Player Complaint - Reyjakai - 7/6/2015

Guest 1138

BYOND Key: oneonethreeeight

Player Byond Key: Reyjakai

Staff involved: A request was ahelped to moderators to ask Reyjakai for their reasoning regarding an issue I'll detail shortly.

Reason for complaint: Metagaming, horrid conduct as a security officer, greentexting. After rushing into a room against two cultists armed with claymores versus their own baton (while the end product was fair, rushing into a room to get that greentext and neutralize the threat ENTIRELY only to make the round even more boring and boast in OOC of robustness, is a clear indicator that playing to win was the goal), proceeded to permanently brig uninvolved antagonists that had done nothing to suggest they were guilty of any criminal action. Afterward, proceeded to beat handcuffed and restrained prisoners in their cells because the prisoners were attempting to break out of their cuffs. When questioned, no amount of evidence was displayed or discussed regarding the decision to permanently brig minor offenders. Believed themselves ICly justified in abusing prisoners that were completely pacified in terms of a threat level. After code red was called off, the minor offenders were never released. No interesting roleplay was facilitated from their character at all, besides stun, cuff, >.h "Guys I got the cultists, do I get a medal", and then continuing on to beat other passive antagonists into submission in their cells rather than using their stun equipment on hand. Flashes, pepperspray, etc.

I'm only making this complaint because of, one, the moderation staff did not respond to my ahelp or give me any indication the issue was cleared up or dealt with (with IJ being an exception, but he could not take the case due to personal involvement), and two, the fact of the matter that Reyjakai has displayed horrid security play more than once, and I've never seen them attempt to interact with antagonists besides looking into a situation to look for an excuse to whip out their stun baton and rush into an area to defuse conflict in an extremely anticlimactic and unsatisfying manner.

I would like to have a reasonable answer from the offending party about this, because I do not think that they or the rest of the security staff were thinking about facilitating roleplay. I do not play here to win, I play here to have fun. Is it too much to ask from security officers to try and make the experience of antags fun, 'win' or 'lose'?

Approximate Date/Time: Approx 4:00AM-8:00AM EST. Round lasted 4 hours long.

Right I was the L/Trp in the round, I can confirm what 1138 said. He beat prisoners in the brig and also arrested people that had minor charges. Even after the situation was solved the prisoners that were perm'ed never got released I neither saw any RP from him with the prisoners except beating the shit out of them. Basically a metagaming shitcurity officer.

Alright, time to argue my case. I would like to see a full list of dialogue of the round, so that you can see that I did RP the situations out, even if you didn't see it. I'll start at the beginning of the round.

The round started off without much at all happening. I was just sitting on the cameras, looking around when I saw the RD, cadet, two dionaea engineers, the barman (I believe), and the roboticist all in the room watching the encounter. I mentioned that they were doing some "weird science shit" in misc research, and them proceeded to chat about how hot Varick was, etc. We kept a watch on the area because nothing else interesting was going on. I brought the detective over to get his take on it, and decided it was just some stupid science stuff, and they had the consent forms, so who cared? Anyway, Del Prado and I went over to watch the situation, and Del Prado ended up participating, becoming culted while I watched from the outside. I did /not/ metagame this, and instead saw him writing in pain as evidence of a sweet new ab workout that the RD was working on, which the rest of the security staff can attest to me saying. Everybody keeps doing what they do, and I go about my business after asking to join and getting rejected.

After that, nothing happened for a good hour, until we saw on the cameras that the Captain's office had been broken into, and their laser pistol was gone. This was right about the same time that the Captain, Elena, had joined the round. We were code green at this time, and the detective had been working off of swab data from one of the runes. We discovered that the rune had been made by the cadet, as it matched his DNA at this time, and I recommended to the Captain that we go into code blue, as her office had been broken into, the ID may have been compromised, and the detective went over to check fingerprints in the Cap's office. After it was code blue, the Captain told me to go with them to search people for the laser pistol. I brought it up that the person may have altered the permission on their ID with the Cap's spare, since that is possible and we hadn't been around to see if anybody had had enough time to tamper with anything. The Captain reported later that the encryption keys from their headset had been removed, so comms were likely breached. The Captain and I went off and started searching people (Since it was code blue) for anything suspicious while we were waiting for the detective's results to come in. This is when we met the barman.

