Conspire2Ignite's Skrell Application

BYOND Key: Conspire2Ignite

Character Names: Kay Lee, Into the Eternal Void, Silent Bee Crushed in Hand, Flames Licking Wooden Tile, Crop Circles Drawn in Dust, Witcher, Taste of Flowing Tears (+Emily, +Chaucer, +Percy)

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Since October 2014

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Mindfuck yellow I hate this question. I honestly have no idea what would look good or would fit :cry:. All I know for certain is that it will be a “cool” color, not a “warm” one.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yessir

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Skrell go squish. It makes me smile like an idiot.

In all seriousness, I got a character idea and I wanted to run with it. It's rather like running with scissors, but ten times more fun and with a slightly greater chance to stab yourself or others in the eye. I always smile whenever there's a Skrell aboard, so why not bring more on? Better, in a position where they can interact with crew and give them opportunities to form beliefs, good or bad, about a race not usually very social.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Humans can show their emotions freely with actions, words, and tone. If they're pissed off, they make sure you know it. Skrell aren't so easy. I imagine them as being the most subtle with their words. Sarcasm without sounding sarcastic, the driest humor there is, that sort of thing. I'd love to be able to emulate that, but it's difficult. I'm not sure I'll be able to live up to my imagination. I'm going to try anyway because screw negativity, I can do whatever I want.

Character Name: Melshki Liiar

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Melshki, what are you eating?

Ice cream. Softly served. It is very soft, as the name implies.

Why are you eating that human food?

I am celebrating. I am quitting my job.

I do not understand. You have a good job. Why are you quitting?

I am getting a new job. It will be aboard the NSS Aurora as a Quartermaster.

Melshki, you are destined for great things. I have always said this. Why do you choose to lower yourself?

The Aurora is beautiful. It is far different from the Amundsen. I do not wish to be the big fish in a little pond. I would rather be a small fish in a big pond and have the room to grow to be a big fish in a big pond.

I understand. May I be so hopeful as to assume you aim to be captain of this Aurora?

That is very amusing Larikin, but no. I do paperwork for a living. I do not find myself straying far from this path.

Whatever finds you peace, Melshki. Even if it involves pushing around large crates for humans that do not understand you.

Nonsense. I will have other humans do the crate-pushing.

You amuse me to no end. I congratulate you on your achievements. May I have some softly served ice creams, too?

“Shay ih in Bashick.”

“May I hafe shome shofly sherfed—I greatly dislike Basic. And you enjoy torturing me.

I have no idea what you mean.

What do you like about this character?

I like the potential to grow. Usually my Dionaea are the way they are because they're meant to be tools to amuse and relax people, show them that roleplaying spess work doesn't have to be srs bsns all the time. My Dionaea tend not to evolve much beyond who they already are. I'd like Melshki to change. To learn. To live this one wild and crazy life (until being killed and inevitably cloned).

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I manage well enough, I think.

Notes:

KNOWING THE NAMES OF OTHER NANOTRASEN VESSELS IN THE LORE

OUT OF

BEING AN UBERNERD

The weather is awful outside. I blame that for the very unseriousness of this application. No, I'm not drunk. And no, I didn't proofread. #Rebel #APEnglishWhat?