Has living lore been impactful to the ship/station?

Marlon P.

When you play the game, how relevant do you feel the articles being posted have been to your playstyle? How much do you engage with them? I pop on to observe rounds and see conversations more reliably than just being a gardener or something, and even then that's a very small sample size.

How invasive do events of the narrative get for your character? How has your daily round been affected by events? Do you feel like you don't involve yourself in what goes on in the galaxy? Do you want to?

Lore writers know everything going on and it's like asking the DM if he's involved in his homebrew setting's lore so you're forbidding to post.... vanilla players only.....................

Edited by Marlon P.

The only example I can think of is when Mars exploded and I decided to retire my Martian character since he was barely established and it felt too dramatic to deal with if it ever came up. I didn't want to roleplay a guy stressing over whether or not his entire family back home was dead. Took my interest out of the character. Otherwise, I never paid much mind to the ongoing narratives and current events, because--as I played mostly ordinary human Biesel citizens who just wanted to do their job and eke out a living--they never felt all that relevant. I fell inactive at around the time the Sol breakdown happened which would have probably affected my Solarian character but that never came to pass for me.

Honestly, the living lore, constant news articles of event happenings around the spur, on different planets and nearby stations. This is what keeps my character going, it also makes my characters feel more alive and have depth to each of them. It gives the ability to make a good background based off events in the lore and what characters I can or cannot make. Before I play after awhile of not playing, I try to read up on the current events happening and the latest news articles so my character has that knowledge and get bring it up if a conversation begins to die out. Also its just fun to read when I can't play at all!