I saw the barman, and noticed that his security level was a ?. We decided to search him, since it's code blue and random searches are allowed. As a note, we searched and released several other people throughout the round, all of which were released without incident. Why did the barman get cuffed, then? Because they ran after I tried to search them. Innocent people don't run. We chased him down, tased him in the back, and cuffed him. He was complaining about how it was useless, so we decided to get him on suspicious conduct and later, sparking a manhunt. After this happened, the Captain went off to do something else, and the cadet came around. I should mention now that earlier in the round, I went SSD for 30 seconds in the hallway, and woke up to the cadet trying to drag me down a maintenance hallway away from security. I woke up, pushed him off me and told him to not drag me through weird hallways. Anyway, that was before we arrested the barman, and gave me a bit of reason to distrust him.

So, with the cadet. I was talking with the detective about the fingerprints from the Cap's office, and I think (Not 100% sure) he was telling me how everything matched the cadet's prints. At this point, in full view of the Detective, the cadet cult stun cards me and drags me off through security, up to where there's a recruit rune and, without saying a single thing, tries to cult me. Of course I resist it, RP that he's just tried to forcibly enter my mind, screamed in pain, and yelled at the detective to take the bastard down. The detective had already pulled me out of the room, I gave him my stun baton, and he went in there and cuffed the cadet. We tossed him into a cell for assault and kidnapping. I should mention that the cadet was shit talking my character the entire round after this, and I ignored him for 99% of it, except where I beat him his cell, which I will explain later. Anyway, he's in a cell, we tell the Captain that we got the Cadet for kidnapping, and the Captain has me come with her into research. This is where she checks the RD's office, and I see the roboticist come out, who also has a ? in their security tag. I also remember that I had seem him with the cadet, as well as the barman. This is when my character puts two and two together, and I decide to search him on the spot. It's still code blue right now, so this is permitted. I tell him he's going to be searched, and guess what? He runs as well. Grabs his bag right back up and runs. Of course, we tase him and cuff him. Same punishment as the barman. This is where things get bad. As we're going to put him into a holding cell and search him, we find the same cult book that the cadet had, which we mostly ignored at the time. This is when the CMO screamed for help.

The Captain was in such a hurry to get to the CMO that they locked the cuffed roboticist in the locker before I had even had time to do anything, and told me to go with them. I complied, and we went over to the place where the CMO was. In there, the door was unwelded by the cyborg and the Captain tried to go in. She got cut up pretty bad by the two cultists, and they were trying to kill the Chemist as well in that room. After the Captain got messed up, I went in there and baton'd both of them, as they were just trying to get out. They had swords and armor, I wasn't about to try to negotiate with them after they'd almost killed the Captain. The Captain said they needed to get to medbay, and I ordered the cyborg to make sure she made it there safely. I had the detective cuff one cultist, and I cuffed the other. These two were Varick and Del Prado. My foot was broken in the fighting, and my character was limping the entire way in pain. This, you may imagine, can cause people to become pretty unreasonable. We ended up tossing them into permanent holding for murder and kidnapping. This is when the HoS showed up on station, as we were tossing them into the cells. Del Prado and Varick had been tossed into main containment, the timers were almost up on the other three inmates, and this is when I told the Captain that I had seem all five of them earlier in misc research together. This is when the decision to permabrig them all until we get to the Odin was made, as they were guilty by association, and this is why I punched the cadet twice in the face. He'd nearly gotten out of captivity earlier, was the one who had kidnapped me and tried to forcibly cult me without RP, and my character was having a pretty shit day. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I ended up punching him twice in the face and tossing him into perma with the rest of them.

This is when things get more hectic. After that happened, the subverted cyborg bolts open the lower prison door and the lower medbay door. Del Prado, Varick, and the cadet all book it. I can't follow them with my leg broken, so my character stands guard while we try to get an Engineer over to fix the doors in the prison. Now, these people were bitching IC about how they were innocent, shit talking security the entire time, which is fine if they're antags, sure. Hardly a matter. Of course my character is going to be pissy and not want to make small talk with the prisoners. I told them ICly that I didn't give a shit about their rights right now, and that they could complain about this in court once we're planet side. I told them numerous times and they were guilty by association, based on the circumstances. Being in league with someone who had murdered a head of staff, tried to kill the Captain, and tried to kill me are certainly dangerous enough to keep in holding until the round ends. A bit before the prisoners escaped is when the HoS joined the round, and I handed off my carbine to him. ERT had been called, then the prisoners escaped.

