Ejunderesc0re

Basic Information

Byond Account: Ejundersc0re, Definitely Not Ejundersc0re

Character Name(s): For the sake of everyone, I’ll only put characters I have played recently. Leah Conally, Emily Stevens, Frigid Sting

AI Name(s): HELIX, SUNFIRE, ALBIREO

Preferred means of contact: Steam, Skype, SMS

Timezone: Western United States (GMT-7 I believe)

When are you on Aurora?: Generally late at night my time, as I have school during the day, then leave for work and get back around 11pm or later.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Over two years now? I can’t remember when I first joined, but I remember I was instantly hooked for a long time.

How long have you played on Aurora: Almost a year now.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I can efficiently fill pretty much every job on station, except for RnD, which I’m still bad at. I like Atmospherics.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: I was a developer on another server, does that count? I didn’t actually moderate unless there were no other admins (I would just kick people by voiding their ckeys).

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Not from a SS13 server, but I used to be a little shit in garrysmod when I was younger.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I enjoy roleplay, and am a science fiction addict. I found SS13 a long time ago, and really enjoyed the complexity, as well as the unique situations the game provides. I have very fond memories from when I first began playing.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I originally joined because a close friend recommended it. Up until this point (and hopefully into the future), I’ve really enjoyed the staff and community as a whole.

What do moderators do?: Moderators provide a service to their community. They are intended to assist in keeping OOC (and in some cases, IC) behavior from making the game an unhappy place for players.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: A lot of stress... Jokes aside, a moderator for Aurora is truly no easy task. The sheer number of players means that personalities will clash and tempers will rise. That being said, a moderator's duty is to keep the server environment from straying too far into a negative direction. I look forward to nuke rounds. :D

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to give back to Aurora. I really enjoy the community, and the many personalities it brings. I also spend a lot of time as an observer while I do outside work, and feel like I could contribute better during this time.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I have a strong work ethic and I aim to be professional and objective when moderating. Though it's impossible to be perfectly objective as I am driven by emotion like any perfectly normal human worm baby, I try my best and always take a moment to recognize differing points of view. Additionally, it is difficult to antagonize or insult me and that can be a godsend when dealing with aggressive people.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I’m a difficult person to insult (I often insult myself, because I enjoy self-deprecating humor). When I'm stressed, I work through what needs to be done then take a break. I'm still human though, and do get upset sometimes. If I were to get upset or too involved with some sort of administration task, I would likely pass it to someone more qualified/more objective and clear-headed.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I’m not an English major, sorry for my writing skills and length of answers. If you have any questions, I'm happy to reply. I also want to be clear that due to my work and school schedule, I will likely be on mostly during dead hours, or at least late at night.

• 1 month later...