Sh4rd's Command Application

BYOND key: sh4rd

Character names:
Cody Nerva

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: On and off for over four years now. In total I have played at least one hundred rounds of Aurora, especially since it is the main SS13 server I play. 
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I have received a few warnings from back when I was new to the game and I made some stupid mistakes, but I have done a good job of abiding by the rules, and I finally feel after a recent three day ban from a month or so ago as an antag, while trying to sow discontent amongst the crew, I made a stupid and subtle Among Us reference which I took too far and I accept full responsibility for. 

I have spent a lot of time since reading and rereading Aurora lore to ensure that I can create interesting and fun events for crew as an antag instead of resorting to such stupid means. 

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
The OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is to ensure that players have someone important who they know can be trusted both to teach them and to aid them when they need it, either IC or OOC. Heads of Staff are therefore the most crucial roles in my opinion as they are the go-to players for just about anything thanks to their high rank and clear dedication to the game. Without players applying to become a Head of Staff, and consistently playing a Head of Staff, the server would likely fall into chaos as the server stays a big mess of differently skilled players all wanting to do things that they can't do either due to a lack of permissions, not knowing whether it's a good idea, or just general motivation. It's for this reason that I also want to finally play a Head of Staff, because I want to try and aid those who are in a similar position that I have been stuck in for nearly four years now. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
To me, the head of staff fulfils an important role on the station. One of management, integrity, and as a role model. The heads of staff are players that have played Aurora extensively, learnt the systems and how to manage a crew, and dedicated a good portion of their time to getting a whitelist for a role they might not even enjoy. The heads of staff represent the best of the best for the server, and I am hoping to provide a great role model for players as I play Head of Personnel by ensuring the round is fun, there are always things to do, people's concerns are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and people playing slower roles, like librarian or visitor, with no idea of what to do, can come to me and get some help trying to make the game fun again, even if just for a round, without having to break any rules or even break character. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Of course there's the big phoron shortage which has been going on for a while now. That has caused him a few headaches as a quartermaster as he has had to basically scramble to gather enough phoron at times for the rest of the station, causing minor turmoil in his career, but every time he has managed to figure something out. There is also the big issues Admiral Frost is causing through his pirate acts like rounding up synthetics. This has helped push forward Cody's promotion as Nanotrasen essentially scramble for capable staff in charge, especially with the seeming lack of Head of Personnel staff (at least that I've seen.) 

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
For now, I plan on playing Head of Personnel as I feel like I won't enjoy Head of Security and I don't feel ready nor experienced enough to play any other role, although I have a lot of experience working in the service industry on Aurora and dealing with people. And since some of my favourite moments on Aurora have come from paperwork and strict rules, I feel like Head of Personnel will be a fun and engaging role for many rounds to come. 

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
I have. 

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
Cody Nerva - Head of Personnel
More Will Come Later

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
I do, and I will take extra caution to ensure I don't do anything that could get me stripped of this role. 

Extra notes:
I feel I have evolved a lot since my ban, especially ICly, and I feel more confident than ever that I can provide a fun and interesting RP experience for the crew, incorporating features and bureaucracy that I feel has been lacking so far on the station in any meaningful way. I'm hoping that my approach to head of personnel will help elevate the stories and experiences of everyone playing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...