After that, we managed to get the doors secured to the brig (Which them failed later due to a power failure, letting the two remaining prisoners escape) and I went back to medbay for hyperzine, since no surgeons were around, and my character wasn't about to go under for surgery after what had happened to him this shift. Other crazy shit was happening in the medbay, but I eventually managed to get some hyperzine, but not before running into our old friend in medbay, the cadet. I chased him down and tased him, but not after getting shot by him with a syringe gun, and harm batoning him a few times for good measure. The Captain and HoS had issued an OK on lethal measures for the escaped prisoners if the situation merited it. Before I passed out, I managed to call for backup at medbay. ERT went in and cuffed him, while I passed out on the floor. I managed to get back up to check on the prisoners again, and then the power went out, and the other two escaped. I set everybody to arrest in the computers when the lights came back on, had enough hyperzine in me to move properly, and threw the cadet into the permanent holding cell. This is where he somehow managed to kill himself, or died due to neglect of my character, not sure which. The prisoner I beat is someone who had kidnapped me and tried to forcibly cult me during the round without RP, escaped from captivity, shot me with a syringe gun, and had never stopped throwing insults about how my character was a shitty officer. Of course my character didn't care what happened to him.

Also, as far as I am aware, the round ended in code red with the escape shuttle being called. I got the prisoner, who was deceased at this point, to the shuttle in cuffs. He wasn't cuffed in holding, but people kept going on about how I murdered him, etc.

So this, hopefully, is an explanation to my reasoning as to why I perma'd those people that round. It was a clusterfuck of a round to begin with, were were understaffed, and my character had been through a lot of tramatic shit.

Oh, and as for the ahelp, the admin asked me to explain, and I said that we tried to search them in code blue and they ran, so we cuffed them. That's when the stuff with the CMO happened, thus exacerbating the situation further. Anyway, this is what happened from my perspective. I am aware that the ERT had some interesting situations with Varick and Del Prado, but that level of freedom wasn't available to me when I saw them beating the chemist to death. Not much RP can be done there.

Right, as I said I didn't know what happened before the ERT arrived. After reading your story and reading the rounds logs I want to apologize for my previous statement and wish you a nice day. I hope you can understand that I only wrote my previous statement according to what I heard and saw ICly after the ERT arrived.

The round started off without much at all happening. I was just sitting on the cameras, looking around when I saw the RD, cadet, two dionaea engineers, the barman (I believe), and the roboticist all in the room watching the encounter. I mentioned that they were doing some "weird science shit" in misc research, and them proceeded to chat about how hot Varick was, etc. We kept a watch on the area because nothing else interesting was going on. I brought the detective over to get his take on it, and decided it was just some stupid science stuff, and they had the consent forms, so who cared? Anyway, Del Prado and I went over to watch the situation, and Del Prado ended up participating, becoming culted while I watched from the outside. I did /not/ metagame this, and instead saw him writing in pain as evidence of a sweet new ab workout that the RD was working on, which the rest of the security staff can attest to me saying. Everybody keeps doing what they do, and I go about my business after asking to join and getting rejected.

This wasn't the crux of the issue. Moving on.

After that, nothing happened for a good hour, until we saw on the cameras that the Captain's office had been broken into, and their laser pistol was gone. This was right about the same time that the Captain, Elena, had joined the round. We were code green at this time, and the detective had been working off of swab data from one of the runes. We discovered that the rune had been made by the cadet, as it matched his DNA at this time, and I recommended to the Captain that we go into code blue, as her office had been broken into, the ID may have been compromised, and the detective went over to check fingerprints in the Cap's office. After it was code blue, the Captain told me to go with them to search people for the laser pistol. I brought it up that the person may have altered the permission on their ID with the Cap's spare, since that is possible and we hadn't been around to see if anybody had had enough time to tamper with anything. The Captain reported later that the encryption keys from their headset had been removed, so comms were likely breached. The Captain and I went off and started searching people (Since it was code blue) for anything suspicious while we were waiting for the detective's results to come in. This is when we met the barman.

I've no idea who was at fault here. It's almost as if someone went and filched the spare ID and cryo'd with it.

