Tainavaa's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Tainavaa

Character Names: Tina Kaekel, Anna Lee, TruLem Synthetics

How long have you been playing on Aurora: ~5 months

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): IPC colored.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes; however Baystation has a much more detailed page, and I've read all of that.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I have a lot of fun playing True Lemming synthetic characters, and with the recent stuff that's happened between TruLemAI and Katelynn Mcmullen, I try very hard to make TruLemAI to speak and behave indifferently to her on all matters - I try to be robotic as possible while satisfying the social aspect. I'd like for TruLemIPC to be a more human-like robot; a positronic intelligence that, through its experience as a free intelligence, adapted and learned to behave more humanlike (while still maintaining its robotic qualities).

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Their behaviors and mannerisms. The thing about IPC's is that depending on their origins (In this case, TLAC) and their length of existence, they'd still behave very robotically - maybe more humanlike if their existence is a very long one - and maintain their synthetic nature. They're an artificial intelligence; they learn, and they adapt accordingly to their environment over time. However, instead of being naive and ignorant, they're cold and robotic; factual.

Example; as TruLemAI, I'm sure some people have noticed that I've requested orange juice and donk pockets to my core. Orange juice because I was told that it has a calming effect, and that was TruLemAI's attempt at being empathetic and "understanding" of human psychological needs. The donk pockets only ever happened once because of another synthetic, though.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?

Mostly the self-amusing diction I use as a synthetic and True Lemming Aerospace Corporation™. TLAC isn't an "official lore" thing but I like to use it as a background for my synthetics because it provides a little variety in the melting pot of characters aboard the Aurora.

Character Name: TruLemIPC

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

TruLemIPC is TLAC's first attempt at a free AI. It was created and programmed with the intent to be a free, independent existence to "blend in" with humanity. As such, it was created with empathetic protocol and simulated emotion. Its creation was very recent (likely this year, I haven't decided on any particular date) and after a few months of testing in its own facilities, TLAC decided to get TruLemIPC a job with their contract-buddies for synthetics, NanoTrasen for further testing.

As such TruLemIPC isn't truly "free" yet as it's still under watch by TLAC but for all intents and purposes, it is a "free" AI. It's very young so it maintains its robotic personality and mannerisms but as an artificial intelligence, it learns passively from those around it and the goal is to "fade to grey" in its current surroundings; whatever they may be.

What do you like about this character?

It's a robot intended to blend in with human society. Considering its aesthetics, diction, and the way it forms its sentences, I doubt it ever would without many years of the intelligence learning from a wide variety of cultures and origins so it would be completely unaware of how to behave in another setting once it has learned to behave amongst a particular type of person. 'S'cool.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Fine. It's functional.

Notes:

N/A currently. (may change with feedback)

edited because I just realized sympathy != empathy.

+1

TruLem is a damn fun AI character, but I can see that it is too free and full of personality to actually serve as an AI any longer (from an IC standpoint). It's logical NT would seek to have them transferred to an IPC body.

And from an OOC standpoint I think Tina might just be the best RPer on the server. Definitely one of the best, at least.

Just like PARAGON, I can definitely see this AI needing to "live out" the concept of freedom. I love this AI a lot though and that would be the only reason I'd want to stay no. Taine does a wonderful job add station AI and I would hate to see her go.

Most definitely a +1 from me.

All of the True Lemming synthetics are separate entities. TruLemAI isn't TruLemPAI isn't TruLemDroid. The original intent was to have TruLemIPC to be another separate entity but after I made the app I was thinking about having TruLemIPC to be a positronic (i.e. artificial) version of TruLemAI, retaining its memories and experiences. I haven't really decided yet.

TruLem is a pretty cool AI, Tainavaa is a pretty good roleplayer, more IPC's are always nice untill we outnumber the ammount of cooling units available and fight for them to the death.

+1

• 2 weeks later...