Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Bartender

Game ID: chu-aYKF

Personnel Involved:
- D'jar Sa'Kuate, Security Officer, Offender
- Pooexis Ican'joq, Operations Technician, Victim
- Michael Keyes, Operations Technician, Victim
- Phylactery, Investigator, Witness

Secondary Witnesses:
- Margarita Olyerros, Machinist, Witness, Left before incident escalated further
- Zarina Shotaeva, Security Officer, Witness, De-escalated Offender

Time of Incident: Approximately 9:00 AM - 9:20 AM Station Time
Real Time: Approximately 3:00 - 3:20 AM CST / 8:00 - 8:20 AM UTC
Location of Incident: Port Side Bar, Bar Backroom

Nature of Incident:
[ ] - Workplace Hazard
[ ] - Accident/Injury
[ ] - Destruction of Property
[ ] - Neglect of Duty
[X] - Harassment
[ ] - Assault
[ ] - Misconduct
[X] - Other: Grossly Exceeding Power, Brandishing

Overview of the Incident: While serving crew at the port side of the bar, two operations technicians, Keyes and Ican'joq, were harrassed when D'jar entered the room. He accused them of theft without explaining, beyond "wearing the wrong clothing", and then threw two uniforms that would be worn by First Responders on the floor. He told them to strip immediately and change into new clothing, then showed them their own IDs, stating they would only get them back once they changed and went to their new assignments. D'jar effectively told them (Keyes and Ican'joq) to assume the roles of First Responders, and that they would apparently not be keeping their jobs in Operations. Visibly, I did not notice them wearing anything out of the sort; they were both wearing Orion Express Operations uniforms, and Ican'joq wore a bright cape over his own. When asked, the cape apparently was part of a separate uniform, but didn't actually belong to anyone, per D'jar's answer.

I asked what D'jar was (in terms of position), and if he had authority to reassign positions. He showed us his ID, which said "Security Officer", and I of course knew he didn't have any authority to reassign positions, much less demand employees strip and redress in uniforms in the position of his choice.

All witnesses listed were there up until this point, at which point Margarita, the machinist, seemed uncomfortable and left. Shortly after, Zarina briefly left on call for some security issue I'm not aware of.

After this, I informed D'jar that I was going to take the uniforms he'd thrown on the floor and put them in the "lost-in-found" in the backroom, and take them back to Medical later. Once I came out of the Backroom, I found D'jar had jumped over the counter, knocking a few items over. I told him he couldn't be back here (behind the bar), and that I needed him to leave. While speaking, he took out and replaced a few items on his belt, namely those used to defuse someone who might be violent. (I was not. I stood in one place and spoke to him as calmly as possible. The investigator and other security officer can account for that). He accused me of theft and breaking "regulations" plural, and I tried again to calmly explain that he couldn't reassign positions, make employees redress, etc. He ignored me, began yelling (witnessed, again, by Phylactory and Zarina) and insulting me, arguing, and refused to leave the bar. Zarina talked him down from doing anything brash, and he put away his equipment, at which point I said I was going to leave the bar and return the uniforms to medical, who didn't seem aware that they'd been taken. Walking back to the bar, I found D'jar had thankfully left, but had seemed to "trash", for lack of a better word, the area outside of the living quarters. I gave him a wide berth and went back to work either.

In essence, I feel that myself and others had our safety threatened by D'jar's negligence and erratic behavior.

Submitted Evidence: No Attachments

Would you like to be personally interviewed?:
[X] - Yes
[ ] - No

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: No; none were available. Captain departed to living quarters shortly before this incident.

Actions taken: Two other members of security (Zarina, Phylactery) and myself made a concentrated effort to de-escalate D'jar, but he resisted extensively. I immediately brought the uniforms he had thrown back to Medical after saying I would, and my leaving the scene seemed to defuse him and remove him as well. He did not pursue the other victims.

Additional Notes: Field left blank.

Edited by ryder
Legibility.

TO: Sofia Valencia-Cortés, Bartender, SCCV Horizon

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 18-10:25-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2464

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Sofia Valencia-Cortés, Bartender, SCCV Horizon

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to CCIAA Maya Wilkins (the lancer).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 18-10:36:TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2464

SIGN: Maya Wilkins

• 2 weeks later...

TO: Sofia Valencia-Cortés, Bartender, SCCV Horizon

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals. 

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 27-09:14:TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2464