I saw the barman, and noticed that his security level was a ?. We decided to search him, since it's code blue and random searches are allowed. As a note, we searched and released several other people throughout the round, all of which were released without incident. Why did the barman get cuffed, then? Because they ran after I tried to search them. Innocent people don't run. We chased him down, tased him in the back, and cuffed him. He was complaining about how it was useless, so we decided to get him on suspicious conduct and later, sparking a manhunt. After this happened, the Captain went off to do something else, and the cadet came around. I should mention now that earlier in the round, I went SSD for 30 seconds in the hallway, and woke up to the cadet trying to drag me down a maintenance hallway away from security. I woke up, pushed him off me and told him to not drag me through weird hallways. Anyway, that was before we arrested the barman, and gave me a bit of reason to distrust him.

Okay, this is absolutely terrible right here. Right, so the barman freaks out because of an ID inconsistency (likely because he didn't take off his ID and put it back on, the secHUD is buggy and everyone who plays security would probably know this), thinking you have something to charge him with. Rather than attempting to rationalize with him, you decide you draw tasers and chase after him, tasing him until he hits the ground rather than giving chase until he hits a dead end. You displayed clear intent to be given a reason to arrest them. Rather than charging them with resisting arrest (which was valid), the security team THEN decides to slap them with 'suspicious conduct' and 'sparking a manhunt' on the grounds of wanting to give them more time. They weren't even antagonists, they resisted wanting to be cult the entire time. This is bad. A security officer is meant to mitigate conflict as much as possible, not create it. What I would've done in this situation is chased the barman as far out as he was willing to run, repeating saying, 'stop.' I wouldn't have drawn my taser because that would've shown I wasn't willing to ask questions but more willing to shoot. I would've focused on creating trust between the officer and the offender, which would've consumed a little more time but would've had a more ideal end result. I can't say anything further on the cadet, I think they were new to cult and to the server.

So, with the cadet. I was talking with the detective about the fingerprints from the Cap's office, and I think (Not 100% sure) he was telling me how everything matched the cadet's prints. At this point, in full view of the Detective, the cadet cult stun cards me and drags me off through security, up to where there's a recruit rune and, without saying a single thing, tries to cult me. Of course I resist it, RP that he's just tried to forcibly enter my mind, screamed in pain, and yelled at the detective to take the bastard down. The detective had already pulled me out of the room, I gave him my stun baton, and he went in there and cuffed the cadet. We tossed him into a cell for assault and kidnapping. I should mention that the cadet was shit talking my character the entire round after this, and I ignored him for 99% of it, except where I beat him his cell, which I will explain later. Anyway, he's in a cell, we tell the Captain that we got the Cadet for kidnapping, and the Captain has me come with her into research. This is where she checks the RD's office, and I see the roboticist come out, who also has a ? in their security tag. I also remember that I had seem him with the cadet, as well as the barman. This is when my character puts two and two together, and I decide to search him on the spot. It's still code blue right now, so this is permitted. I tell him he's going to be searched, and guess what? He runs as well. Grabs his bag right back up and runs. Of course, we tase him and cuff him. Same punishment as the barman. This is where things get bad. As we're going to put him into a holding cell and search him, we find the same cult book that the cadet had, which we mostly ignored at the time. This is when the CMO screamed for help.

Like I said about the cadet, I don't know. I believe they deserved the permabrig, or at least a 40 minute sentence to think about their psychotic misadventures. Also, Sparking a Manhunt is the same charge as resisting arrest. It is ONE charge that has a minimum of 10 minutes and a maximum of 15. You cannot double dip with charges. Also, seriously? About the roboticist? That sounds like absolute awful treatment of someone who freaked out and didn't understand what was going on, antag or not.

The Captain was in such a hurry to get to the CMO that they locked the cuffed roboticist in the locker before I had even had time to do anything, and told me to go with them. I complied, and we went over to the place where the CMO was. In there, the door was unwelded by the cyborg and the Captain tried to go in. She got cut up pretty bad by the two cultists, and they were trying to kill the Chemist as well in that room. After the Captain got messed up, I went in there and baton'd both of them, as they were just trying to get out. They had swords and armor, I wasn't about to try to negotiate with them after they'd almost killed the Captain. The Captain said they needed to get to medbay, and I ordered the cyborg to make sure she made it there safely. I had the detective cuff one cultist, and I cuffed the other. These two were Varick and Del Prado. My foot was broken in the fighting, and my character was limping the entire way in pain. This, you may imagine, can cause people to become pretty unreasonable. We ended up tossing them into permanent holding for murder and kidnapping. This is when the HoS showed up on station, as we were tossing them into the cells. Del Prado and Varick had been tossed into main containment, the timers were almost up on the other three inmates, and this is when I told the Captain that I had seem all five of them earlier in misc research together. This is when the decision to permabrig them all until we get to the Odin was made, as they were guilty by association, and this is why I punched the cadet twice in the face. He'd nearly gotten out of captivity earlier, was the one who had kidnapped me and tried to forcibly cult me without RP, and my character was having a pretty shit day. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I ended up punching him twice in the face and tossing him into perma with the rest of them.

