LordQuailius's Tajara Application

BYOND Key:LordQuailius

Character Names:Mae-Tarri Querra-Tup, Iyuro Uvo'dar, Reznak Careeseus, Dante Wulfe, Milo Skirzet, Kujuli Na'Katosi, S.O.A.P.; any others I've played, I've played only a couple of times or so long ago that nobody would remember them.

Species you are applying to play:Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Darkish Blue Grey ((Zhan-Khazan))

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes!

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wanted to play a hard-working, aged character that has a strong tendency to follow orders from superiors, and to fight to protect his fellow crew members(or those he holds dear to his heart) in case of emergency. Not to mention, I love the image of an old, battle-worn Tajara with a thick mane and lightly graying hair, though still has a strong, muscled body; and that acts kind, gentle, and loving to others. Kind of like your friendly neighborhood elder. Also, his typical work position as a shaft miner would work really well with Adhomai's lore. Plus I've always wanted to play a Tajara.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:Plenty of things, really. For starters, their history is riddled with nobility oppression and a sense of revolution (like a planet-scale version of France). Their speech is also quite different, as they roll their r's and refer to themselves in the third sense. There are also plenty of different colored races that each have a sort of role in their history (moreso than humanity). Their sleep cycles are even different, working for long periods of time with long breaks with rest and naps dotted in between. Their bodies are used to nigh permafrost temperatures, even down to preferring very warm or hot meals.

Character Name: Zaqir Nekra'Khan

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Zaqir was born on Adhomai, into a low-income working class family with 3 older siblings and a younger sister. His father taught him the details of the mining trade, from the classic mining pick to advanced, newly developed machinery like mining drills. Zaqir learned quickly, especially for a Tajara his age at the time. His mother, unable to afford to send him to school, taught him the basics from the alphabet all the way up to properly speaking Siik'maas, Siik'tajr, and Delvahhi.

Zaqir grew up to be a rather mischievous young adult. He got heavily involved with alcohol, parties, and over-all minor criminal endeavors. Despite this, he was still, for rather cheap pay, employed by Nanotrasen at one of the larger mines on Adhomai. From here, he learned how to speak Basic and operate more advanced mining tools such as drills and mining mechsuits. However, one day, due to his mischievous nature involving a large set of explosives in order to clear a large portion of rock, Zaqir accidentally got multiple workers killed, and nearly himself. After several months of medical leave and a look over by Nanotrasen officials, Zaqir nearly lost his job, but was given a second chance (He was one of the lowest paid workers on the force). When he returned to his work at the mines, the other workers loathed him and his presence, actively insulting him or even attacking him physically. This, combined with the immense guilt of having blood on his paws, shifted Zaqir from a party-loving prankster to a silent, passive introvert that kept to himself.

Zaqir stayed loyal to Nanotrasen over the years, working as a miner even as his dark blue-grey fur started speckling with white from age. Recently, however, Zaqir has been transferred to work on the NSS Aurora as a shaft miner to assist with gathering research material.

What do you like about this character? I'm awful at writing backstory, but I think I did pretty damn well with this one. (Took me way too long though)

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Pretty good, I think.

Notes: I've had trouble with coloring races before, but since there's literally an RGB scale on the wiki I shouldn't cuck that up too badly.

I have played with a few of your characters. From what I can remember, most of those occurrences have been fine. Like Sierra, I am also liking your backstory, it wasn't bland and was actually interesting and made me want to learn more about the character. I think you are a good roleplayer and will do a fine job playing as a Tajara. +1 from me.