Abdulaziz Khajafa's custom items

Luke27262

BYOND Key: Luke27262

Character name: Abdulaziz Khajafa

Item name: Throbe, Keffiyeh, Quran (arabic version)

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

He works as the Imam, acting in an religious capacity for the crew. He would bring it along to serve it's purpose so to speak as an Imam

Item function(s): Cultural/Religious purposes. There is basically no male Islamic clothing, but yet there's an Hijab for Muslim women and a Turban for Sikh.

Item description: http://www.mediafire.com/view/37by15tpd1i3j39/aliensvspredator%283%29.dmi

Item appearance:

The throbe is an white buttonup slip on, the keffiyeh is like an scarf that is worn on the head with a black band on it to keep it on the head. It comes in multiple colours but I chose the Palestinian colour.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

This will indicate that I'm an Muslim when acting in Chaplain duties and possibly serve other people's clothing needs if it was public released. It will also bring in religious roleplay and faith-based action.

Additional comments:

I hope you grant my request, because as of now. It's only limited to females (and even they don't have proper dresses or clothes that would comply with Islamic rulings.) and Sikhs. Please fix this.

As a guy who has one Muslim Arabic character that I play frequently, I find this very appealing and do-able. People on the server always complain about the lack of diversity of religions and human races and so on, this would at least open a new possibility of RP and add to the depth of the characters (Abdulaziz's) story. and I'll be sure to interact with him next time I'm on shift.

As a guy who has one Muslim Arabic character that I play frequently, I find this very appealing and do-able. People on the server always complain about the lack of diversity of religions and human races and so on, this would at least open a new possibility of RP and add to the depth of the characters (Abdulaziz's) story. and I'll be sure to interact with him next time I'm on shift.

If the staff support this, I'd possibly move onto doing more versions of the Throbe and make it reflect different cultures (Moroccan, Somalian, Arabian, Indonesian) along with Islamic headwear (Kufi, Keffiyeh, an more accurate Turban that is sometimes worn by Pakistanis, Fez)

I'd also look into designing Islamic women's clothing and the Burkini (the Islamic bikini.) and possibly Niqab or Burqa.

• 3 weeks later...