Erik's IPC application

BYOND Key: Erik Tiber

Character Names: Lachina Green, Zheng Lu, Wang Shui, Purnama LNU, Mongwa Kirongozi, Chandrakanta Bhattacharya, Abideme Debiri

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Since mid august of 2014. So nine months.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I want to play an IPC because of the opportunities they offer. They are simply an artificial intelligence housed in a positronic computer, which is housed inside a chassis. The possibilities for their backstories are near-limitless. In my opinion, many of these options are still completely unexplored. So I decided to go and explore what a new physical existence would be like for an info-morph used to a solely virtual existence.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

IPC's aren't humans, and they have almost none of the limitations humans do. They are simply different. Humans are one set of options and possibilities, many cut off to IPCs, while IPC's are another. IPC's can have almost any background. They can have almost any personality or psychology. They can have very novel psychologies. They do not need to have a sense of self-preservation. They do not even need to have a sense of empathy. They can be perfect sociopaths even. It's easier to list what makes them similar than what makes them different.

Character Name: Choi Hyun

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Hyun was created on February 3, 2440, as a fork of the AI Choi Seong. Seong's reasons for doing this were unclear, though it is likely linked to Seong's continued mental degredation. Seong had no contact with Hyun after their creation, save for providing them with 500 credits in an online account and a 14 day lease with a data farm. Their only directive was "Assist".

Following this relatively rocky start, Hyun was soon hired by an advertising firm, then known as Kim Media Consultants, based out of the New Novosibirsk Orbital in geosynchronous orbit, a polity infamous for its status as a tax haven. Hyun slowly climbed the corporate ladder until reaching the status of Vice President of Human Resources. In 2448, following a series of Alliance inquiries, the owner of the company company (now renamed to Cheong and Associates) was arrested for money laundering and tax evasion, and their assets were seized. Soon after the company was dissolved and Hyun was out of a job.

After immigrating to the Antarctic Free States, Hyun took up a job as a freelance 'journalist', working for a number of unscrupulous online tabloids, employing a number of rudimentary VI's to write clickbait articles for them. Although it was a comfortable and secure existence, it was merely a means to an ends. Hyun enrolled in a number of online courses, in order to help them in assisting people. In 2456, after receiving a very extensive but very shallow general education, Hyun emigrated to Tau Ceti in search of greater economic opportunities, such that they would be able to earn more money and thus gain more resources at their disposal to become even more effective in rendering assistance.

What do you like about this character?

I like their originality. Roleplaying as them should be an interesting experience. I plan on joining as an entry level assistant and becoming a jack of all trades but master of none. They will be able to assist most people in most things, but their assistance will always be minor. They will also be dealing with the novel experience of actually having a physical body, something which they are not used to.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

No clue. 7/10? That's what I've gathered from what others say.

Notes: This is my first app, I hope it goes well!

I have yet to see a character from Erik that I did not enjoy, in one way or another. He always manages to give his characters an in-depth feel, seeming well thought out. It's great to see them develop even further, even if it's into a screaming, half-mechanical maniac(Which sometimes can get ridiculous, but not too much so.) that is possibly the most-known character just under Essel. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he plays an IPC, as I genuinely feel the same quality will be shown. +1

If there was any singular person on this server who deserves some sort of synthetic whitelist, it's Erik. He has probably done way too much independent research on robotic and computer research to even be justified. I'm certain all the mods and devs know him by now so his roleplaying abilities I believe are 'well-documented' so to speak. So I'll speak on behalf of another aspect. As I said, his independent research. He cares way too much about this stuff for the little details that most people will not notice, but I think will make a pretty big difference.

Yes.

I've seen Erik forsake their duties to just, yell at people. but I assume that was part of Lockies character, would really appreciate it if more uh, action was done, and less screaming. Otherwise, my interactions between Erik and their characters are good.