)

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: For Pal it denotes a new period of ability and opportunity provided by being owned by Nanotrasen, before under his previous owner, Pal would never get access to such equipment due to costs alone, and without the help of a qualified roboticist the modifications would never have been achievable, let alone a optimal improvement. With these modifications Pal's working ability is vastly improved, and he becomes far more capable of serving the corporations allocated tasks, how this will play out in the long run, only time can tell.

Sprites: Pal_modules_close.png.7d71ae1766808082c00334a0421d6847.png

The modules are (listed from top left to bottom right):

Engineering, Research, Service, Miner, Medical, and Custodial.

There is also a combat one just in-case its needed.

The eyes on the robot also have a slight animation:Eyes.gif.a43dc3e89dee2c5a2ef68c0a1b9b84c9.gif

The side walking animation took ages, this gif here of the miner walking dose not have the eye animations playing:Walk.gif.902edfafb1f4c4211355cd4a5c45c7fe.gif

Additional Comments: Firstly I obviously used pieces of other borg icons from within the codebase to do my best to keep it all looking like modifications and not a whole new bot. There are both distinct harm and help versions of the eyes for all of the modules (except the combat one those are always red). I really hope this gets accepted as Ive been playing on the server quite abit and its been an absolute blast, I've never seen a codebase that has so much detail and allows so much player creativity, I've really wanted to give Pal a more industrial feeling and none of the current sprites really captured it fully, even the stock landmate, I did my best to make these sprites fit in without looking out of place and hope they are acceptable!

Assets are in: Enhanced_Landmate.dmi

Worst case scenario atleast I got some spriting exercise

Pal_modules.png

Pal_modules_dark.png

Enhanced_Landmate.dmi