Okay, one thing that really pissed me off during this entire encounter was the door unwelding shenanigans. After forcibly welding the door shut, I noticed that it kept getting unwelded after the first time when the cyborg was ordered to leave with the captain who attempted to rush in and took a blade to the face, in which she had no reason to do so. You don't spam toss in flashbangs when we had two unaccounted for (by your count) hostages we were willing to kill to further our business. I was expecting security to fuck off at this point, but instead the detective repeatedly unwelded the airlock without welder protection. Jesse Armstrong, spider4062 or something. I'd like to bring them into this complaint, because this was utterly ridiculous. Rushing into an enclosed room when two cultists are heavily armed and armored with ridiculously massive swords is something a security officer should really consider for the sake of their own personal life as opposed to the lives of others. You can't ensure the security of the station when you're dead, and you're lucky I decided against drawing a blood boil rune as there were a ridiculous number of bystanders that would've cried gank if I had used it. And seriously? 'Well, we saw all five of these people in misc. research earlier doing science stuff, of which we have no information about to begin with much less any evidence, so let's stick 'em all in perma for association even though they had nothing to do with the homicides.' <-- This is utterly terrible.

This is when things get more hectic. After that happened, the subverted cyborg bolts open the lower prison door and the lower medbay door. Del Prado, Varick, and the cadet all book it. I can't follow them with my leg broken, so my character stands guard while we try to get an Engineer over to fix the doors in the prison. Now, these people were bitching IC about how they were innocent, shit talking security the entire time, which is fine if they're antags, sure. Hardly a matter. Of course my character is going to be pissy and not want to make small talk with the prisoners. I told them ICly that I didn't give a shit about their rights right now, and that they could complain about this in court once we're planet side. I told them numerous times and they were guilty by association, based on the circumstances. Being in league with someone who had murdered a head of staff, tried to kill the Captain, and tried to kill me are certainly dangerous enough to keep in holding until the round ends. A bit before the prisoners escaped is when the HoS joined the round, and I handed off my carbine to him. ERT had been called, then the prisoners escaped.

Okay, one thing I want to address as soon as the subverted cyborg released us. As soon as that happened, my headset chirped with, >Elena Raschnikova says, "Okay, I'm going to reset the borgs." Okay, what. Why? Why would a captain know anything about resetting laws for AIs? I'm calling in Bokaza for this as well, because this was absurd. Modification of station equipment should be reserved to personnel who understand the inner workings of synthetics as well as their lawsets. E.g., roboticists, research directors, the odd Chief Engineer, ERT... Rather than acknowledge that a character has weaknesses in terms of skills and knowledge in related fields and roleplay that accordingly, it looks as though the captain skipped over that instead.

After that, we managed to get the doors secured to the brig (Which them failed later due to a power failure, letting the two remaining prisoners escape) and I went back to medbay for hyperzine, since no surgeons were around, and my character wasn't about to go under for surgery after what had happened to him this shift. Other crazy shit was happening in the medbay, but I eventually managed to get some hyperzine, but not before running into our old friend in medbay, the cadet. I chased him down and tased him, but not after getting shot by him with a syringe gun, and harm batoning him a few times for good measure. The Captain and HoS had issued an OK on lethal measures for the escaped prisoners if the situation merited it. Before I passed out, I managed to call for backup at medbay. ERT went in and cuffed him, while I passed out on the floor. I managed to get back up to check on the prisoners again, and then the power went out, and the other two escaped. I set everybody to arrest in the computers when the lights came back on, had enough hyperzine in me to move properly, and threw the cadet into the permanent holding cell. This is where he somehow managed to kill himself, or died due to neglect of my character, not sure which. The prisoner I beat is someone who had kidnapped me and tried to forcibly cult me during the round without RP, escaped from captivity, shot me with a syringe gun, and had never stopped throwing insults about how my character was a shitty officer. Of course my character didn't care what happened to him.

