Skrell Whitelist App- Seven Ghost

Guest Seven Ghost

BYOND Key:

Character Names: Lucy Sparks, Suzy Starwell, Sigma Six, Vana Zeta-Eight

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Pushing on five months now?

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes, I like it better than the Baystation 12 "emotionless" version

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Skrell are interesting to me physically, aesthetically and mentally. I like amphibious beings, I like the culture, I like their mental differences and I like their biology. I think skrell are under represented on the ship and want to bring more representation.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Skrell are completely different biology and mentally. They need to stay moist at all times, can barely eat meat and can't drink alcohol. Their physical sexual characteristics are mostly just functionary and gender doesn't effect their interactions much. They experience emotions differently, not quite the same ones for the same reasons as humans, and they have a few emotions that don't translate to human beings.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? I think they're under represented, interesting, and provide an interesting outside view of humanity. I'm not much a tajaran or unathi player, although I like them. IPC are interesting but being synthetic comes with a lot of baggage. I'm more interested in taking the squishy skrell on for my style.

Character Name: Ulaj Goulug

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Ulaj Gulug was birthed in a medical spawning station in deep space, a place used solely for artificial reproduction where skrell go to contribute genetic material when their spawning time comes up upon them. Ulaj grew in artificial environment for most of their childhood, floating tanks of biotic goo, under the treatment of nanomachine laden gel and given extensive medical and scientific training for preparation in a career for working with other species. It wasn't til she was a young teenager that she had groundfall on an unathi swamp world, granted as part of her education in the culture of her own people.

While wandering the swamps with her guide she came upon a culture of Dienabi worshippers. She was fascinated by integrationist mindset of the religion, as well as the exotic, gestalt biology of the Diona. Their mindset reminded her much of her training in xenopsychiatry and biology. She decided to stay with the Diona for much of her young adult life and learn their ways and that of their skrell followers. After a decade she returned to her birthing station and was hired on to work with Nanotrasen, as she hoped it would be the best way to use her skills and come into contact with other races.

What do you like about this character? I like that she tries to understand other alien races and though trained from birth to do so, is frustrated by her lack of ability to do so completely. I like how she idolizes the diona, models her own lifestyle after their biology. I like that she views humans as the strange ones but does her best to assimilate into their culture.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I'm not bad, but I could be better. I'm learning to use the emotes more often and more creatively, but I'm pretty impressed and learning from others who do so pretty well.

Notes: squishy