Alexanderself1 Unban Request *3*

BYOND Key: Alexanderself1
Total Ban Length: Permanent
Banning staff member's Key: Wicked_Cybs
Reason of Ban: You have again given suspicious reasoning as to why you need to leave whenever you're going to be caught or are caught as an antag. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that history along with you taking your time in dchat after cryoing to just chat with people instead of doing the urgent unspecified thing you swore to me you had to leave for was strange. This comes with an antag ban, please appeal on the fourm if you feel you can offer me a better explanation.

I wasn't even near getting caught afaik. I actually don't know if I got caught at all? I was being dragged to walmart, so I got ready after cryoing then talked in dchat until I was literally walking out the door. I tried to message Wicked_cybs both on discord and on here to like, literally prove I was not home and could not possibly have continued playing but they never saw it so now were here!

Edited by Alexanderself1

The most important place you can "prove" anything would be when logged into the server, where you can give me the details in our tickets. Secondary would be discord if It's truly pressing, not being able to message me there is no excuse considering I can be pinged on the main server if It's particularly important. 

Now, during the round you ahelped that you'd have to go quickly, within ten minutes without much of an explanation. This was fine to me, we get a lot of tickets like this from antags. Roughly that much time passes and you cryo. Afterward you spend some time in dchat chatting about security that round, how you'd never be found out, among other things. I noticed this and questioned you on it. You only told me that your friend needed to do something with cologne and then disconnected during the ticket. Afterward I reviewed why you've been warned and banned before in the past and this ended up being unfortunately similar, down to a short explanation before a prompt disconnect. So that's why I decided to go forward with the ban.

This won't be lifted right this moment, but if you can give me a small explanation as to how we can avoid this happening again. It could be something along the lines of being more detailed, not spending more time than needed on the server once you already say you're leaving urgently. Up to you. 

Edited by WickedCybs
fixed some odd mistakes I made last night
1 hour ago, WickedCybs said:

The most important place you can "prove" anything would be when logged into the server, where you can give me the details in our tickets. Secondary would be discord if It's truly pressing, not being able to message me there is no excuse considering I can be pinged on the main server if It's particularly important. 

Now, during the round you ahelped that you'd have to go quickly, within ten minutes without much of an explanation. This was fine to me, we get a lot of tickets like this from antags. Roughly that much time passes and you cryo. Afterward you spend some time in dchat chatting about security that round, how you'd never be found out, among other things. I noticed this and questioned you on it. You only told me that your friend needed to do something with cologne and then disconnected during the ticket. Afterward I reviewed why you've been warned and banned before in the past and this ended up being unfortunately similar, down to a short explanation before a prompt disconnect. So that's why I decided to go forward with the ban.

This won't be lifted right this moment, but if you can give me a small explanation as to how we can avoid this happening again it could happen in a month. It could something along the lines of being more detailed, not spending more time than needed on the server once you already say you're leaving urgently. Up to you. 

I attempted to message you on discord regarding this but I didn’t know your @, screenshot included below. I got banned pretty recently for this and contacted that banning admins (see alexanderself1 unban request 2) and privately messaged him the details of why this disconnection issue is so frequent. I will now privately message you that same exact message, unedited so some of it will not apply to this current situation. 
Order of events here from me cryoing to me disconnecting we’re as follows:

1. Cryo, begin to get ready to leave

2. only have to throw shoes on, people I am leaving with are getting ready so talk with the lads and lassies in dchat 

3. put shoes on 

4. return to computer and shortly receive a bwoink asking about why I am in dchat if I have to leave 

5. I state that I do have to leave, and my friend was getting ready and I was leaving shortly 

6. Disconnect, turn off computer, leave

7. in car on way to destination attempt to both find out wicked_cyb’s discord info and Aurora profile so I can contact them now that I am away from my computer, as I understand that leaving during a ticket was bad but like, you knew I had to leave

8. return, find out I am banned from antag

7E96F454-3DDA-4A82-86BE-59CE6EB7D5BA.png

The justifications behind why you had to leave and why you were in dchat just aren't relevant now. It's happened too much (and only when you're antagging) to the point and I can't just dismiss this by giving you the benefit of the doubt. So please answer what I asked you in my last post. What are you going to do differently so something like this does not happen again if I was to lift the antag ban? Be cognizant of the fact that there's a variety of people in staff, and we're going off of your past actions here.

