Cult damage and infections

Baka

That would most likely encourage sacrifice-only learning, which may or may not be a good thing. I enjoy sacrificing people to learn words because it's a HUGE risk and you feel a rush of adrenaline knowing you can get caught at any fucking moment but as a medical cultist, it's hard enough to study words during an active round. As CMO or as an MD, you're often called for. That would only slow the round down more, I believe.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
No. Cult doesn't need to be more difficult.

Pretty much this.

Cultists have barely anything truely fighting against them, mechanics wise. Once you gank the priest, you're set.

I'd be all for this, because it would make cultists more careful.

No. Cult doesn't need to be more difficult.

Pretty much this.

Cultists have barely anything truely fighting against them, mechanics wise. Once you gank the priest, you're set.

I'd be all for this, because it would make cultists more careful.

There could be better ways to make Cult harder, and this one just seems un-fun, since it doesn't really add anything, just take stuffs away in an awkward fashion. Plus, non-functioning runes don't have a glowing sprite. Functioning ones do (Most of the time. Either my eyesight is just bad, or it sometimes doesn't). But, yes, if you want to Nerf cult, there could be cooler ways to do it. Like, I dunno, (over)using Runes could cause hallucinations. Actually, that could be cool. And I think the code could work for it too. Hmm...Now, that gives me even more ideas...

... (over)using Runes could cause hallucinations...

As a cultist, this is something I would advocate. I'm usually against hallucinations because they're just generally annoying. Maybe that's because I mainly see them from changelings that think it's fun to just cause mass hallucinations in random people. Might be fun to have a "I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME" kind of thing going on.

... (over)using Runes could cause hallucinations...

As a cultist, this is something I would advocate. I'm usually against hallucinations because they're just generally annoying. Maybe that's because I mainly see them from changelings that think it's fun to just cause mass hallucinations in random people. Might be fun to have a "I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME" kind of thing going on.

I honestly don't feel there's an actual need for change with cult. It's a good game mode, there's several ways you can deceive people into joining the cult. And it's fun. Like, really fun to lie to people. And really fun to be part of this close-knit family that just wants to spill BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

Without the pointless murderboning, of course, but murderboning happens with every antag round.

Eh. Cult is too good, if they have time. Eventually it becomes gank fest.

Actually, I should clarify that whenever I think of cult, I think of a group of cultists with TK swarming me and an officer as HOS and using TK to murder us with books. That was fucking retarded.

In actual rounds, I don't think cultists get that much going for them as antags. Making it harder would probably only serve to make the mode less common. After all, its a mode where if one of the first three goes SSD, you've lost the ability to convert people. which is a problem.

Assuming the code was ported over from Bay, you should be able to resist conversions (At the cost of high burn damage). The Cult's other pseudo-balancing factor is that Security tends to get on them like a hound at the first sign of anything bad (Meaning that they need to get numbers quickly or quietly to go anywhere, similar to Rev, though I'm not really a fan of this it's going to happen regardless).

They also notably get destroyed by Ranged Weapons unless they're smart enough to (ab)use blood boil runes.

Honestly, them having to go to Medbay every ten minutes because of strange infections is just going to make things even more of a bitch for them. If the brute triggers without the toxin-damage RNG of infections, sure, why not. As long as it's not something incredibly fucking stupid like 20-30 Brute.