BYOND key: generalcamo

Discord Username: GeneralCamo#4928

Character names:

Len Zhang, Surgeon

Abdul ibn Turkiel, Bridge Officer

Milton Tovarch, Machinist

A few others used for experiments I have abandoned

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Approximately a year
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
I received a warning once for not obviously antagging, but no official action was taken

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
OOC, Head of Staff are expected to bring their experience with roleplaying into the community, and contribute positively to the community's growth. To this end, they are expected to show good roleplaying, and provide opportunities to characters; this could be in the form of creating a rivalry for a traitor to exploit, commanding a department or the ship itself during an emergency, or even just giving a new player a job or some training in their position so they can continue to provide their experience to Aurora.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
Primarily to provide an example to the community on roleplaying, and hopefully provide an incentive to stay with the server and perhaps even apply to a whitelist on their own. Assisting and interacting with other players is the primary thing to do here, along with upholding the rules of the server and the SOP of the ship itself.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
The two primary characters I have played are Abdul and Len. I shall provide information for both of them. Currently not much is happening in Tau Ceti, however there was recently the refugee crisis from the Jargon Federation, and the greater war between the new SCC/Biesel and Sol. In addition, there is a great shortage of Phoron which spurred the creation of the SCCV Horizon, which both characters serve on.

For Len Zhang, they are a veteran of Zeng-Hu, and has treated many patients aboard the Aurora and Horizon. Originally contracted with Nanotrasen, during the war in Sol, they treated many of the casualties that were eventually brought onto the NSS Exodus. This caused him some trauma that took him out of work for a year. He is now installed with a memory inhibitor to prevent further issues, and was soon after transferred to the new SCC, and the NSS Aurora, where they continued their job. During this time, the Jargon Federation had an election, which eventually resulted in the refugee crisis. His thoughts on this were, rather mixed. He heard many rumors about the Kala on the Aurora, but also knew about xenophobia. His loyalty to the company was paramount however, and he never spoke out publically against the Jargon Federation or the refugees until the terrorist attack, which he personally condemned. He now serves aboard the SCCV Horizon, where he continues to provide top-notch medical services to the crew aboard.

As for Abdul, they served as a third officer aboard a TCFL vessel (At this time I am not sure if they served as a Legionary or a Prefect). Their family historically has served in a military capacity, formerly for the Sol Government and now for the Republic of Biesel's Legion. During the recent war they were -not- deployed to Biesel, instead being deployed to defend New Gibson, and as a result only partook in relatively minor skirmishes compared to the main fighting. They were however, soon after deployed to the recently annexed Corporate Reconstruction Zone, where he saw first-hand the instability and chaos of the region. With his commission ended, Abdul takes his command experience to the newly launched SCCV Horizon to assist in the search for desperately needed Phoron, to hopefully avoid another chaotic instance such as what he saw in the invasion and the CRZ.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
For Len Zhang, I plan to go with CMO. For Abdul ibn Turkiel, I plan to go with Executive Officer with the possibility to later go with Captain depending on how they develop.

I may create a character to serve as Consular to the Empire of Dominia, but not for the trial.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes, along with the chain of command page. I have also pointed out inaccuracies and outdated information to the wiki team.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
Len Zhang: CMO

Abdul ibn Turkiel: XO, CO

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes

Have you linked your byond account to the forums? 
Yes

Extra notes:
I'm generally more available on weekends than on the weekdays, but I shall strive to play more on weekdays while I am on trial. I just have work to balance out with Aurora.

• 2 weeks later...