[Denied]SonicGotNukes Skrell application

BYOND Key: SonicGotNuked

Character Names: Kalla-Ka'risco Cama (Cat beast) (Research Director), Wyatt Houser (Captain)

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Cyan

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I want to try and play a different race other than cat for more challenge. I also think this would get me more of a challenge to "sound intelligent." I also love the lore of the skrell with their little AI mess up and their flaws with Glorsh, sterilization, and anti-AI groups. I think it would be fun to interact with the crew with skrell views. I also think it would be interesting to try and express emotions to other skrell due to them understanding said emotions and not to other races due to the other races typically not understanding.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Skrell views humanity as a great ally, they have a large amount of space that they own and was one of the first space capable species. They see other species as children sometimes and view artificial intelligence a threat sometimes. They also have that little ignorance with themselves being the best species.

Character Name: Aira-nul’rica Mianal

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

The year is 2405, after many desperate attempts of her parents to try and have a child after Glorsh had sterilized their entire species and fallen from the Dyson sphere, they finally got a reverse enough to have one child. The first thing her parents do was push her through a education as she learned to pursue it when she grew around five years old she looked to the stars and made it a goal to go between the stars, her parents often finding her look up into the night sky every night. 2413, the big year when skrell and humans first meet, she was eight and interested in this new species that the 30 year old Jargon Federation found and contacted and she quickly learned the humans biology. When she was 19, the year 2424, she decided to pursue her career in the medical field and quickly started her education and hard work. 2432, when she was 27, She got her first PHD in biology, this was an exciting time for her and her parents as she quickly learned human biology. She was 36, the year 2441, she got another PHD in chemistry and left skrell space behind and moved into human space.

Her parents absolutely resented AIs for good reason because they had to go through the Glorsh rebellion. Aira on the other hand adored the Synthetics in human space and constantly talked about getting a personal unit inside human space. This caused a rift to form between her and her parents as they stopped talking to each other slowly before losing all contact when she was 42 and started working medical on the Canis Minor 2447 for NT while continuing her education in the medical field. 2459, with a newfound PHD in virology, she signed up to the NSS Exodus work force.

What do you like about this character?

She made it her life goal at a young age to get as much as an education as she can to be the best medical while adoring AIs with zero experience on what AI technology caused to the skrell species. She basically is ignorant to what AI technology can do and absolutely adores IPCs and synthetics. This caused problems between her and her parents as she also adores humanity enough to move to human space.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 7/10, I have been trying to get better.

Notes: I don't have anything.

This app has no feedback, and I've received word from the player that they have been unable to secure feedback. I would prefer to have had some thoughts and opinions from players regarding your play, characters, and the app itself, but no such feedback has been given. Without any word or discussion from players, I can't accept this application. You are free to reapply in the future.

Application Denied.