On the topic of SSL's and OOC antagonizing.

Jakers457

Guest Menown
(Also no matter how you spin the above incident, I'm pretty sure we can't make without the fact that somebody managed to slip a mention of dogfucking into their medical records, that it caused some kind of incident, and that OOC had a conversation about dogfucking after the fact.)[/size]

It was done in the psychological section of the medical notes. I had planned for it to be used in an attempt to shed some light into why so many humans appear to be attracted to members of the Tajara and Unathi species, but the first round I played her, no psychiatrist was staffed, so I couldn't do it, not to mention a full-blown riot was called over the whole thing due to people putting death threats over the radio to my character.

The character did not stutter. She did not act shy. She didn't even care that her private medical records were released to the crew. A majority of what was said in the post was a lie, and little more than somebody trying to smear our name again. What else is new?

EDIT: I'll point out there was no actual mentioned of 'dogfucking' in the notes. It was kept professional, and of course people took things too far because lel drama.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Menown
Doomberg and I just attempted to yell reasonably at each other over Skype. I am looking forward to an official announcement about our new, fetish-friendly-as-long-as-they-don't-break-rules stance.

If you're curious, I was spoken to and warned by admins during the riot. They told me no such thing would be put in records, even psychological records (despite the it not breaking rules) so no, we're not 'fetish-friendly' as people like to call it.

Even then, I haven't played the character. Mostly because I decided the possibility for RP was lost once a riot occurred. Even then, it did spice up the Extended round quite a bit. I heard that the people who even released it, enjoyed the round due to the RP it provided. So, I'd say that it happening was a good thing.

Honestly, I think people need to learn to accept criticism better. Is criticism sometimes unwanted? Yeah, sometimes. Does that mean it's bad? Haha no not even close. I think there's a fine line between being a dick and offering valid criticism in a harsh way, and the post that got deleted didn't cross that line. This is a high roleplaying server, isn't it? People offering criticism are trying to help you get better.

also has anyone even defined what a suicidal space lesbian is yet

I did in my informative, yet sadly deleted, post.

Save all your posts from now on ;)

I won't put in my 2 cents on all this because everyone will hit me with the "things have changed since you were around" but I thoroughly enjoyed and mostly agreed with what you had to say

In my WTF is going on thread, which I started because I am socially oblivious.

Also, SSLs are "Suicidal Space Lesbians", a stereotype of a kind of female Medbay/Science character who usually ends up turning into a jailhouse lesbian due to their (male) player's own sexual preferences, creating ridiculously exaggerated IC drama, and dating other characters of their kind. I'll leave up to you to judge whether these characters are a reality on Aurora or not - I wouldn't really know.

So, those doctors/nurses who you see on the shuttle or in Escape sitting next to each other, whispering madly and occasionally giggling.

Doom. It REALLY feels like you misunderstand on purpose to be all heroic and protect your favourite people. But you just end up antagonising others through this attitude. U mad cos I insulted ur frends? Well stand back, you've just insulted mine.

Do you really think of Enkas so poorly that you would actually think that he's attempting constructive criticism in his post just now (I assume you don't, but if you do, ignore this post by all means). Pro tip: he's not. He's frustrated that OTHER criticisms in the past have been dismissed. He's not even naming names with these half baked insults. But it seems not even expressing any sort of negative emotion is allowed on forums anymore.

Again, it's not my fault the targets of the criticism are huge pussies. You 'will not allow anyone to be publicly shamed out of' brainless, reputation-damaging (that of your precious server), fetish-driven roleplay? Then get used to disgusted, excluded newcomers and veterans alike.

Oh.

You know, for a moment there, that deleted post had some points I can agree with.

But, uh. Now you're just being irrational. But it's amusing, at any rate, to watch both sides of this 'conflict' fling shit at each other and expecting things to change in some way.

Good luck with that.

Honestly, I think people need to learn to accept criticism better. Is criticism sometimes unwanted? Yeah, sometimes. Does that mean it's bad? Haha no not even close. I think there's a fine line between being a dick and offering valid criticism in a harsh way, and the post that got deleted didn't cross that line. This is a high roleplaying server, isn't it? People offering criticism are trying to help you get better.

It pretty much explains itself mate, Lesbian Nurses, who giggle and shit cause drama, and kill themselves after rejection. angstiest thing ever.