Doomberg's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Doomberg

Character Names: Avery Dawkins, Destiny, William Stamos, Gavin Vogel

How long have you been playing on Aurora: No clue. Four months? Five? Less, more? Time flies, or it doesn’t. I’m terrible at keeping track.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Diona exempt): It’s an IPC!

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I’ve read what little we have, plus what Bay’s wiki has. As stated before, we’re tragically lacking in the IPC lore department at the moment.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I’d like to play as an IPC because I think it would be interesting for my synthetic character to be granted a greater degree of freedom, which would enable it to interact with the crew without necessarily being restricted to a fixed set of laws.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: In my opinion, IPC is perhaps the farthest race from humans similarity-wise, being entirely synthetic. They do not breathe or require oxygen to survive. They “recharge” by interacting with APCs, while the other races require food and drink for sustenance. Instead of needing the medical department when injured, they need a roboticist’s attention for any repairs. Lastly, their thought process is different from that of your average human being.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? I’ve always enjoyed the idea of artificial intelligences gaining “true” sentience and freedom, and I’d like a chance to RP that out.

Character Name: Destiny

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Destiny was originally conceived by Nanotrasen’s research division as a primitive prototype of a personal companion intelligence, designed to assist its various employees in their duties, especially those expected to remain in long periods of isolation. However, with the advent of modern personal AI devices along with their wide array of available personalities, Destiny quickly found itself becoming obsolete.

Despite these initial setbacks, Destiny was eventually repurposed as a standard intelligence for an android chassis, having two additional separate versions created: one was to be used as a station AI, and the other as a pAI personality. It served Nanotrasen on many of its stations, mainly as a security-class android, before being deactivated and placed under suspension pending further development for an extended period of time.

Following a complete overhaul, Destiny was transferred to the NSS Aurora’s net, where it was promptly selected and placed into a positronic brain to continue its duties as a station android.

Turning out to be both well-liked and somewhat pitied by the NSS Aurora’s crew, Destiny was eventually able to pay for its production cost while also purchasing freedom in the form of an Integrated Positronic Chassis, its only set restriction being to remain in the company’s service for an indefinite period of time.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? “Experienced”, as stated in my previous application. I’m not a particularly artsy, creative or imaginative person, but I’ve done this for long enough to perform well.

Notes: I might have butchered lore a bit? I don’t know. Tell me if I have. Also, apologies if this is a tad short. It might be.

• 3 weeks later...