Character Setup Suggestions

MrGabol100

This is our current Menu UI and Loadout:

1lWH0SF.png

This the current Baystation's Menu UI and Loadout.

lwBtIDJ.png

It would be a really good improvement if we could move from the archaic Bay12 white and wonky "link" like lowercase lettering UI.

The loadout system itself could also use the addition of the multiple custom loadout slots and the increase of the number of points to expend, it isn't as if we had anything actually utilitarian like communicators, computers or tablets on the custom loadout, even if so, there would be no harm in increasing the number of points, it's mostly fashion related items with some webbings thrown in.

It would also be lovely to see the not so new hairstyles from baystation, which are already standard to most SS13 servers yet Aurora seems to dismiss.

I'm talking about all of these:

q7hp9Jv.png

5clW43I.png

rxIKj79.png

And all of these facial hair styles:

VpjhdrX.png

They are all avaiable from baystation, and are really quite common place everywhere else. It would be very nice to see Aurora update these things.

On a sidenote, not to make a whole suggestion just for this, it would be a quality of life improvement to be able to use the Page Up and Page Down keys to be able to move through Z-Levels as a ghost, or to be able to peek up a Z-level in game.

Edited by Guest

The loadout system itself could also use the addition of the multiple custom loadout slots and the increase of the number of points to extend

hnrg. I'm dying at the SQL lifting required here.

Me dev too thanks.

Can't we just port these things from baystation rather easily?

Me dev too thanks.

If you're a dev then you can do it yourself :P

And not directly, because our save system deviates from it. + we use MySQL for storing the data, not savefiles. Which makes things a little more complicated. I may look into this next cycle, but I don't plan on adding it before Nümap releases as the save system is already too buggy for my liking.

Me dev too thanks.

If you're a dev then you can do it yourself :P

And not directly, because our save system deviates from it. + we use MySQL for storing the data, not savefiles. Which makes things a little more complicated. I may look into this next cycle, but I don't plan on adding it before Nümap releases as the save system is already too buggy for my liking.

Well, it is just an improvement to save time if you were to have different loadouts, but it is not completely essential, what would be rather more lovely would be to update the UI and the list of hairstyles.

• Gem locked this topic