Kylie Young

Sage Scott

Kara Lewis

Kirk Smith

Andrew Karakos

Amelia Huey

Kiara Jewell

Species you are applying to play: Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Silver (RGB 192, 192, 192)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: This race has always intrigued me, compared to the Unathi or Skrell, I've always found the Tajara to much more interesting.

Their lore is riddled with conflict and struggle. For instance, they’ve had two major revolutions in the past forty years. (canonical wise) It seems like it could be fun to play them, and I want a change of things considering I’m only able to play humans.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

A Tajaran has much better vision in the dark than a human, they scratch rather than punch, they are unable wear traditional gloves due to their claws.

The Tajara overheat easily so they tend to avoid biosuits and hazmat suits unless it is absolutely necessary. When they speak they roll their R’s and usually speak in third person, “She is very happy to meet him.” or “She grrreets”

Character Name: Ash'vna M'wari

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

((Slightly longer than two paragraphs))

Ash'vna, was born in a town not far from Daros nearly eleven years after the first revolution, she was born into a poor family that supported the PRA. Her mother was a stay at home caretaker, she ensured that Ash'vna got the best education that she could offer. Ash’vna was a very spunky child. She loved to play in the snow with her father. Her father worked on artillery placements in the previous revolution, she loved it when he taught her about the artillery placements and how they worked, explaining and demonstrating the use of and importance of the large weapons in the first revolution. Ash’vna and her father had a very close bond, they were each other's best friends as well as family.They were always there for eachother, he taught her how to hunt, build fires, fire a gun, even create small weapons.

When the second revolution erupted, she was about nine years old, her fathers unit was called upon yet again into this new found conflict, he was to be sent into active service three weeks after being called upon. About two weeks later, her whole family had sat down at their last meal together, enjoying each others company one last time. Ash’vna didn’t understand why her mother was so worried, and she certainly didn’t understand this new side of her father, she had never seen him scared, to her he was one of the bravest and smartest people she knew. So it was strange to see that he was fearful, but of course she didn’t say anything. A few days after her father left, she was moved out of the town with her mother, moving to a smaller village farther from the frontlines of this newly founded revolution. Her father wrote back to her every two days out of the week. For about three months, though the letters eventually stopped coming. This worried Ash’nva, she knew that her father was in a dangerous situation but didn’t understand the extent of it. Only two weeks after the letters stopped coming her mother came home in tears, explaining that her father and his Artillery placement had been attacked and overrun by rebels, which in turn lead to his death. At first, Ash’vna didn’t understand what was really going on, she knew her mother was sad and that her dad was gone but she would still feel that her father was going to return one day. It took a month before she abandoned this belief, falling into a grave depression. She no longer took interest in anything to do with weapons, she’d rarely go out into the snow and play. She wanted nothing to do with the war, she ignored all news and didn’t care who won. She just wanted her father back. Her mother had to work harder to provide for Ash’vna, meaning she was gone a lot more than usual, leaving her alone in their home for several hours at a time, sometimes even days, though Ash’vna didn’t understand this, she didn’t understand that her mother had to work harder, she was still so young. She became angry and rebllious, her rebellious tendencies usually lead to fights between her and her mother, this lasted up until she was fifteen when she finally began to cope with the loss of her father, though it would still haunt her and hurt her deeply, she wasn’t nearly as angry as before, she began to help her mother more, and all in all take care of herself to give her mother a break. She made friends with the other adolescents and young adults in her area, despite the revolution making it harder on everyone economically and socially, though it was nearing to an end.

When she was seventeen she came across a NanoTrasen representative, the representative spoke with her for a little while and explained their mining and logging operations on Adhomai, Ash'vna would be intrigued by this and offered to help them, though she wasn't very strong she was fast and intelligent and the representative noticed this during their short interaction. In her first few days of working at the sites she would hurt her right hand, crushing it under a rather large tree. The representative running the operation at the site decided to cover the medical costs.

After a few hours aboard the medical cruiser the represenative convinced her to sign a contract as a Nanotrasen security cadet, she signed with the hopes that she could provide a better life for her mother as repayment, she signed thinking she could surprise her mother but little did she know, she wouldn’t see her for the next few years. Being unable to see her mother upset her as well and presented her with many, many challenges during her training. But eventually, she had completed her Academy training before two weeks before she turned nineteen, and a week before her official arrival on the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character?

I like that she's selfless. She took up a contract that she barely knew anything about because she thought it would help repay her mother for all of the hard work she had to do in order to raise her, I find Ash’vna to be some sort of representation of myself, she puts others before herself, and tries to find ways to help people no matter what. I’m sure (if this is accepted) when I play her I’ll develop some more positive feelings towards her.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? If I'm being honest, a 4 - 6, but I'd like to think a 7 - 8

Notes:

This is my first alien white-list so like, any comments are greatly appreciated.

I've finally dropped in to give my response. I'm kind of disappointed that you wrote this large and emotionally charged story with a strong character design with a clearly defined personality and a good understanding of lore, and no one came in to talk about it. So don't take it as disappointment at you, this application is GREAT. My only nitpick is that the PRA was a volunteer army during the interwar period and leading up to 2457 when the draft was implemented. But I think it's easy to fix the story without much intrusive change, we can change from him being drafted to him being a reservist that was called up. Something along those lines. I really don't have much feedback to offer other than that, once that's addressed I'd be happy to give you a whitelist.

I've finally dropped in to give my response. I'm kind of disappointed that you wrote this large and emotionally charged story with a strong character design with a clearly defined personality and a good understanding of lore, and no one came in to talk about it. So don't take it as disappointment at you, this application is GREAT. My only nitpick is that the PRA was a volunteer army during the interwar period and leading up to 2457 when the draft was implemented. But I think it's easy to fix the story without much intrusive change, we can change from him being drafted to him being a reservist that was called up. Something along those lines. I really don't have much feedback to offer other than that, once that's addressed I'd be happy to give you a whitelist.

Ah, thank you!! I'll get to changing that up.