Letz Shake's Tajaran Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: Letz Shake

Character Names: Crystal Brookes, Chef (And various other names) Vortivask, Nehma Ga'dan, Stephanos Remes, D.I.G.S.U.P. (Mining Borg).

How long have you been playing on Aurora:I'm not sure exactly how long. I feel like it's been about half a year

Species you are applying to play: Tajaran

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Diona exempt): Kochiba RGB 107, 68, 35 - (Hereditary from his Mother)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes. Both the Ahdomai, and Tajara pages as well as the bay pages even though those don't necessarily apply.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I have always liked the Tajaran. I played a Tajaran character extensively on Alium Deathtrap (Mishaal Ga'dan, adopted father to Nehma Ga'dan) and when Jackboot proposed expanding the family of Houssam, I was inspired to make a new fleshed out Tajaran character of my own, who could be different than my other characters.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Tajaran are not dissimilar to some ethnicities and nationalities within real life humanity but in the world of Aurora, humanity is different. The background of oppression for humans is mostly gone, regardless of race. However the sting of the boot in their race's collective back is still very fresh for most Tajaran and changes a lot about them, whether it's visible on the surface, or not.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? The planetary turmoil and fluid political environment provides a lot of chance for exciting roleplay in response to changing situations. While space is a rather sterile, safe place, for humanity, for Tajaran there's still a lot of room for organic growth.

Character Name: Nazih Jawdat

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Nazih grew up at an age where he was both able to see the advantages of the 'civilized' human-run space in the cities , and the horrors and famines of post-revolution in the outskirts of Ahdomai. Nazih, unlike his older brother Houssam, was not old enough to truly know his parents. All he has to remember them by is vague, cloudy memories. To him, Fayis, his uncle, was his 'father' in many ways. Even as the old man has grown feeble and maybe even unstable from PTSD, to the point that he is incapable of caring for himself, Nazih treats him with the utmost respect.

As the second oldest brother of the Jawdat family, Nazih respects his older brother and his leadership, though they often clash in their leadership styles. Houssam is more careful, Nazih, though an intellectual peer to his brother, can be brash and somewhat reckless, though not dangerously so. It is clear that there is some envy from Nazih, who aspires to sit in the proverbial throne of their newly born organization. Despite those feelings, he would never take direct action to usurp Houssam. They are family and he is still loyal to the family first.

Nazih aspires to become a doctor, finding the profession admirable, both for the ability to give life, and an overall fascination with the vital processes that make up every living thing. Seeing all the angles has always been important to him, so seeing all the angles that make a living creature move and act as they do is a natural fascination. Because of this aspiration, he began working for Nanotrasen in various civilian capacities, most often as a miner, which he hates, and a cargo technician. With his brother's financial assistance, and more importantly, Houssam's assistance navigating the red tape of Nanotrasen's aspiring doctor training programs, he was able to secure a working internship as a pharmaceutical technician while he attends medical school. With his acceptance into this program, Nazih was transferred to employment aboard NSS Aurora.

A bit longer than called for, I know, but there was a lot to cover.

What do you like about this character? He's quite different than my other characters who are generally 'good' and 'nice'. While he's not evil, he is much more self serving than my others. I also like the dynamic family ties, and conflicting loyalties he feels.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I feel I've improved since I started playing on Aurora. I'm overcoming my previous weaknesses of seeing antag rounds as something to 'win'. I've been roleplaying a long time, so my weakness was not so much my roleplay, but thinking of SS13 moreso as a roleplay than a game. So I don't know what numerical value I could give my RPing skill but I think I'm a fairly solid roleplayer, and try to put myself as solidly into the mindset of my character as I can.

Notes: I do have a bit of experience playing a Tajaran (a true one, not just Nehma who has some Taj tendencies) on Alium, though the lore's quite a bit different here and now, I'm excited to adapt to it at last, though I resisted before.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

+1 he's a great roleplayer and his characters are always enjoyable to see. I think he'd be a great addition to the Tajaran race, especially as a Jawdat. :twisted: