Staff Complaint - Tenenza

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Staff BYOND Key: Tenenza, since he was the one to speak to me regarding the situation.

Reason for complaint:

So, nuke round, 23 of september. So, I was playing an ipc roboticist, Zairjah, then people yell for help at cargo and since I am near I make my way to it. And there, I find Echo, played by NebulaFlare, struggling against a shovel-wielding nuclear operative. So, Zairjah break inside the cargo office, and meanwhile the nuclear operative is buckled at a rollerbed by Echo and pushed into the door, and the emergency shutters closed on him due to the fire alarm. Then, the new cop justs stands there, punching Zairjah and trying to get a carbine and shield, that just falls from his hands, due to code.

An image to illustrate his situation; http://i.imgur.com/0Y3yJJJ.jpg

So, since only the mob sprites shows above the shutters, he was unable to click on the roller bed and free himself, using that way, but, anyone could just alt plus click the title in question and just free himself. He was not stunned, neither cuffed, he was able to punch someone and even pick up items from his bag. He was just not aware how a certain mechanic of this game works. Then, he claimed over looc that he was bugged and probably ahelped.

Then, I open the firelock and free him from the bed, so we could just cable cuff the horrifying shovel-wielding terrorist. He runs into the mining bay and Zairjah after him, then we have probably the most exciting scene of all round;

This afternoon, at the mining dock arena, we have a clash of robustness titans! At this side, ladies and gentlemen of all Tau-Ceti;

Urist MacNewcop! Hailing from some criminal neighboord at biesel, with weight and height unknow, using the shovel as his weapon of choice (while the mining pickaxe is far more robust) and wearing a gorlex marauder hardsuit!

And at the other side;

Zairjah! Hailling from the Hephaestus Robotics Division, with 170 centimeters of height and 253. Lb of pure steel covered in a sick Amaranth paint job, using the upgraded wielding tool as its weapon of choice (the favorite tool, and weapon, of the most robust engineers and roboticist of all tau-ceti!) and wearing the roboticist jumpsuit and a labcoat!

Zairjah charge at the nuclear operative, with its welding tool set aflame and then…!

I was winded by an admin, probably Tenenza, since they bwoinked myself to ask about the bed, which is clearly not a bug, and even because of that, a player got an unfair warning regarding it.

Then, while I was winded and talking to Tenenza, the new cop just proced to smack zairjah’s head with the shovel. Yes, the antag was not winded and he just proceeded to keep the fight, then, Zairjah was saved by a late security officer that batoned and cuffed the shovel menace.

Then, I returned to robotics and use the analyser on my character to find out, that the antag was able to inflict 40 points of brute.

Time for math (bear with me, I am a student of law, not physics)

The shovel has a force of: 8 points.

The IPC race has a brute reduction of half, so each strike would deal around 4 of damage. Therefore, the nuke op was able to bash Zairjah’s head around ten or more times, since melee weapons can miss too. So, all of the strikes happened while my character was winded due to an admin speaking to me. I was also unable to count the strikes since Zairjah got knocked unconsciously after the first one.

So, I would like to point that Tenenza made probably a hasty judgment, or even at worst; arbitrary. Since, he interrupted a valid and well escalated conflict to paralyse and question a player, while the other had free reign to just keep the robusting alive. So, I just believe that Tenenza would make a better choice if he wait until the IC situation was over and then questioned us.

But, besides the bad choice of acting and timing, is the fact that he gave a warning to the other person involved on the situation, which I have become aware far later on the round, which did not abuse a bug or anything else. So, if someone hides a bear trap under the sprite of bag, would it be a bug abusing too? since, that is what happened to the nuke op. He just had to alt click the title and the bed, nothing else. It was not a bug and I am sure that Nebula was not intending to do so, that is what happens with things on the floor when an emergency shutters closes.

At all, I just wish this situation to be cleared and ask for Tenenza to explain why he was so hasty at his judgement and made such arbitrary decisions, for example; just widding one side and stopping a valid ic conflict. And of course, if possible, the removal of such unfair warning.

Evidence/logs/etc: I didn't save anything from that round.

Additional remarks:

Sorry for any grammatical errors, English is not my native language.

Then, while I was winded and talking to Tenenza, the new cop just proced to smack zairjah’s head with the shovel. Yes, the antag was not winded and he just proceeded to keep the fight, then, Zairjah was saved by a late security officer that batoned and cuffed the shovel menace.

I haven't looked too far into that rounds log, but I did do a search for your characters name and your ckey. You were never winded, the op you were fighting was attacking you on disarm until you fell over, then switched to harm intent for 12 hit's with the shovel and three hit's with a pickaxe.

Only one person was winded that round and they logged immediately.

I haven't looked too far into that rounds log, but I did do a search for your characters name and your ckey. You were never winded, the op you were fighting was attacking you on disarm until you fell over, then switched to harm intent for 12 hit's with the shovel and three hit's with a pickaxe.

Only one person was winded that round and they logged immediately.

Well, then I am wrong, but I don't really remember being knocked down by him, due to the lack of attack messages before being talked by Tenenza, but if you did look into the matter, I believe I am trully mistake and the only issue here is the warning due to the emergency shutters.

Edited by Guest

I was present as a witness. Alberyk, I'm thinking you mistook Echo for disarming Zairjah, as somehow while still buckled the fight was going on. Echo being the life-preserving nursing intern she is, would have attempted to get in between the fight as much as possible, and keep both sides from attacking each other.

I was present as a witness. Alberyk, I'm thinking you mistook Echo for disarming Zairjah, as somehow while still buckled the fight was going on. Echo being the life-preserving nursing intern she is, would have attempted to get in between the fight as much as possible, and keep both sides from attacking each other.

I am aware of so, but, the nuke op also punched Zairjah while at the bed, and tried to pull his carbine and shield, but since he was buckled the items just dropped on the ground. He was not stunned and that was neither a bug, it is just the fact that emergency shutters sprites will be upon items and etc. So, you can just alt click the title to unbluck, there was no bug.

But, about being winded, I am think I am wrong on this matter, just the timing that Tenenza messaged me, which was just after being knocked, and the lack of messages when my character fell on the ground made me think of so.

I was the officer involved at the scene. (Brayden Striker)

I received calls over radio for Security to help in Cargo, I ran over as soon as I could and found the NukeOp on a stretcher in the door, Echo standing nearby, and Zairjah. standing nearby as well.

I asked what happened, they explained the Operative came and attacked everyone, and they got him trapped in the airlock. As I went to the airlock, I opened the airlock and dragged the rollerbed because I was going to cuff him on that and take him to medical to get treated. In my screen, the Op was still buckled into the bed and attacking others. I struggled to get my baton out and the Operative and Zairjah ran into the mining gear room and the airlock closed before I could run inside. I heard the struggle, and told the AI to open up, who then said "Wait" before I said "Now AI" and then the door was opened. Inside, the Op was beating Zairjah, whom was down on the ground, with a shovel. I stun batoned him and his tirade was over.

Yes, Doom. Thank you Scopes for the information, I am truly mistaken about being winded then, and I am sorry about the accusations on the matter. I believe it is fine to close and achieve this one, as doom said that would be a bit redundant to keep this open. Also, I believe I found out why I thought I was winded, because when the ipc is asleep the screen dont have the blackout effect, so you could just keep seeing what was going on around, not only the small area around the character.