Tainavaa's Diona Application

BYOND Key: Tainavaa

Character Names: Tina Kaekel, Anna Lee, John Eagleton, True Lemming synthetics, few others

How long have you been playing on Aurora:~10 months

Species you are applying to play: Diona

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I've been wanting to play a diona for some time but hadn't cared enough to get a whitelist to play one until recently. I've always been a fan of flora-based species in all sorts of games - and usually, they're my favorite. To me, the flora-like species are harbingers of wisdom and exemplary specimens of the age-old concept of balance in the universe. As flora, it just seems to me that they are accepting of all things coming be it life, death, or any sort of change; minimal or cataclysmic. I have it in my mind that they are -at their core - Buddha: The Species.

Also I want to get my diona whitelist in before the flood so I can say I did it before it was cool, like Jackboot.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Mechanically speaking, their need for light and their ability to thrive from radiation; which are integral to them healing apparently which I did not know but just makes them cooler. They're also not people at all but like two boops of floral organisms together, operating as one unit. And thankfully, the human psyche does not need to come into account because of what I described in the prior question of them just accepting of all that is and happens in the universe. They are just there; literal leaves in the figurative motherfucking wind. Zen.

read as: space hippies

Character Name: All Intertwine

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

I've said this before; I honestly do not care much for initial backstories for characters. I don't find them integral to playing or having a character. The backstories are generally compromised of canon experiences to my characters after conception. I also find that my characters flesh out a bit differently, so they're simply concepts. I'll provide what I can though.

All Intertwine is a diona entity that understands everything around it as all things material and psychic on any plane are extensions of one another. As each organism that operates with the other to make a functional diona entity, so each individual agent in the universe is an equivalence to make a functional system to sustain itself. Anything that happens good or bad, happens because we have willed it - as a singular unit - to happen as a necessary function in the universe's operation. If one dies, then it was necessary; if one dies and comes back to life, then it was necessary. That is not to say it is "fate" because it the universe is an everchanging entity and not bound by one course of action. As such: All Intertwine sees no good or evil, and makes no judgments on anyone or anything for any reason, ever. A passive passerby in events unfolding.

In addition to their belief, they refer to themselves as they see the rest of the universe; All Intertwine. They are extensions of everything and everyone, and everyone and everything is an extension of them. It's a reverence to the very existence of the universe, basically.

What do you like about this character?

Its view of everything, ever. It gives it a very druid/treant feel to it I think. And I like it.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Fine

Notes:

The name may or may not be a placeholder. I'm honestly trying to think of a not-pretentious 'identifier' for a dione, preferably not poetic either. If I fail to come up with a better name that still fits what is most prominent in its consciousness, then I'll stick with that name.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Wow way to hop on my bandwagon. Sure why not I'll make room for all the posers. I-It's not like I think you RP well and want you to have t-this whitelist, baka Tainavaa-kun!

Do we still play on 1+? Because I would love to 1+.

This is the most philosophical approach to roleplaying I've seen here since Igam Yute, and it comes off so... natural. Not forced. Not trying to be quasi-intellectual. So easy to fall in love with.

Please let this happen.