Okay, so you literally demanded for hyperzine while sporting a broken leg. You are completely unfit for duty due to medical reasons, and you should be taking into account you can just as easily be dead. No, instead you outright demanded over common comms for hyperzine so you could move at a faster rate of speed while also ignoring pain RP and the fact you are injured. This is completely illogical, and I've no idea why a security officer would know about that chemical if they didn't have the skills for it. And what irritates me even more is that you let a prisoner die 'due to neglect of your character.' This is no longer IC excusable as you are deeply embedded in antugbiznizz. A duty officer cannot come aboard one round to fire your character because they broke regulations on prisoner treatment equivalent to violations of the Geneva convention. There is nothing ICly that can be done about the irresponsible decision-making that occurred. The vibe I got from Friedmann the entire round was a completely bloodthirsty security officer just waiting for a chance to laser someone to death. You were extremely aggressive and confrontational prior to the homicidal spree Del Prado and Talia engaged in, and that didn't change afterward. You literally threatened using lethals with your energy carbine on completely unarmed prisoners. Screw that, dude.

So this, hopefully, is an explanation to my reasoning as to why I perma'd those people that round. It was a clusterfuck of a round to begin with, were were understaffed, and my character had been through a lot of tramatic shit.

Yes, and this somehow excuses torture to counteract practitioners of blood magic.

I'm satisfied with some of these answers, but not all of them. What needs to be addressed and or curbed:

• Permabrigging minor offenders because 'they could be hostile cultists, but they didn't do anything hostile besides run.' The cadet is excluded from this.
  • Applying more charges than what was necessary to punish a suspect of a crime.
  • Tasing a runaway suspect without any indication or warning you're going to use force to stop them if they don't cut it out.
  • Shoving 'affiliates' into permanent holding without any solid proof they assisted in any homicides, in which they had no part in to begin with. This is also faulty judgment of the captain.
  • The detective repeatedly unwelding an airlock without welding protection. The captain running into a room with cultists that clearly have sords. big sords, o god. With an energy pistol. In CQC circumstances. The security team failing to recognize there were hostages in that room and that the room is not to be entered under penalty of their own death or the death of the hostage. The security team also failing to recognize that their batons are not the equivalent of big-ass swords, and that they should not abuse their stun batons in an effort to one-up any melee combatant, or rush in one-by-one to be shredded to pieces by cultists with big sords.
  • The captain having 'knowledge' of how to reset station synthetics.
  • A security officer demanding for hyperzine so they can move at a greater speed and ignore the fact they have a broken leg. Also, ignoring pain RP.
  • Allowing another prisoner to die via your neglect/beating or not watching them whilst they commit suicide, while screaming for hyperzine over common comms.

Alrighty, let's go down the list of complaints left until this is fully done.

Permabrigging minor offenders because 'they could be hostile cultists, but they didn't do anything hostile besides run.' The cadet is excluded from this.

- The main reason that this happened was because before their time was up, you guys went on your killing spree. They didn't do anything hostile except for running, true, but it was also code blue at the time and then it turned to code red. They would have been released after their time was up if the situation had not been so shitty. I was a heavily injured officer, the /only/ officer that could do anything, and it was me, injured, vs. 5 prisoners, three of which were known to have no qualms trying to kill me if given the chance. We had no medical staff that could perform surgery, and medical was more fucked at the time than security was. At this point, I have two options. Get painkillers and hyperzine and keep doing my job, or leave 5 prisoners wholly unguarded while the HoS and Captain run off and get killed or go SSD to try to get surgery. I actually /did/ try to go get surgery, but that was after the three dangerous guys got out and when I got shot by the cadet. Additionally, my character has a background in medicine, not a huge one, but he can do basic medicine, work some of the machines, and knows a bit about the chemicals available, even though he cannot synthesize any of them. He knows the names of them, sure, but just as easily could have called for "stims and painkillers". Unfortunately, the doctors that round didn't even know what those were, and it took me 20~ minutes to even get some hyperzine so I could function.

Applying more charges than what was necessary to punish a suspect of a crime.

- This didn't actually happen. I may have misspoken on this, but they weren't overcharged for their crimes, nor were their crimes doubled up, and the cadet's total sentence only ended up being ~30 minutes if I recall correctly. The other two were between 15-20.

Tasing a runaway suspect without any indication or warning you're going to use force to stop them if they don't cut it out.

