Hawk - Tajaran Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: Hawk_v3

Character Names: Mathus It'hurna, Aves Corvus, Kestrel, Kester Dreiburg, Weisen Seifa.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: On and off... Handful of months? Mostly off.

Species you are applying to play: Tajaran.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Snow leopard styled.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Honest answer? Humans are dull to me. Alien races are more interesting. Tajaran because that's what the muse for this character was.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Highly depends on *who* you observe playing them. Obvious features are the third-person references, the rolling of rs, and the non-verbal languages.

Character Name: Rensik Kadar

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Rensik Kadar was born on Ahdomai to two scouts in the military, his mother, Ayda Kadar and father, Aqil Kadar. When he was old enough, he went into the military himself for a MP role, wanting to protect people rather than deal with action outright. He was assigned on to guard high-level officials with his fellow officers, and when his tour of service was done, moved into the protection business in a private role. His favourite time from this was guarding a polite celebrity who'd give him small gifts, like a pen, or other such, for getting her out of troublesome situations with press or obsessive fans.

His least favourite private job was an excitable diplomat's son. Between the attempted advances on his person and subsequent firing due to false allegation of son of advances, he decided it was time to take a break from protecting specific people, and move to corporate security. The growing military situation on Ahdomai at this time also necessitated a need to move away instead of being pulled into possible active combat.

Having been accepted, and done his introductory year as a security cadet, Rensik is now ready to ship out for his first proper assignment.

What do you like about this character? I enjoy playing a more personable security type, so I'm hoping to end up with a character who people can talk to without worrying about being arrested on the spot for minor issues, especially if they're reporting something more important. As for that, well, I'll see how things unroll.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Generally pretty good. It slides downhill when I'm tired, or stressed.

Notes: Jamini would probably vouch for me, and I'm happy to be talked to.

Edited by Guest

Mmnh. I'm not usually on, due to depression and work tiring me out. Most of those characters you'd not see here anyway, as all of them except Corvus is non-human, and Corvus gets aggravating to play due to reasons. I've played more on other servers before this one existed.

Above fleshed out only thanks to Jamini roleplaying out an interview with actual questions.

Edited by Guest
and Corvus gets aggravating to play due to reasons.

One reason being that Corvus was his character on TG, the one he played when he built the original TG atmospherics (Which was later taken by Baystation, and was on ours up until I redid atmospherics from the ground up.)

Pretty much. Corvus has come to symbolise "Put in a lot of work to set things up how I like them, shuttle called just as I'm finishing." the character.

And yeah. I built the atmospherics that most people have seen and used on a lot of stations for a long time. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't meant to be. ... I enjoyed that. I was almost the original atmos player, of a technical sort. I certainly was mostly self-taught back on TG before I remodelled it. And then I trained a lot of people in it.