Resource Integration Gear [WiP]

Guest 1138

Resource Integration Gear, or RIG for short, is an integrated health management and strength augmentation system that assists users in previously impossible and dangerous environments.

Ripped directly from Dead Space, not unlike a few elements of Space Station 13 inspired from the futuristic series, the RIG is an attachable accessory to the jumpsuit which allows the user to immediately analyze the user's health and specific damage readouts. RIGs are dispensed from Medical and can be given to R&D to reverse engineer and duplicate for the entire crew. RIG units can be viewed remotely from any crew monitoring console, and immediately identifies the user, provided they have an ID on their person or in their PDA. Syndicate RIGs do not share this feature.

When worn, a small health bar pops up to the top right of the spess(wo)man's sprite. If the wearer of the RIG takes damage, the RIG will start blipping similar to an EKG at a consistent pace, which can be heard faintly over two units away. If the user dies whilst wearing a RIG attached to their jumpsuit, the RIG emits a loud EKG flatline that can be heard over 6 tiles away, at a moderate noise level, even if there is a wall in the way, a witness does not need to see the person dying to hear their RIG flatline. This does not count if the witness or victim is in space or in a low pressure zone, however, the witness MUST have sight of the victim in space AND be within 2 tiles in range, and vice versa. Each additional tile from the 6 tile minimum that the witness is away from the victim will result in a fainter RIG flatline noise. At 12 units away, the RIG cannot be heard flatlining.

Thread is subject to change, will finish later.

Yes. Also, if the user dies, anyone one room over can hear the flatline.

Sorry I didn't clarify this, I've been busy with reel laif and so I couldn't finish this when it could have been convenient

Sorry I didn't clarify this, I've been busy with reel laif and so I couldn't finish this when it could have been convenient

As a better(easier)method, it could display something akin to the death alarm over the radio, while, say the helmet has the medical HUD installed into it, so as to allow that functionality. Thoughts?

As a better(easier)method, it could display something akin to the death alarm over the radio, while, say the helmet has the medical HUD installed into it, so as to allow that functionality. Thoughts?

So who will be using this sort of equipment, medical personnel or who? I wouldn't really object to it personally.

I like.

Regarding the death alarm; Not over the public comms, of course, only for the medical department and for the department of the victim, if applicable.

Actually, I have a bit of an idea. I can go fetch the more advanced hardsuit code that Baystation has existed for some time, and then perhaps work on some modification to it.

Basically, things we could look at:

Differing HUD setups and functions

Differing symbiosis options with suit specific equipment (you get some bonuses if you're using weaponry with a sec hardsuit, for example)

Close range, closed circuit comms network between hardsuits (imagine an always on radio, to overcome the lack of verbal comms in spess, would be helmet functionality)

And cupcakes.

Actually, I have a bit of an idea. I can go fetch the more advanced hardsuit code that Baystation has existed for some time, and then perhaps work on some modification to it.

Differing symbiosis options with suit specific equipment (you get some bonuses if you're using weaponry with a sec hardsuit, for example)

Close range, closed circuit comms network between hardsuits (imagine an always on radio, to overcome the lack of verbal comms in spess, would be helmet functionality)

And cupcakes.

Oh, and allow hardsuits to function in a method where their suit storage can hold the corresponding hardsuit helmet.

Afterward, you can activate the equipped hardsuit for the helmet to equip and unequip whilst also storing itself within the hardsuit storage.

And cupcakes.

Oh, and allow hardsuits to function in a method where their suit storage can hold the corresponding hardsuit helmet.

Afterward, you can activate the equipped hardsuit for the helmet to equip and unequip whilst also storing itself within the hardsuit storage.

One server I seen that you could modify hardsuits to hold magboots and the helmet, and you could retract the helmet.