- This is where I just have to completely disagree with you. It's code blue, and you are permitted to search people. I'm not going to chase somebody down who ran away, because innocent people don't run away. If you run from security, it's because you have something to hide.

Shoving 'affiliates' into permanent holding without any solid proof they assisted in any homicides, in which they had no part in to begin with. This is also faulty judgment of the captain.

- Again, I consider this to be more a fault of the lack of security personnel and my personal injury rather than anything else. I had no way to guarantee that they weren't associated, and I didn't know what they were going to do if I had released them. They both had run, indicating that they were somehow involved in all of this, and I wasn't about to let people go who very likely were involved. This was a decision that was made at the time. It was code red, I was the only working officer apart from the detective, and I was badly injured. I couldn't manage the three dangerous prisoners as well as trying to deal with the two who hadn't been shown to be dangerous yet. I feel it was the best decision to make at the time. From an IC perspective, it's code red, half of the head of staff were dead or useless, ERT hadn't shown up yet, and it would be infinitely easier to have a few people sit in a cell who were innocent for a few hours, rather than have guilty people roaming the station where you physically could not respond.

The detective repeatedly unwelding an airlock without welding protection.

- This is just stupid, that much I agree with you.

The captain running into a room with cultists that clearly have sords. big sords, o god. With an energy pistol. In CQC circumstances.

- Also really stupid. I was the only one there with a melee weapon, and I was the only one who could have been useful there, which I ended up being at the end of the altercation.

The security team failing to recognize there were hostages in that room and that the room is not to be entered under penalty of their own death or the death of the hostage.

- I did see that there were hostages in there, two to be specific. When I showed up, the chemist was /being murdered in front of me/, the CMO was very clearly already dead, and this caused me to toss in a flashbang, then go in with the baton. It's one of those things where it's my job to do it, I had to stop the chemist from dying, and there was no way around it. If you had said something prior to the incident, requested demands, etc, that would have gone very differently. I'm not about to risk the life of the chemist for nothing, but I sure as hell will charge in there if it looks like he's going to die without my help. That's what security do, for better or for worse.

The security team also failing to recognize that their batons are not the equivalent of big-ass swords, and that they should not abuse their stun batons in an effort to one-up any melee combatant, or rush in one-by-one to be shredded to pieces by cultists with big sords.

- This is a bit of a problem, as you're implying that if cultists have swords out, there are only two possible outcomes. The first one is to surrender, since clearly his stick is bigger than mine, and the second is to kill the cultists from a distance with rifles/laser weapons. I think dealing close quarters is better than both of those, which we clearly disagree on.

The captain having 'knowledge' of how to reset station synthetics.

- Not an issue for me, nor did I ever bring it up. I don't know the Captain's background, nor do I pretend to. I'm assuming the Captain would have the basic information of how the AI works, as well as what to do in a worse case scenario on the matter. Not 100% sure about this, and the admins can make a better decision on what the captain is required to know.

A security officer demanding for hyperzine so they can move at a greater speed and ignore the fact they have a broken leg. Also, ignoring pain RP.

Not ignoring pain RP, but clearly you've never heard of a thing called "adrenaline". It's a hell of a thing. My character would definitely have been under huge stress, and likely drugged up hard on it. After the situation was handled completely, however, he would have crashed hard. Which he did, on the shuttle after everything was dealt with. Understanding that you have two options, to be out of the fight where you are needed, or to injure yourself further, but not mortally, to defend the station, seems like the more reasonable thing to do. We may disagree on this as well, but treatment wasn't really an option with how fucked medbay was, and hyperzine seemed like the best option at the time. With that also in mind, defense of the station would have fallen back on me, not the dead HoS or the SSD Captain if the prisoners had been released. It would all fall on the person with the duty to protect the station, the lone security officer.

Allowing another prisoner to die via your neglect/beating or not watching them whilst they commit suicide, while screaming for hyperzine over common comms.

- Another issue that was out of my hands. I had secured the prisoner in the brig and didn't expect them to kill themselves. I doubt they succumbed to their wounds, and it was likely a suicide. I'd need to hear from this on the matter, though. Also, as for the hyperzine, I'd already had to deal with one useless chemist who made pills labeled "Hyperzine pill", that didn't have any hyperzine in them. I tried for a long while to actually get some. It's a chemical in the game that my character would know about, I don't see a problem shouting about it in code red while ERT is off doing whatever ERT does.