13 minutes ago, WickedCybs said:

It's happened too much (and only when you're antagging)

I am rarely not antag, but I can confidently state that I cryo in non-antag rounds as well as antag rounds. It only attracts attention when I am an antag, as I have to ahelp it to cryo instead of just cryoing which is what I do as a nonantag. I can highlight 3 rounds in the past three days where I was nonantag and cryod. If my memory serves me correctly, those were literally my only 3 rounds as a nonantag in the past few days. I played one round as one of the ghostrole solarian fleet things I wanna say yesterday before or after I got banned? Where I also cryo'd after a lil bit.

12 hours ago, WickedCybs said:

but if you can give me a small explanation as to how we can avoid this happening again. It could be something along the lines of being more detailed, not spending more time than needed on the server once you already say you're leaving urgently. Up to you. 

I did not have time to be more detailed when you adminPM'd me after I cryo'd. I was making smalltalk in dchat while preparing to leave, and then by the time I got the last pm I was quite literally in the doorway reaching across my keyboard to respond and then turn off the computer. I guess I don't see an issue with always turning off ss13 directly after cryoing? I can do that it just feels like this is all in bad taste to me honestly. I told you I had to go, you PM'd me after I cryo'd to go so the disconnect wasn't some random phenomenon and I tried to make contact with you on discord and these forums to continue the ticket after I had to leave. You asked why I was still talking in dchat and I responded that my friend was spraying cologne (part of getting ready). The message in itself was short because I was also getting ready, and by the time I got the last PM, as stated, I was literally on my way out the door. 

15 hours ago, Alexanderself1 said:

You have again given suspicious reasoning as to why you need to leave whenever you're going to be caught or are caught as an antag. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that history along with you taking your time in dchat after cryoing to just chat with people instead of doing the urgent unspecified thing you swore to me you had to leave for was strange. This comes with an antag ban, please appeal on the fourm if you feel you can offer me a better explanation.

You specifically asked me to appeal with a better explanation, which I have now done and you state that 

25 minutes ago, WickedCybs said:

The justifications behind why you had to leave and why you were in dchat just aren't relevant now.

At the end of the day, I didn't have a choice between staying or leaving. I had to leave. I tried to contact you outside of the server, and I have proof of that both here on forums and on discord, I am sorry that the time I was told to be ready by, literally no one else was ready, and I was spared a few minutes to talk in dchat. I am also sorry that I had to disconnect mid adminpm, but as you stated 

12 hours ago, WickedCybs said:

Secondary would be discord if It's truly pressing, not being able to message me there is no excuse considering I can be pinged on the main server if It's particularly important. 

I tried, I couldn't find your @ and when I asked for it no one responded, so I went to the #contact_list or whatever its called and found you on the forums, to which you still have yet to respond. 

9 hours ago, Alexanderself1 said:

You specifically asked me to appeal with a better explanation, which I have now done and you state that 

-my quote-

At the end of the day, I didn't have a choice between staying or leaving. I had to leave. I tried to contact you outside of the server, and I have proof of that both here on forums and on discord, I am sorry that the time I was told to be ready by, literally no one else was ready, and I was spared a few minutes to talk in dchat. I am also sorry that I had to disconnect mid adminpm, but as you stated 

I did ask you to give a better explanation and I can't say I was entirely convinced. This appeal is also not your first. That you've even done multiple rather than pursue staff complaints should be because you agreed with your past judgements, so why would I believe there's always been a series of misunderstandings or that what happened wasn't quite the same when it was essentially a repeat? Even if I was convinced, the issue is that you keep getting spoken to and banned due to this.  It can't keep happening again and again over another series of unfortunate events.

So, if you want your antag ban lifted I again, need you to tell me what you can do better one month from now. I've already given you short snippets of what might be good to consider, like disconnecting right after you cryo if you imply a great urgency to us instead of casually chatting in dchat about the round. You should realize how what you do looks especially given your history. I wouldn't have even cared if you just said you were done and gave a reason, cryoed and then chatted but you ended up doing it in a way that was too flagrant to ignore. 

Now, if you can't provide an outline to me on how we can prevent anymore misunderstandings, or if you just don't think It's necessary due to your outside factors then I have to tell you, you're not getting the antagonist ban lifted. It's a big problem for any important role to have someone consistently drop out whatever the reason. Think of what you can do differently. 

9 hours ago, Alexanderself1 said:

I tried, I couldn't find your @ and when I asked for it no one responded, so I went to the #contact_list or whatever its called and found you on the forums, to which you still have yet to respond. 

In that case, please ask another member of staff on the list that's online, they can let me know you're looking for me. That aside, your fourm message was read and was taken into account when it came to my replies here, which I consider response enough. I can send you a message in there still if there's any confusion over how it was relevant to the complaint but I won't be doing a back-and-forth discussion.

The appeal is denied. You can make another no sooner than August 19 of this year and it should have your have your outline of what you're going to do differently.