Service Channel

Guest Menown

Guest Menown

Why not just give every civilian staff the service headset? They all fall under the same department, so it kind of makes sense.

Civilians that make no sense having it: Miners, Assistants/Visitors (Latter isn't even a department member, they're just a plain civilian), LIKELY Cargo Techs and MAYBE Janitors if we're going by a strict sense of what "Service" encompasses, which I would imagine is the general "Food and Drink" type of thing.

Guest Menown

As it is, gardeners, janitors, chef, and bartender all have access to the civilian channel, which is separate from the supply channel.

It would be kinda nice to have the quartermaster in the service channel as well, it seems like. I agree that assistants, miners, and cargo techs, as well as the chaplain and librarian, don't need access to the service channel. There's just no point, since assistants, chaplains, and librarians don't provide a specific service by default and the others work as the supply crew. I always thought the service channel was mostly for the bar/kitchen to call for the janitor or supplies from botany, anyway.