Callum99877's Moderator application.

Basic Information

Byond Account:

Callum99877

Character Name(s):

Ezra Scott, Martin Anderson, Anderson (IPC), C.P.1.7. and some old that i no longer use.

AI Name(s):

C.P.1.7

Preferred means of contact:

Skype, Steam, Pm, Byond...

Timezone:

BST (British time)

When are you on Aurora?:

Everyday, on weekends most of the day, on weekdays any time between 8am and 12 noon and after 5pm up until around 1am. (thats 12 noon till 8pm est.) Some weekdays that i dont have college i will be on for most of the day and i finish college in june, after then i can be online every dead hour as it was stated is needed.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

I started 2 years ago but stopped until i started playing on Aurora.

How long have you played on Aurora: 9 months, since july.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

Obviously, not everything as there is alot to know. I do know quite alot but there is always more to learn.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

No, the reason for this is that i hadnt wanted to stick to a server till i came here, i didnt enjoy the other servers as i do here and thats why ive never had the chance. I have moderated for a community called UEG however. But that is just monitoring behavior on forums.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

just the once, i used to have a real bad temper, a HoP tried to demote me (for nothing) and i may have hit him with a pickaxe......

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

I could go on for hours, i play ss13 because i enjoy it, it can get annoying when we have griefers but that can be dealt with, i play for the RP, i enjoy having different roles on the station to choose, i enjoy the setting and most of all i enjoy getting to know the characters i play with in each department.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

I play here for a thousand reasons. There are lots of friendly players ive gotten to know, they always help each other out and teach new players, there are some characters i dont get along with when playing my characters but that just makes it enjoyable. Ive only ever had one problem with an admin, they apologized and it was handled well and i believe the admins are good people and are helpful. I play here because aurora is the best Rp server, its got the best players and there hasent been another server ive enjoyed and wanted to stick with.

What do moderators do?:

Correct me if im wrong, moderators watch the behavior of players, they answer ahelps, and uphold the rules however they can. And keep players in line so the server runs smoothly.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

This question slightly confused me, To me it means completing all the tasks above while showing a good example for the players.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I want to help the server and community as best i can, i want to be more involved. I want the chance to say that ive done it at least once and be proud of that. If there is something i can do to help or be involved then i will do my best at it.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I always try an act as a peacemaker, ive managed to get over the temper i used to have. Im ambitious, i want the best for the server and i want to do whatever i can to achieve it. Im committed, as long as its here i will be, and even if i dont get on the moderater team i will try again at the next opportunity because giving up is not on the cards. I try to be polite all the time and i enjoy helping new players to learn.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

a year ago, terribly but now i am able to laugh off insults, of course i still get angry but i handle it in the correct way now. there has been one occasion this year and i believed i handled it in the right way. Stress though isnt a problem.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I wont pretend to be the ideal candidate, there are those that could well do better than me at the job. I still have alot to learn and will have new things il need to learn if im a moderator. But if i got the chance to learn i would not throw it away, id love to have the opportunity.

As far as situations being handled i think that things are handled well, ive noticed 1 or 2 times that ahelps are sometimes not answered during dead hour (hence the need for new moderators) but also id try to reduce the workload for certain members of the team. Anyone that works too hard can get burnt out. Going back to situations, i think that the server should create a way of communicating with each other privately, for example, say two people are arguing in Looc where everyone can see it. after an admin has spoken with them individually they can try bringing them together to talk it out. Im not sure if you have a way of that but i find if two people actually talk it out, not argue, then they will have less bad feelings toward one another, rather than using an admin as a middle man. Ive noticed skull using central for people to talk occasionally but surely it would be easier to be able to use the chat box and not spawn mobs in and teleport players?

But im satisfied with how things are handled, i dont think anything would need changing immediately, however there are a few ideas that could be developed in the future.

Also regarding your question, i was unsure by what you meant by "handled" was it handling player situations or the server as a whole? I wrote briefly about each regardless.

• 1 month later...