Alright. Most of those are fair, despite my not agreeing with a few of those points, most of those being reasonable anyway.

I'd still like the captain of this round and the detective to chip in about the points I made. I would prefer, as an end result, that people start thinking more when given a situation against antagonists rather than acting immediately on the dot. That leaves room for larger margins of error.

I think it was VikingPingvin, but don't quote me on that 100%.

I am almost a hundred percent sure i wasn't the one who handled this.

Also, according to logs, this was not ahelped. You guys only started to complain the round AFTER, when Doom pointed you to the forums.

I did ahelp this. Filter ahelps and Ctrl-F until you find OneOneThreeEight/(Talia Varick). I recall ahelping and requesting the reasoning as to why several prisoners were permabrigged.

Line 15822: [07:19:02]ADMIN: HELP: OneOneThreeEight/(Talia Varick): Hi, question, can one of you ask Reyjakai how he found out about the other cultists being cult? The other folks got permabrigged for the actions of me and Del Prado in which we murdered the CMO. It didn't make any sense as to why all of the cultists got booked for our shenanigans. I'd like this cleared up as I'm suspecting some sort of metagame went on. - heard by 2 non-AFK admins.

Ahelp was logged.

It does not appear there was a responce.

No admin handled the situation.

I'm going to jump in here and clarify some things - I was the Cadet in this game. It was my second or third game on the server, so I apologize if I strayed outside my lane at times.

Everything has been pretty much established at this point, my character participated in some medical tests, signed a waiver, got duped into joining the cult. The voices in his head told himto convert the crew, so he planned an ambush with a stun and convert rune, and waited until he found a target alone (he thought).

My character stunned the security officer Reyjakai, but just as he stunned him he realised the sec wasn't as alone as he thought, and he got jumped by the Det. He dragged the security officer to the convert rune, thinking if he could convert him the two could take down the detective together. It didn't work, and he got roughed up and brigged.

From there though, the security officer started yelling that "that's it, they're all going down" etc, and ordered everyone who had been in the medical tests to be arrested. Essentially branded them as guilty by association - I should note some of those people weren't cult, and weren't converted.

From there (from my point of view) it was a steady stream of everyone who had been remotely connected to my character including several innocents, being dragged into permanent holding. My brigging was justified of course, but the grounds for taking all the others into perma was real flimsy. To be honest it felt like that ruined the round, when everyone just got dragged in and permad with no RP behind it really.

After that, long story short, my charcter got re-captured after bumping into the same sec officer and getting tased at the same time that he popped the sec with a syringe of sleep toxin. He was taken down by the taser and cuffed. Again no issues. Unfortunately they then decided to beat my character almost to death - the sec officer, and I believe the detective did this. My character was left a bleeding mess on the floor of medical, until the captain ordered that he be given medical attention.

My character didn't get any medical attention, and after a long time I think got dragged bloody and dying into security. My character got flashed a couple more times for good measure by the Sec, and handcuffed again, then thrown in a cell. My character repeatedly said he was dying, and asked for help, and got ignored. The sec said at one point "you deserve to die" or something along those lines. My character was also starving, and despite asking for food, got nothing.

Essentially my character then died in perma holding. I didn't suicide, my character just got beaten and starved by security and left to die. My corpse was dragged into the shuttle, and that was it.

Again, I'm new here so I'm not going to point fingers. I'm happy to answer any questions.

If you did say that you were dying, the detective and I had blocked it out mentally by this point, after the numerous other bullshit things you had said. As for food, there was plenty of it in perma, and as for medbay, that department was a mess that round anyway. It was a bloody nightmare, so you likely died of internal bleeding/infection, not sure which. It was a brutal round, regardless.

As for the ahelp, I think Incognito mentioned that he was going to to take it, but he was personally involved so he didn't. No guarantees on that, though.

As for food, there was plenty of it in perma,

There was an empty box of hot pockets, and a vending machine I couldn't use because I was stripped of my PDA/ID. Nothing my character could eat.

The short of it is, all the injuries that my character sustained were while he was in handcuffs. Sec beat a prisoner to death in cuffs, which in my book is straight up brutality.

• 3 weeks later...

Reading over this topic, I felt like the rush could had been a little more well organized, but due to lack of security, I can see Reyjakai's point of operating on little to nothing. I understand the frustration of antags antagging, but I would had at least went after the loud ones.

It's seems unfortunate this happened. May next time be more coherent.