Player Complaint: Direwolf20

BYOND Key: EvilBrage

Player Byond Key: Direwolf20

Staff involved: None present

Reason for complaint: Self-antagging, utterly abusing the whitelist, etc.

Approximate Date/Time: Approx. 12-3am, 5/26/15

In short - this is that one round some of you will recognize in which Dire's chief engineer Antony Bennit decided to replace all the windows around the CE office with reinforced walls. It was later discovered that he had created multiple consoles in the office - ID computer, crew monitor, robotics control, etc after having taken all of the boards from secure tech storage. When asked about this - and advised not to shoot open the locked-down abandoned crate - he proceeds to do just that, causing an explosion in the engineering shuttle dock. Note that there was no communication despite repeated attempts at speaking with Antony apart from a one-line "oops" when he blew up the abandoned crate. Not only that, but he also dismantles the shuttle computer and flees to the engineering outpost, where he proceeds to vent the entire outpost into space by forcing all of the exterior airlocks open.

When he is finally captured, his response is to yell "YOU SUCK" and go SSD.

Bearing in mind that Direwolf was not an antagonist, this is not behavior acceptable from any player, let alone a whitelisted one. No administrator was online at the time (I tried to get a hold of Aqy but it seems he was flooded with other issues) but other players can corroborate my story; I encourage you to speak up.

Brage's complaint on Bennit's behavior during that round is pretty much accurate. I remember directly witnessing the fortification of the CE's office, as well as one other incident.

If I'm not misremembering, Bennit also ended up arrested in this round for wandering off to the kitchen and grinding up both Ian and Pun-Pun to "make hamburgers".

As the engineering lizard that assisted in apprehending the self-antagging CE as it was around dead hour time and security was entirely ineffective during that time, in which the engineers themselves had to take matters in their own hands and detain the CE without any trouble, I can confirm this occurred.

Woah woah hey. First off. I only logged once, And that was because of being in told I was getting perma FOR OVER AN HOUR, sorry but im not sitting there for an hour, Two, yes I modified my office, And I took punishment for that, even though The paperwork for required was on the floor in my office, filled out, signed and stamped.Three, I was drugged when I ground up pun-pun and Ian. And finally four, This was ALL handled ICly (by security) and OOCly(by a staff member) Already.Five, there /was/ a staff member preasent because I was ahelped when forting my office....and again as the other stuff went down. also, even though I had the paperwork signed, mind you at the time I Was the only command staff preasent if I remember correctly, I thought it a good idea to have a Crew monitoring console in my office for saftey reasons.Also , I did /NOTHING/ to the Escape shuttle. NOT A THING.

Not the escape shuttle, the engineering outpost shuttle (mistype on my part.)

I suppose you thought an ID modification computer, an AI console, and all those other boards were "a good idea to have" in the office as well? If it was all above-board, then why try to hide it by replacing the glass airlock with a solid one, and windows with walls? Why did you try to prevent people from following you to the outpost? Why did you deliberately blow up a crate in the engineering shuttle dock?

You knew what you were doing was wrong.

Edited by Guest

I didn't vent the outpost at all The engineer that came in via the mining outpost forced both the doors and did that. I admit to dismanteling the consoles however, as I was on the run from security and figured that would naturally buy me time. I admit to that completely. but in all honest this situation has been resolved /days/ ago by a member of staff /during/ the round.

Not the escape shuttle, the engineering outpost shuttle (mistype on my part.)

I suppose you thought an ID modification computer, an AI console, and all those other boards were "a good idea to have" in the office as well? If it was all above-board, then why try to hide it by replacing the glass airlock with a solid one, and windows with walls? Why did you try to prevent people from following you to the outpost? Why did you deliberately blow up a crate in the engineering shuttle dock?

You knew what you were doing was wrong.

