Game mode upgrades

Witt

<t>Do we need to update the voting system?</t>  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the past month or so, I have noticed that certain game modes hae been winning votes without a majority. the main issue is that certain people vote in arge groups for the same one mode continuously, and even though they aren't a majority, they win because at 30% of the playeerbase, they are the most to one single game mode.

I.E. if we had 5 players and two vote cult, 1 votes secret, one votes meteor and one votes extended, Cult wins in our system. but that isn't a majority win. a majority of the players wanted not cult, and more than likely, one or two of them will now not join the round because they hate cult.

What I prupose is that we reset the Vote to be either extended or secret. we also should take extended out of secret rotation and make certain all other game modes are rotatable in secret.

I would prefer if the system were based on percentile chances. Sure, 7 people could vote extended and 3 other people could vote nuke. There's a 30% chance that nuke could get rolled, though.

Basically, we allow RNJesus to rule the universe.

I would prefer if the system were based on percentile chances. Sure, 7 people could vote extended and 3 other people could vote nuke. There's a 30% chance that nuke could get rolled, though.

I think this really makes the problem worse. Now it'll always be possible some round almost nobody wants will get played. One chucklefuck votes for ninja, now suddenly we have a broken mode that nobody likes in based on random chance.

Hell there's times when Nuke gets a majority and can't start because a lot of people don't want nuke so nobody readies up.

I don't think there's really a good way to improve the voting system, as it is now. You can't please everyone, but this is the best way to handle it for now.

The only way I'd really change it, is not make it a coinflip if the vote's a tie. Do a revote, or something.

I think this really makes the problem worse. Now it'll always be possible some round almost nobody wants will get played. One chucklefuck votes for ninja, now suddenly we have a broken mode that nobody likes in based on random chance.

Hell there's times when Nuke gets a majority and can't start because a lot of people don't want nuke so nobody readies up.

I don't think there's really a good way to improve the voting system, as it is now. You can't please everyone, but this is the best way to handle it for now.

The only way I'd really change it, is not make it a coinflip if the vote's a tie. Do a revote, or something.

The system will function like this. There'll be a majority vote and a minority/tied vote.

only the two/three (if its close) contesting game modes will get chosen.

So if the two tied minority modes add up to more than the majority mode, it'll RNG between the three? That seems a bit more reasonable I guess but I think it's still fixing something that's not really broken. Either way you get a lot of unhappy people.

In an ideal world we could do something like have a vote, then the two options that get the most votes get put up to a second vote but that's probably too time consuming

So if the two tied minority modes add up to more than the majority mode, it'll RNG between the three? That seems a bit more reasonable I guess but I think it's still fixing something that's not really broken. Either way you get a lot of unhappy people.

In an ideal world we could do something like have a vote, then the two options that get the most votes get put up to a second vote but that's probably too time consuming

That just means that voting takes two minutes instead of one. It would reduce strategic voting (voting with feels, as some others have put it), which was the point of muting OOC during votes.

Simply have an initial vote, then a vote between the top three choices. It's simple enough, and might be simple to code.