Firstacts mod app

Basic Information

Byond Account: Firstact

Character Name(s): Blake Rosenthal, Na'Khar Sa'Kuate, D'Jar Sa'Kuate, Jo'Zah Saani, Jihani Rojawi, Rasul Mo'Taki

AI Name(s): None

Preferred means of contact: In descending preferability, steam, email, forums, skype

Timezone: GMT-0700

When are you on Aurora?: Weekdays, usually any time from 5-10pm. Weekends can be any variety of time.

Experience 1 year of moderating, 3 years of primary adminship on ss13. Out of ss13, 2 years of primary adminship. (Although it was basically being a mod)

How long have you played SS13?: 4 years

How long have you played on Aurora: 7 months

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: From helping devlope new builds, testing things, and playing the game for four years, I know a huge deal of game mechanics, and general knowledge. When it comes to basic questions players will ask I can answer just about everything with certainty except for some parts of science/research, but those are often not mechanics questions.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Yes

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play ss13 because I greatly enjoy roleplaying, and I enjoy the atmosphere that ss13 creates within the roleplay.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I play on Aurora because I enjoy the players, characters, enviroment, and personally because its a HeavyRP server. While the playerbase has gotten negative at some times it has never been too damaging from an outside point of view, although I never had issues with it so that might just be me.

What do moderators do?: Moderators vary from server to server, but on a whole most answer questions that players ahelp and either give them suggestions to a problem or if it is a mechanics issue/lack of knowledge, tell them how to do it or fix it. However, on some servers moderators are also basically trialmins where they answer small problems that would require an administrators attention but are not too important.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Well, being a moderator for Aurora wouldn't be too different from being a moderator on the last heavyrp server I was at. However, in comparison Aurora gets influxes of new players on a weekly basis, and it is important to keep these players interested in the server. By being a moderator for a large server like Aurora, I would be helping answer questions/problems with not just normal players, but also new players who migrate over, or those who may not know the differences between TG and bay code.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I wish to be a moderator to provide support for those who need it and to improve the overall quality of the game for people, as they would then posess the knowledge to help themselves or help others in the future.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I am very knowledgable about the game, I am friendly and can communicate well with players who do not know what they are doing or have not adapted to the roleplay style of a server. I don't think of staff as people who are above players, and I often try to look at situations from the view of the player who I am helping. I also have years of experience with this exact type of work and have grown very accustom to it, and have developed my own ways to deal with situations easily.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: At this point, I handle all of the above extremely well. The main reason, is that I personally try to keep a calm rational view of every situation in life, including one where someone is yelling straight in your face. Insults don't phase me, anger can get in the way but I have found how to get around it multiple times, and overall I don't get stressed easily.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I previously worked at Apoc, much before, and for about a year after the transfer of ownership. The server has an extremely bad rep now due to the new owner, which was why I left, however I was a mod and admin back when it was still a heavy roleplay server.

• 1 month later...