Reyjakai's IPC Whitelist Application

BYOND Key:Reyjakai

Character Names:Reyjakai Friedman, Sarah Milne, Katelynn Mcmullen, Alvar & Vebjorn Skoglund, Emery Priebe, and more recently Spike Edwards.

Species you are applying to play:IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yep, especially that pertaining to the newer stuff suggested by jackfractal.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:I've always liked IPCs. I had an idea about Katelynn Mcmullen when I started making her, that she would be some sort of synthetic/human hybrid, which she sort of is already. I've been looking for an easier way to do this ICly, but haven't found a way to do so until jackfractal did his IPC changes that essentially do everything I want done with this specific character. Additionally, I've had a few good ideas for IPCs that aren't your typical hardass security IPCs or quirky science IPCs (Not that I dislike those IPCs at all, quite the contrary). I feel that I could make a decent IPC that could create some fun situations, as well as the added benefit of having Katelynn ICly what she's meant to be.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:IPCs are similar to humans in function, but their reasoning and loyalty seem quite different. Most IPCs tend to be a lot more cold to the sympathies of others, and tend to think in the long term rather than the short term. Additionally, they seem to have no qualms about sacrificing their bodies in order to do something that could save the station, unlike what would be possible for humans. In short, they're colder, more ruthless, and more objective than humans, from what I have seen. Also, they're made of metal.

Character Name:Undecided.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphsThis IPC was created as a companion model IPC before being sold to NanoTrasen by her owner's wife after her husband's death. This would be an IPC that is still slaved and bound by laws to serve NanoTrasen. She was designed to have the look and feel of an IPC, not of a human, so her body is that of a normal IPC chassis. Before being sold, she not only was a companion to her master, but also served as his confidant. She learned many skills from him that were not part of her original programming and has becoming quite good at manipulating people to do things for her, for better or for worse. This side of her is normally hidden, as she was hired as a cheaper alternative to simple labor on board the station. With her background of communication, she can be quite skilled as either a counselor or a therapist.

((I still haven't figured out entirely what I want this character to be like, or what her complete backstory is, but I've been thinking it out for a bit. I'll have to flush out the details, hence why the background is so short))

What do you like about this character?I've been thinking about a specific kind of IPC that would differ from Kate, yet would still be fun to play and provide some very interesting RP situations. I feel that this character could accomplish that, being specifically designed as an IPC that has no feasible skills other than communications.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?Ideally it'd quite good now, and I work on improving it every day.

Notes:

I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of spike Edwards. The one time I've seen him was pretty badly laid out. That aside, I adore Katelyn. Given the IPC lore and mechanic changed introduced by JackFractal, and the way Katelyn is run right now, I support this application on that basis alone. I also know that you are good at what you do as a roleplayer. So yeah. I'd love to see this pass.

Yeahhh, I've only played Spike Edwards a few times and I'm still trying to figure out how to play the quirky Captain character without causing a huge security risk for the station, or causing a bunch of trouble for the other heads. I'll probably play him a bit more to see if I like the way he flows and/or can make him a better RP character.

Every body loves Reyjakai, including me. Granted I still think people who name characters after their username are a bit meh, but its really fun hopping into science with Katelynn, and its fun playing with Sarah and Emery to, not a lot of people can pull off making more than one department fun.