Advice Seeking

Cargo Bob

Question

Alright, so I have been playing on the server for abooouuuttt two or three weeks now, and it still seems like I'm missing something here.

I've got two main characters that I regularly play: Bobby Bass (Quartermaster) and John Arclite (Maintenance Tech).

Besides that one wonderful round where a bunch of us played Meowfia (Werewolf) in the bar and a couple with the medical staff, I have yet to /really/ have decent interactions with characters on the Aurora. I play late at night, dead hour mostly, so it's usually only a handful of people on and most of them seem to be regular players. I'm just curious as to what I'm doing wrong and how I could improve, be it something as simple as my character's need fleshing out more or some way to increase interactions, I'm looking for just about any sort of help I could get.

As far as the game mechanics go, with both characters I know exactly what to do for there jobs and 9 times out of 10 I see a round through to it's very end, but my characters both barely seem to know anyone and no one seems to want to get to know them at all. I'm just curious as to how to rectify this so I feel like less of an outcast and can enjoy the experience of playing here more.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Personally I just play without worrying about interaction. When I first started playing I rarely got interaction and I generally only get interaction from characters I've grown to know over time even now. Sometimes I'll get someone new to come along and it can be really fun but I definitely don't count on it. Whatever happens, happens really.

It might just not be any fault of your own, its how people are. Give it some time and weasel your way in some scenarios I would think. But subtly.

You can't force friendships.

You have to let them evolve organically. Fall into your characters mind when you play, let them breathe and react like a real human being.

Talk to people as your character would, do things as they would, etc.

Let them feel organic, and people will start to come around.