Adderman's Diona Application

BYOND Ckey: dradderman

Discord username: dr.adderman

Character names: Luka Rurik, Ivan Willhelm

Species you are applying to play: Diona(e)

------------------------------

General Whitelist Requirements 

What colour do you plan on making your first alien character?: A default brown/green, the character I wish to play was raised on Biesel, and has not had significant exposure to extreme elements

Have you read the lore pages for the species you wish to be whitelisted for?: Yes I have, I understand the basic biology of a Diona, and I know the history of the Eternal Gardens and understand Diona culture

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this species?: 

I have always been a big fan of ‘observer’ species, aliens that seem to watch all and know much more than most, but usually do not take part in the events they witness. Dionae also have an interesting personality mechanic with the Mindtypes, something that can classify the species in an interesting way. I also like the in-game mechanics, being durable and being able to split a Nymph off the main Gestalt and control it is a cool concept.

What makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a human?: 

It’s similar to the Skrell, who can seem more aloof to humans because of their longevity, but like I mentioned above, Dionae seem to be less interested in interfering with other species. Dionae also has the cool idea of the Voidic Rootsong Network, especially the The Last Vociferation of The Superlative Consensus, being a huge, galaxy-spanning method of communication, and in the Vociferation, a wake-up call for Dionae. That access to information and their natural longevity is something so very alien to humankind, it is very interesting to me.

------------------------------

Character Application

Character Name: Adrift Through Emptiness To Witness The Will Of Others

Write a backstory for your character. This may include their origin, education, personality and how they arrived to the SCCV Horizon. 

Witness was raised in the Eternal Gardens, under the Orthodox Eternal, most of the Nymphs in their Gestalt were born in the Growing Chamber, being chipped and taught in the traditional way. Eventually, Observer Of Others Freedom was created from the young Nymphs forming a Gestalt. They formed a Competence Choir, and started an apprenticeship under the Gestalt A Shining Light On New Growth. Shining Light taught Observer on how to haggle with other sapient creatures, and supported Observer on starting their own shop in the bazaar in the Eternal Gardens.

Shining Light was not a young Diona, and they were starting to really lose their ability to move, so they donated quite a few Nymphs to Observer, and the Nymphs from Shining Light took charge of the Gestalt, and a new Mindtype was formed, called Monarchal Melody, in which one nymph largely controls the gestalt, but if actions taken by the ‘Monarch’ are deemed detrimental to the group, they will be ejected and a new Monarch will be put in place. After this partial merge, Observer Of Others Freedom changed their name to To Witness The Will Of Others.

After they believed their shop had done well enough To Witness The Will Of Others decided to take a job with Orion Express, changing their name once more to Adrift Through Emptiness To Witness The Will Of Others. After a short training period, Witness was transferred to the SCCV Horizon in order to utilize their customer service skills in bartending.

How has the recent events of the Orion Spur impacted your character? Events such as the Phoron Scarcity, the Solarian Collapse or even the Invasions of Biesel for interstellar-wide affairs, while region-specific events such as the Peacekeeper Mandate, The Titan Rises or even Cold Dawn may impact your character.  

Witness does not often involve themselves with most large events, the Phoron Scarcity has been of little issue to them, as before their job with Orion Express, they had rarely needed access to phoron. Although, it was of interest to Witness to see Einstein Engines take a victory against Nanotrasen. The Peacekeeper Mandate had caught the attention of Witness, as it presented an opportunity to observe what the people of Biesel would do when confronted with the negative affects of the imperialism of the Republic of Biesel.

How does your character view the megacorporation they work for?

Witness is aware of the reputation of Orion Express, and they mainly see the corporation as a method of learning more about the habits of people outside of Biesel. Witness had decided to work for Orion knowing that getting work with them would be relatively easy compared to a large corporation like Idris Incorporated or Nanotrasen. They have tried to make friends with those in the service and mining departments, but they struggle to find common ground with some of the people who aren’t Bieselites.

Hi there! Questions: 

Spoiler

1. How does your Gestalt view the Omnivirate?

2. How does the recent Omnivirate's Providence Arc impact their views on the Omnivirate? 

3. We don't necessarily accept "new" mindtypes. Would the mindtype be more akin to Tyrannical Tune, but with slight changes to its operation, possibly a splice between Tyrannical Tune and Harmonius Hymn? 

Responses:

Spoiler

1. Witness views Connected to the Blossoms Beyond with some amount of reverence, as they are the main head of the Orthodox Eternal, the religion Witness follows. They are ambivalent towards Probing Discoveries of Unknown Investigators, as he does not view the augmentation of Dionae as necessarily good nor bad, though he is wary of those who follow the "Scorned" path, as Glorsh-Omega was an undeniably horrific being. They view the Ichor Eternal and Rationing Knowledge of Embodied Sanguis similarly to the Iron Eternal, as Witness doesn't see the consumption of genetic material as good nor bad, but he is wary of those who resort to forced extractions to gain knowledge.

2.Witness is against the poor treatment of any sapient being who believe in something different than the governing body, and he was happy to learn that concessions had been made in Xrim's treatment of those Dionae. However, Witness was more interested in the merging of the Omnivirate, as the idea of merging with a Gestalt of such variation from your own and attempting to come to consensus was something that intrigued them, and they wanted to know more.

3. That's my bad, in the Dionae Mindtypes section, there's a line that reads, "The below encompasses some of the myriad of potential structures that exist, and is by no means a conclusive list. Think of these as inspiration and feel free to make your own, although be logical with if your gestalt's unique mind would be fitting for the job NT has hired them for." But I'm not bothered by changing the mindtype to what you described, if you think that is best.