I did not /know/ the crate would blow up, also antony is the kind of character not to believe that. Hell it is labeled ABONDENED. The ID console, was because I wanted it. Also, I have access to those boards as C.E. AND as stated before, filled out the proper paperword TO have them. Also Antony is quite the paranoid man, the Replacement of windows with walls and the glass airlock with a solid one was because I had engineers walking by /staring/ into my office (tis an ongoing gag to those that know of antony's paranoia to bug the shit out of him about it so far.) I did not /delibratly/ blow up the crate. As per following me to the outpost. I have state it many times now /SECURITY/ was after me. It was to /buy time/. I was simply ROLEPLAYING the entire time as we are supposed to be doing on a HEAVY ROLEPLAY server. Characters have flaws dude they arnt perfect, NOBODY is perfect, antony's is paranoia, witch pretty much justifies all the modifications he made, as well as the shuttle console dismantling. He simply did not want to be followed and knew he /WAS/ being followed. So he did somthing about that.

You're missing the point; this is indicative of a trend with you and your characters. Let's review.

Your actions as a head of staff are "questionable" at best, and I've seen more than once when you shout out "anyone who knows how to use a gun, come to security" when you get whiffs of an antagonist aboard. Antony Bennit alone is a "paranoid" individual who apparently does enough drugs to grind up pets into food, keeps an ID modification console in his office "because he wants to," decides to blow up crates that Jaylor (that would be me) warned you not two seconds before you blew it up that - quote - "they explode when you shoot them," and then evades security because "oh my god they're following me, better make it worse by sabotaging equipment."

You never gave out so much as a hint of paranoia prior to all of this. Again, you hardly spoke a single line during this entire phase to begin with - "roleplay" is not doing what you want and justifying it later. I doubt someone so mentally disturbed would pass the most rudimentary of interviews for a management position.

As little consolation as it might be, I would like to admit I was was not in my right state of mindset to even begin posting in this thread. I admit I did wrong, and Apologize to those whom I have offended, especially you brage. I would sincerely like to ask that my white-list not be removed, I will instead be re-reading the basics and attempting to improve myself for a couple of days before I play /any/ of my head of staff characters again. I would like to ask, with Brage's blessing (since he made the complaint) That we put this behind us Whilst I try and improve myself.

~Sincerely

Direwolf20

You don't need to apologize to me or have any sort of blessings; the point of this forum is to help each other improve and understand that not everyone may see things the way you or I do. The staff isn't lax on their whitelist screening to be sure, and I trust that they'll do what they think best. However, in my opinion, genuine willingness to improve is huge and I'd personally never run out of second chances for such individuals.

I remember this. I was the AI for this round.

There's a few things not being said.

First, I had NO idea Bennit /wasn't/ antag (and I didn't know until now, I glitched out before end of round).

Second, what tipped me off to Bennit's suspiciousness is when he dragged Pun Pun to be made into meat. He then wandered around the station innocently for two minute before breaking into Head of Personnel office to kidnap Ian and turn THAT into meat. He was later caught by security - and proceeded to downright TAUNT the HoP about 'turning Ian into hamburgers' and 'how he was delicious' (despite the burgerification not happening). He was brigged for ten minutes for animal cruelty until a security agent (Emily was her name I'm tempted to say, maybe Emery) came in and freed him under the terms of 'not being a valid enough reason to brig him'. At that point I kept my eyes on him again - and it's at that point that he found the abandoned crate, and despite ALL of his engineering department and me telling him NOT to open the crate because it has a good chance to blow up, he still did - and of course survived because of the advanced hardsuit. That had the side effect of disabling my camera in the area.

He then proceeded to go to the engineering outpost (which I did not know because no camera), and from the reports undid the command board so that it couldn't be controlled from stationside. What people don't know is that he also went around and /individually disabled/ the lights (or it might have been my cameras - either way, he functionally and systematically blinded me of the outpost) throughout the whole engineering station - which means he was at least indirectly responsible for the venting because it meant no one could even GET to him without causing an outvent because I had no eyes (and such no power) and the shuttle was not accessible.

He was then arrested again by his own engineer (who was pretty much the only one available for it since IIRC security was also died down elsewhere because of actual antags), and brigged - and IIRC he did disconnect after being caught and neutralized.