BYOND key: Ershovdi

Discord Username: Kersh#2307

Character names:
Ka'Akaix'Sotis C'thur - a Vaurca Xenoarcheologist
Za'Akaix'Rang Zo'ra - a Vaurca Security Officer
Jribekk Drajulmir - a Zhan-Khazhan Ship Engineer
Qubick Maquse - a Skrell Investigator from the Coalition of Colonies
Willsh-Qabe Juxeq - Federation's Bridge Crew
Harrmalik Zaydan - a PRA M'sai Head of Security.  -- Matt told me I can create other command characters doing my Trial. So, I also want to try out new roles.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I have seen the original AuroraStation and played there as a human character Thadeus Proteus who I'm not playing as anymore.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
I've got one or two warnings on Aurora discords for talking about more or less personal things publicly. Nothing too serious though.

QUESTIONS

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
OOC purpose of any Head of Staff is to be an example to every other player. If someone becomes a captain, for example, every player will look up to them and make opinions about them. If a newbie comes to the server, they will most likely look at the leaders of every other department to see what kind of server they are on. So, keeping a good image of yourself is important, IMO. I am not even mentioning how Heads of Staff are almost the most important roles for decent corporate Roleplay and overall feel of the game.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
Whitelisted players must show their responsibility and good roleplaying skills. These are the most important as well as the knowledge of the lore. And the thing about Aurora is that it's lore helps EVERY player understand their character's places better. The more you play - the more information you consume, and at some point everything will connect. Whitelisted Command players must understand lore to understand their own characters and the character of every other player to create better roleplaying experience. And how I'm going to uphold these standards is simple: Read Lore, Be creative, Be kind to people.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Tau Ceti has a phoron crisis - everyone in the galaxy knows that (besides some Zhans in rural villages LOL). When I was writing my Skrell WL Application with Willsh, I was planning to make them a Captain. Their background is as follows: a Qukala soldier with several university degrees becomes so experienced that the Federation wanted them on the Horizon to solve the phoron scarcity problem. However, Phoron issue is not the only thing happening in Tau Ceti! Einstein Engines found another way to travel - Warp Drives. And just when everything started to sound okay-ish, Beauchamp attacked the Warp Gate. That caused a development of a small prejudice against humans in Willsh's mind.  Now they think that the Skrell should have more control in human affairs.

I think this is a pretty interesting idea for a Skrell character. Of course, Willsh wasn't a politician, but with their experience in the Federation Navy should make sense as they are getting an Executive Officer job - these guys also control the Bridge Crew.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Executive Officer, Captain, Research Director, Head of Security, Consular - these first four are my most favorite command roles of all time I was playing Space Station 13. And I also want to create a Vaurca Breeder character. We'll see what will happen.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Obviously. I've read the job articles long before actually playing on Aurora. (It's funny to me how every one of them mentions paperwork, but seeing real beurocracy in-game is quite rare)

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
Willsh-Qabe Juxeq -- Executive Officer (aspiring to be a Captain in the near future)
Harrmalik Zaydan -- Head of Security (created because I want to RP as an experienced police officer from authoritarian country, PRA).

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes.

Have you linked your byond account to the forums?
Yep.

Extra notes:
I wanted to get a Whitelist to the Command roles before, but then I realized that I don't have the time for this. Good news: now I'm back and I have a LOT of ideas for characters. Thank you for reading this application.

Edited by ErshOurHerzog
Added a new command character because Matt told me to do that if I want to play as a HoS as well

One thing I'd mention: It's important to note that your OOC purpose as a head of staff includes taking care of your department (or the heads of staff as Captain or XO) and making sure that everyone has something to do, especially when it comes to training newbies. You also should be expecting to deal with messy or chaotic rounds that you will have to help correct and get the game back on track.

I am a little biased because Kersh is my friend, but I am going to heavily endorse this application for the following reasons:

Kersh is an absolute maniac when it comes to roleplaying worlds. If he catches even a whiff of an interesting idea, he will spend hours researching it and learning everything about it. Especially important for Aurora. I find it so refreshing and inspiring to see someone so passionate for a fictional setting and world.

I have absolutely no doubt that Kersh would make for a great Ta player, because he has two Vaurca characters already that have in-depth personalities and histories and are always awesome to roleplay with. He clearly enjoys Vaurca lore and has even gotten me interested in it myself. Besides, we could use a few more Tas.

As for the role of Captain, he is by no means a lazy or inactive player and would be involved and do his best in the round - sometimes, that would be much better than I've seen before. He's very conscious of what he's doing and I don't believe that he's going to go into the Captain role without being prepared for the stress and responsibilities.

Kersh is a friendly and approachable person who doesn't hold a grudge and is easy to work with. Very important for a command player and a player in general. One of the first people I became friends with on Aurora and was part of the reason I stuck around. Trusting this kind of person with the authority to make important decisions in a round is NOT a bad idea.

Give him a shot, see how it goes.

+1 from Sputnik.

• Like 2

I don't really know Kersh, but I have seen their characters, so I should be pretty unbiased. I thought they were pretty good, and most of my interaction is with Wilsh, their bridge crewman. I felt that Wilsh was  competent and reliable. I did see a little bit of their scientist Vaurca and thought that it was appropriately played.
I will say I personally disagree on what the purpose of a head of staff is, but that's not really super important. 
I think it's worth giving Kersh a trial, at least.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...