Give Detectives/Investigators a Belt

Fox009

So, this is something that has been a problem for aspiring Detectives on almost all servers. Detectives just never have access to a belt and then getting a belt is seen as a bad thing because it's taking one away from a potential security officer. I believe that we could solve this issue via a number of cunning solutions.

Why do Detectives need belts?

Detectives have a LOT of gear which takes up quite a bit of space in their backpack or sachel. Yes, you can carry most of it in your backpack and, yes, they can carry around a briefcase or crime scene kit but you'll probably leave that behind somewhere. Quite frankly, it's a "quality of life" issue that just doesn't need to be a problem to begin with.

How do we solve this?

There are a number of excellent and easy to implement solutions just waiting for implementation!

1) We can place a belt in each of the Detective closets.

This is achieved either by mapping or coding. You can just literally place one belt object on top of the closets and presto! Or you can add one line of code to the detective closet code file adding a belt that way. Simple!

2) We can have excess belts stored in a locker that are accessible. Detectives (and officers who have lost their belts) can acquire them from there.

Either solution is relatively easy and shouldn't require much code or work to implement.

So please, lets give our Detectives belts and make it slightly easier on them so they don't immediately go SSD sitting in a chair smoking their cigarettes.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I remember suggesting this awhile ago and some people were bizarrely hostile to it. I always have to ask for a security belt; getting all of the essentials without one ends up with every single slot of mine filled. The belt makes things extremely easier. Not letting a detective have a belt is really poopoo and makes it difficult to play the job effectively.

Guest Complete Garbage

This is a good idea. Perhaps even have a special detective belt that will hold normal sec stuff as well as some forensics gear/tape recorder/camera/whatever.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
This is a good idea. Perhaps even have a special detective belt that will hold normal sec stuff as well as some forensics gear/tape recorder/camera/whatever.

This would be cool but a regular security belt by itself is a boon without having it need to be a detective-flair one. Having them included in the office should, after some trouble where hard-ass wardens or HoS go "PUT THAT BACK OR GET BRIGGED FUCKING DETECTIVE SCUM" (this happens) that no one bats an eye. I use it to hold the zippo, cuffs, flash, police tape, an extra clip of ammo, and a flashlight, which imo are all things the detective should carry at all times. But it's hard when you also need to carry the recorder, camera, a folder, evidence bags, and a pack of cigarettes.

This would be cool but a regular security belt by itself is a boon without having it need to be a detective-flair one. Having them included in the office should, after some trouble where hard-ass wardens or HoS go "PUT THAT BACK OR GET BRIGGED FUCKING DETECTIVE SCUM" (this happens) that no one bats an eye. I use it to hold the zippo, cuffs, flash, police tape, an extra clip of ammo, and a flashlight, which imo are all things the detective should carry at all times. But it's hard when you also need to carry the recorder, camera, a folder, evidence bags, and a pack of cigarettes.

It'd be easiest to just plop in the security belt and then let security understand it's ok. Quite frankly, it SHOULD be ok now for a Detective to have a security belt as there is nothing that says they cannot have one; it's just like an Assistant having a toolbelt really. Quite frankly, people need to just loosen up on the issue.

And if you want a specially sprited Detective belt, that should be easy to do, I'll volunteer.