Ordessa's Skrell Application

BYOND Key:Ordessa

Character Names: Charles Von Hidenburg, Enrique McDonohugh, AI's such as I.O.N, QUARK and Fish

Species you are applying to play:Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):Pale Red

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I want to play as Skrell because I feel they are such an underrepresented species on Aurora. The anti theistic views and their extreme logical tendencies could create some interesting RP situations for other players (think convincing a Skrell of that something is logical in order to get it (potentially asexual pronouns) to do something. I also find it fun to play as something different, and would like a reason to RP with extreme logical tendencies. (the reason I play Borg's and AI a lot)

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Soft foods, slightly stunted conversation skills, lacking words, nonessential ones mostly, like this sentence. Require a specific hard-suit helmet from EVA storage, just generally don't wear headgear if it isn't essential

Character Name:Arkhaes Va

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born into a councilors family on Jargon IV Arkhaes was raised to have a deep understanding of the politics of the galaxy. His father wished for him to one day take over his position of councilor to a country of Jargon IV. He studied basic scientific knowledge as all Skrell do, then moved to political education. He disliked this path, as his logical mind viewed politics as an inferior pursuit compared to scientific matters.

Tiring of this education, the Skrell eventually shifted to a medical profession, being fascinated by biology. After training for some time, he moved to dionea biology and eventually over one century became an expert in their psychology and conscience. Not satisfied with this knowledge, he wishes to expand to humans, and after training under a human surgeon operating a clinic in a station orbiting Proxima Centauri looks to further this knowledge by immersing himself in a mostly human work environment, so he may gather information for his research into human physiology and psychology.

What do you like about this character?

I like his dedication to his profession, and his endless pursuit of knowledge.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?8/10

I have been informed that I was misled about the mandatory three-day waiting period on species whitelist apps. :roll:

The reason why I hadn't posted on your app yet was because it looked good, but I wanted to encourage other people to leave feedback before making a final decision. As you seem fairly new here (either that or we just never ran into each other in-game), I can't really demand of you to present me with feedback as it might be a little harder to acquire. :(

I am still going to leave this thread open until Wednesday, to give people a fair chance to speak (positively, or negatively). If you don't destroy the station (without due cause) by that time, we should be good. :D

Thanks for the reply! I wouldn't say I'm that new, I've been here for 2-3 months. However I don't have time to play a lot of the time, and when I do, I just select a random name and job and get stuck in quickly. Apart from Charles, this will be my first proper character with a backstory and skillset. I don't mind waiting though, so in the meantime, I'll be revising Mordin Solus lines. :lol: