[Accepted] Drakogova's IPC application

(apologys for grammer errors, english isnt my primary language)

BYOND Key: QueenOfYugoslavia

Character Names: Dragovoa Bosnik

Species you are applying to play: IPC (Shell, Industrial, Frame)

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I wish to play this role as I see the lore behind IPC's; especially on this server. I have played human on here and have played IPC on other servers and find it interesting. I however have become board with just playing a human and wish to expand into another character and seeing as IPC is the only other real race that interests me, I wish to play as this race. The thing I most like about the IPC is that how versitile and configurable they are, with multiple personalities and different ways of playing them it truly makes it fascinating race to play

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Roleplaying as a non human is interesting and fun as well, we are humans. It is something we are used to. How we move, how we feel and how we sense things around us; and at times it becomes boring and feeling like im playing a version of myself instead of a well written out and thought out fantasy character in a space exploration universe. IPC's are a new way to play as well, they arent human. IPC's move in a way thats humans dont, feel in different ways then humans do and generally interact with other characters in fashions that would be different from a human character. IPC's can adapt, to anything about them, language, style of dressing and way of living; there culture knows no bounds and they decide there own fate

Character Name: M.A.G.G.I.L.I.N.E

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Maggilline was first bought by Zeng-Hu Pharmaceutical's as a IPC to assist in the transfering of lifeforms between stations in cryostasis; though this did not last quite long; as new models were shipped off and around; she was soon sold off into a bulk buy into a IPC Market on the pirate controlled system of Reede. While here; she was given minuscule tasks, such as cooking and cleaning and the such; simple tasks for for a machine such as her; however she aspired to do much more then be a over exaggerated floor cleaner Bot For the rest of her life.

At this time; she again found herself replaced; with her new masters finding even newer models; she felt lost and as if she did not matter; a replaceable piece in the cog that is life. However; around this time; somebody saw this machine and thought more of it, more of it as a person and another being in the galexy; even if it lacked a heart or muscles, it was somebody, somebody who can if given the chance at a fresh start, could change the lifes of others. Taking pity on her; a pirate cargo technican put her into a smuggling crate on-board to Mendell City with him; registering her as being under his ownership, with a simple request

Maggilline arrived onto the planets surface with her new master; the glimmering city above her head; she looks about the wonderful bright and new adventure that was instore for her; watching how species interact with each other, watching how they speek, How they are affectionate of each other yet at the same time; unsure of who she is? Who is Maggilline? What makes her unique in this world. After all, she is a synthetic android; with no culture or experiance besides that in things such as cleaning and light medical activitys; what makes her well; her. As she stares around the grand city scape; a hand behind her pushs her; the pirate cargo tech shoves her along "Your here but your still my shit, now move along as we got errands to run and things to do" he grunts; taking a puff of his cigarette and walking along; Maggilline slowly following as she walks down the allys; from seeing wealthy couples out on a days stroll; the scenery gets bleaker.

As she walks along; the buildings go from the silver color to darker ones, blacks, reds and browns fill most of the buildings as she walks with the technician; whom from now on, we shall call "Robert". Maggilline walks towards a building; the smell of alcohol is present to most beings; her however being abit unware of it; abit distracted as she looks at the blood red neon lights that cover the building; soon she is forced inside the mouth of the building. Inside, music plays and blares out; men drink and gamble at tables, women are seen entertaining groups of men; alien and human both. Last of all; she watchs as the IPC waiters and staff are pushed around; observing how a man pushs his leg out to trip his mechanical waiter; tripping the droid to the ground and spilling his drinks; gloating out for "Another round of refunds!" he says before moving down and with a marker; itching in a profanity into his screen display on his head.

Maggilline stands completely still; watching this scene play out infront of her; watching as the man tormented the droid on the ground; she goes to look away and follow Robert before a hand moves up; grasping a handful of her synthetic hair and tugging her back across the stool into his lap "Hey ma'am, where is my drink? Sooner or later I will get tired of this and sooner of later im gonna have to find something else to keep me occupied!~" the mans bellows out; stroking her cheek for a moment before pulling her up and shoving her across the asile; where she is caught by Robert "These people here, they dont give two shits about you; hell I dfont really give two shits about you but your worth something so....try to keep up please?" he says; motioning for her to follow him into a VIP booth and room.

Robert sits down at the table and after a few minutes; another man enters and joins them; both sitting down and calling for a drink; Robert however speeking up and yelling "Maggilline dear, mind fetching us two drinks?" he says grinning as he rejoins his conversation; Maggilline exiting the room towards the bar. Maggilline enters the bar and begins to walk over towards the counter to order; looking about she sees a small leaflet on the bars island stand "Synthetics and Droids: Communists in flesh clothing. Your job is at risk, take back whats yours" it blatantly says; upon seeing this she looks down at the counter and waits for the bartender; before she can sit for even a few moments; a hand grasps her shoulder tightly; a rough looking man sits down next to her; having a long reddish beard and jet black hair; a cybernetic eyeball in his left eye; he smiles as he reachs over and brushs the top of her hair "Your pretty nice looking darling......how much for a evening with you?" he says; Maggilline ignoring him and shrugging his hand off. As she shrugs his hand off; he stands up and reachs for his bottle; pulling the bottle up and striking it down onto her head; causing her to by suprise, to fall from the bar stool; the man observing her "ITS NOT HUMAN, IT NOT BLEED!" he screams in anger; quickly grasping Maggilline up by her long locks and pushing her into the back door and outside; tossing her to the ground. The man delivers a kick to her chest region; before stepping down onto her neck; a genuine look of fear in her eyes as the mans foot applys more pressure to her ;she quickly looks about before sdlowly closing her eyes; going into a state of low power; the man stops and slowly drags her along by her long floorlegnth braid.

Maggilline awaoke; looking about her; now sitting in what looks to be a NT office room; she looks down at the concrete floor of the room; she looks up and sees Robert standing in the corner of the room along with a NT rep; both standing next to each other "He fucked you up pretty bad didnt he? Luckly I was able to afford to fix you up abit but at this point......im afraid with the-" he looks to the NT Rep for a moment "Large amount of work im in....your too much of a distraction and responsibilty. Shes all yours, I do however expect payment soon, I got a lot invested in her and I wanna make sure im getting my moneys worth." Robert says; before slowly leanuing up and exiting the room; Maggilline looking towards him exiting.....a sense of sorrow in her eyes, not ever having felt this; as if somebody whom she had just thought she knew is now gone, never to be seen again. Maggilline sits still; looking down; the sound of the man talking is present but inaudible; thinking back to the events in the lower city slums; how races can go from good to bad withen a second, accepting to downright hate for one another. She looks up and the Rep toss's her a bag "Get changed up, your assigned to the NSS Aurora..." he says grimly before leaving the room. Maggilline looks at the bag and looks around; knowing her future is now set; or until she can buy her contract out; she however looks up with abit of hope.....a new dawn and new time to experience life....for its sins and goods....this is not about bad or good or evil; these next months and years will define her; even though it may be hell for a few months......hell might be the place she needs to find herself..

Service of others over self. Assist and be there no matter what. We exist so others may thrive

What do you like about this character?

I like the idea of a character removed from culture, removed from norms that go with normal species. I grew up outside of the US in a now former communist country and now reside in the US and in a way, I can see the simularitys. Culture changes on the location and race of the person but we are free to adapt to cultures as we see fit, even if it means from a small balken country to the land of the free and capital of democracy in the world; I see abit of myself in this character, trying to fit in and wanting purpose

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

Around 8-9/10. Currently I am a SA/lore producer for a well know hl2rp server on Garrys Mod; aswell as being involved in many other roleplaying games

Notes:

Edited by Guest

Alright, I'll break this down bit by bit.

First off I think you did a good job with the first two questions, and you seem to have grasped the big differences between IPCs and other races. It'll be nice to see some more synthetics around that really show the difference between themselves and humans, as I've seen some synths in the past that act like human++.

Now onto the backstory, and the character itself. I like how you've made them... average, normal. Knocked around a bit in life. If you play this well in character, and establish that in how you act/speak, it could become quite a good character. The repeated mantra also struck a good chord with me, kind of showing that they still have set/programmed bits, even if they also have aspirations. A nice touch, in my eyes.

The only real glaring hole I can see here is that there's no real reference in how Maggiline joined/was picked up by NT. There's a nice ending note in the current story, more suited to a novella or short story, but no real link from that point in time to now. Why did they join up with NT, how? What about this character led to them being employed, and as what?

That hole in the story aside, I don't have any other real concerns to voice. I've dealt with you a few times, but only for things that I would consider part of the "leaning curve" for highRP. You seem enthusiastic to fit in here, and are willing to take criticism in your stride. Your attitude is also great.

All in all, I think I'd give a +1, even if its a bit hesitant from the backstory hole. If you fix that up, then it will become a strong +1.

Alright, I'll break this down bit by bit.

First off I think you did a good job with the first two questions, and you seem to have grasped the big differences between IPCs and other races. It'll be nice to see some more synthetics around that really show the difference between themselves and humans, as I've seen some synths in the past that act like human++.

Now onto the backstory, and the character itself. I like how you've made them... average, normal. Knocked around a bit in life. If you play this well in character, and establish that in how you act/speak, it could become quite a good character. The repeated mantra also struck a good chord with me, kind of showing that they still have set/programmed bits, even if they also have aspirations. A nice touch, in my eyes.

The only real glaring hole I can see here is that there's no real reference in how Maggiline joined/was picked up by NT. There's a nice ending note in the current story, more suited to a novella or short story, but no real link from that point in time to now. Why did they join up with NT, how? What about this character led to them being employed, and as what?

That hole in the story aside, I don't have any other real concerns to voice. I've dealt with you a few times, but only for things that I would consider part of the "leaning curve" for highRP. You seem enthusiastic to fit in here, and are willing to take criticism in your stride. Your attitude is also great.

All in all, I think I'd give a +1, even if its a bit hesitant from the backstory hole. If you fix that up, then it will become a strong +1.

thank you, I did add more onto the story

Hi, just to clear things up your robot is an android right? Like a shell?

Maybe this is a but unrelated (dont feel the need to answer me if you think it is!) but what hair color were you planning on picking if it is?

Since she is one of those androids that plays on the "emotionally-naive" trope, whats one of the things youre most excited for your character to discover and learn about while in human space?

(Hint: i hope its not frigid inexperienced erp with tajaran nurses)

Finally I've had one interaction with you and you were quite entertaining. Youve got my support.

I've had some good interactions with Drakogova Bosnik, and I *LOVE* the backstory for this IPC. +1

Thank you <3. Who do you play btw?

Hi, just to clear things up your robot is an android right? Like a shell?

Maybe this is a but unrelated (dont feel the need to answer me if you think it is!) but what hair color were you planning on picking if it is?

Since she is one of those androids that plays on the "emotionally-naive" trope, whats one of the things youre most excited for your character to discover and learn about while in human space?

(Hint: i hope its not frigid inexperienced erp with tajaran nurses)

Finally I've had one interaction with you and you were quite entertaining. Youve got my support.

Yes, I mean a shell. Im unsure at the moment; I plan on however drawing a reference picture for her sometime in the future. I am also excited to just generaly have the character learn the basics and then advance portions of humans emotion and feeling, how they aspire, how they fear, how they love and are compassionate. Who do you play aswell, also thank you

Looks good to me. I've RPed with this player a bit and she seems to at least have the basics down, beyond that I don't know. Good backstory, though, should work out well. Worth noting that I don't think Aurora counts as a vessel... I mean yes, technically it's a container for holding people, but I think vessel is usually used exclusively for mobile platforms.

Oh, and a thought. You mentioned this character having a lack of culture, but it occurs to me that synthetic intelligence has been around for some 20 years, that's plenty of time for such fast-thinking and adaptable creatures as AIs to develop their own culture. Now maybe Maggilline hasn't been exposed to much of that due to her circumstances, that makes sense since she's spent most of her runtime as a synthetic Cinderella, but spending some time in Mendel City ought to fix that.

I have my own issues with this application. Let's tackle them for a moment:

1. Your backstory is way too "happily ever after," if that makes any sense.

It does possess moments of negativity, though from the viewpoint of the android, they don't really seem that negative to her. "She was owned by pirates, then a nice pirate, then a nice NT employer gave her a nice golden membership." Reality, especially for synthetics, is not this easy.

2. People are not nice to robots.

While I do think you have a genuine understanding of the IPC, I do not think you understand fully their place in an organic's society. They are abused, traded, sold, stolen, scrapped, remade, and generally not really cared about because most of them are (and are considered) property. Now, don't get me wrong. Synthetic supporters exist, but the likelihood of running into those with such powerful connections and/or the willingness to go to such lengths to help a completely random android is... very, very low.

Finally,

3. Synthetics are not considered people, they cannot be employed in the same manner as humans.

A synthetic without a registered owner and without a registered citizenship will likely be turned over to a scrapyard, or forced to work for the people they are attempting to be employed by. NanoTrasen would not hire an IPC without an owner or a citizenship, they would just take them. And make them work. For little or no wages. If the synthetic had an owner, the owner would be signing their contract for them.

These are all very structural points in your character's backstory, and I honestly do not feel comfortable accepting your application until I am convinced that you understand the synthetic's strife. I am predicting you may have to re-write the entire backstory, though I will see what you come up with. I will be marking this as needing attention, so that you may address these points.

I have my own issues with this application. Let's tackle them for a moment:

1. Your backstory is way too "happily ever after," if that makes any sense.

It does possess moments of negativity, though from the viewpoint of the android, they don't really seem that negative to her. "She was owned by pirates, then a nice pirate, then a nice NT employer gave her a nice golden membership." Reality, especially for synthetics, is not this easy.

2. People are not nice to robots.

While I do think you have a genuine understanding of the IPC, I do not think you understand fully their place in an organic's society. They are abused, traded, sold, stolen, scrapped, remade, and generally not really cared about because most of them are (and are considered) property. Now, don't get me wrong. Synthetic supporters exist, but the likelihood of running into those with such powerful connections and/or the willingness to go to such lengths to help a completely random android is... very, very low.

Finally,

3. Synthetics are not considered people, they cannot be employed in the same manner as humans.

A synthetic without a registered owner and without a registered citizenship will likely be turned over to a scrapyard, or forced to work for the people they are attempting to be employed by. NanoTrasen would not hire an IPC without an owner or a citizenship, they would just take them. And make them work. For little or no wages. If the synthetic had an owner, the owner would be signing their contract for them.

These are all very structural points in your character's backstory, and I honestly do not feel comfortable accepting your application until I am convinced that you understand the synthetic's strife. I am predicting you may have to re-write the entire backstory, though I will see what you come up with. I will be marking this as needing attention, so that you may address these points.

Thank you. I took this time to do a overhaul to the backstory to address your points. If uyou still have any more isdsues after this, im willing to fix them