Jump to content

Roostercat12 Complaint - Slickallx


Recommended Posts

BYOND Key: Slickallx
Staff BYOND Key: Roostercat12
Game ID: Didn't catch it. Was the most recent round to this post.
Reason for complaint: Permabanned me after accusing me of Jobhopping, because after the Captain and 3 others were dying of lung damage, Medical asked for help. I told them I could maybe do surgery depending on the circumstances due to my characters background of serving in the Imperial Army as a Medical Officer for 10 years. They decline me as a Surgeon finally shows up, and I don't press it any further, In my ban message Rooster says that I "tried to convince medical to let me do surgery" This is not what happened, I told them I could, and then a surgeon showed up so I waited for the other officer there to be ready so we could go to security. The most medical I did during this round was giving a dead person CPR. I believe that I hurt Roosters feelings by telling them off for calling my characters backstory unbelievable and told them to close my ticket as I wasn't actively attempting to do any advanced medical and there wasn't a problem. This shouldn't have even been a staff issue to begin with. What is the point of making characters if staff can deem your character unbelievable at any point. I even tried to explain my reasoning to them. I made this complaint because I find this ban unwarranted, barring my prior history. There was no rule break even attempted here, I believe they banned me just because I told them to leave me alone about it. 

Evidence/logs/etc :https://gyazo.com/154c5bb80f8cf4f7c4d6f597db3dc9fb
Additional remarks:

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SlickitySlickAllx said:

BYOND Key: Slickallx
Staff BYOND Key: Roostercat12
Game ID: Didn't catch it. Was the most recent round to this post.
Reason for complaint: Permabanned me after accusing me of Jobhopping, because after the Captain and 3 others were dying of lung damage, Medical asked for help. I told them I could maybe do surgery depending on the circumstances due to my characters background of serving in the Imperial Army as a Medical Officer for 10 years. They decline me as a Surgeon finally shows up, and I don't press it any further, In my ban message Rooster says that I "tried to convince medical to let me do surgery" This is not what happened, I told them I could, and then a surgeon showed up so I waited for the other officer there to be ready so we could go to security. The most medical I did during this round was giving a dead person CPR. I believe that I hurt Roosters feelings by telling them off for calling my characters backstory unbelievable and told them to close my ticket as I wasn't actively attempting to do any advanced medical and there wasn't a problem. This shouldn't have even been a staff issue to begin with. What is the point of making characters if staff can deem your character unbelievable at any point. I even tried to explain my reasoning to them. I made this complaint because I find this ban unwarranted, barring my prior history. There was no rule break even attempted here, I believe they banned me just because I told them to leave me alone about it. 

Evidence/logs/etc :https://gyazo.com/154c5bb80f8cf4f7c4d6f597db3dc9fb
Additional remarks:

Not to mention, after reviewing their recent posts on Unbans regarding them. They have another case where they gave out unwarranted lengths of time for menial things such as going AFK. Like come on, do better guys.

Edited by SlickitySlickAllx
Spelling
Link to comment
1 hour ago, SlickitySlickAllx said:

Medical asked for help. I told them I could maybe do surgery depending on the circumstances due to my characters background of serving in the Imperial Army as a Medical Officer for 10 years. They decline me as a Surgeon finally shows up, and I don't press it any further, In my ban message Rooster says that I "tried to convince medical to let me do surgery" This is not what happened, I told them I could, and then a surgeon showed up so I waited for the other officer there to be ready so we could go to security.

It is generally not acceptable for one character to have skills from multiple departments. Surgery is a very precise and particular skill within medical. Having any ability to do surgery as a security guard is not acceptable. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Garnascus said:

It is generally not acceptable for one character to have skills from multiple departments. Surgery is a very precise and particular skill within medical. Having any ability to do surgery as a security guard is not acceptable. 

I understand that. I just wanted to help out in a dire situation and didn't really think about the out of character side of things. I fully understand that it's considered jobhopping and why after being ahelped I didn't continue it any further. I just don't understand the permaban after talking with Rooster and telling them it was a simple mistake and I was thinking about what my character would say. I just feel like it was brought on because I showed my annoyance with them calling my character unbelievable

Link to comment
Just now, SlickitySlickAllx said:

I understand that. I just wanted to help out in a dire situation and didn't really think about the out of character side of things. I fully understand that it's considered jobhopping and why after being ahelped I didn't continue it any further. I just don't understand the permaban after talking with Rooster and telling them it was a simple mistake and I was thinking about what my character would say. I just feel like it was brought on because I showed my annoyance with them calling my character unbelievable

Keep in mind there were no medical personnel aside from a handful of first responders. Who had their hands full, but almost as soon as I said I could help, more medical personnel came in to help so I backed off. I didn't even try to argue with their complaint, I told them I understood but I had a problem with them trying to dictate the background of my character.

Link to comment

Well, you did just come off of a permaban and have just received an antag ban a few days ago. Your history played heavily into the punishment here. You should have known by now this is not acceptable. 

Link to comment
On 07/06/2022 at 20:13, Garnascus said:

Well, you did just come off of a permaban and have just received an antag ban a few days ago. Your history played heavily into the punishment here. You should have known by now this is not acceptable. 

Does the fact that I got permabanned before make me immediately a bad person? I was having a great round just to get permabanned for something I didn't even do. Thats my point, I would understand if I did perform the surgery but I didn't. I didn't try to convince anyone to let me do it, I was simply just trying to help. I don't understand the moderation philosophy of this community. You guys are so well known for giving permabans for the smallest things that it's a common occurence, The point of moderation is not to ban every single person who has a bad round or makes a simple mistake, but to help them grow as a better roleplayer and player in general. That's why I'm having trouble coming to terms with all of this.

Link to comment
On 07/06/2022 at 20:13, Garnascus said:

Well, you did just come off of a permaban and have just received an antag ban a few days ago. Your history played heavily into the punishment here. You should have known by now this is not acceptable. 

If I really just wanted to be a griefer and ruin rounds, do you think I'd be trying to get it appealed? I don't think so. I want to play with this community, and it seems every step I take is nuanced just because I've been permabanned in the past for a simple rulebreak.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2022 at 20:38, SlickitySlickAllx said:

Does the fact that I got permabanned before make me immediately a bad person? I was having a great round just to get permabanned for something I didn't even do. Thats my point, I would understand if I did perform the surgery but I didn't

It doesnt matter. You told medical you could do surgery thus you broke the server rules. In no situation can a security officer have surgery knowledge. 

 

On 08/06/2022 at 20:38, SlickitySlickAllx said:

Does the fact that I got permabanned before make me immediately a bad person?

No it just means you have been given chances before. You will need to appeal this ban at your leisure i am afraid. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...