Thundy's Tajara app (finally)

BYOND Key: Thundy

Character Names: Charlie Dove, Karis (Dobbs) Straughan, Mel Hanford, Steph Hodge and a bunch more I don't play much.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Since the end of September.

Species you are applying to play: Tajaran

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): I'd like to experiment a bit. Something a bit less bland. No fluro, but I'd like to see what I can do before I make a decision.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes, however there is a lot to read...I have a bad memory so forgive my incorrectness in my backstory.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I have, since first joining this server, been facinated with the mannerisms, culture and concept of Tajarans. Cat people, with tails and awesome ears, with a vast history and pride along with theirrr speech patterrrns. They are just badass. When I pass a group in the halls of Aurora, I long to be able to understand them.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The concept of speaking in third person, the rolling R's, their "ear movements" and "flicking tails", their culture, their history, their claws, their languages...Many things, movement being the first.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? I wanted to play a Tajara from the moment I first read about them after joining Aurora. Creating a human that associated with Tajara closely was my first step at actually getting a feel for them and they haven't ceased to hold my attention.

Character Name: Fel'siti Rumuka'nen (Flick)

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

There was the slightest knock at the door.

"What?" Fel'siti called, his tail flicking from side to side in annoyance. A small head and whiskers peaked around the door.

"Uh, she wishes to brring his brreakfast, sirr." The voice was soft, scared. Fel'siti sighed, closing the book and motioning her in. The tray was layed on the table. The smell of the hot food wafted up to Fel'siti's nose and he took a deep breath.

“Tell him something, Sa'herr...”

The girl stopped as she was about to leave, her hand resting on the handle of the door. She turned slowly around to face him, her whiskers quivering.

“Why would anyone wish to see him dead?”

The girl blinked her big brown eyes. “She does not know? Does someone want to see him dead, sirr?”

Fel'siti nodded slowly, his piercing eyes not leaving her face as he carefully stood, smoothing out the front of his traditional military uniform. He side stepped the desk and walked to her in three long strides, loomed over her, his shadow covering her every inch. He bent down in close to her face, his whiskers touching her cheek. As quick as a whip, Fel'siti grabbed Sa'herr's hand and held it up so she couldn't move. She whimpered and shied away from him.

“He knows the smell of Chlorrral Hydrrrate. He knows you have a daggerrr in yourr pocket with which to slit his thrroat when he sleeps. He knows who you worrrk forrr."

She struggled but he held her firm.

"Tell his brrotherrr this: He will have what is owed to him and when he does, Brrotherr will rrrot in the deepest dungeon to pay forr his sins.”

He threw her across the room. She fell, her dagger rolling across the floor ahead of her, landing next to her hand as she fell face forward, catching herself. She hissed, grabbing the dagger in an instant and turning, she threw it right at his face. It stuck in the wall behind him, quivering in place. He was upon her in an instant, his blade out. She was too slow, the blade flashed and her neck was slit.

“He guesses she cannot tell his brrotherrr then...”

Blood overflowed from her neck down her chest and onto the floor. She held her throat with both hands, gasping and gurgling, falling to the ground in silent spasms, blood seeping out between her fingers and onto the floor.

“What is this?” Darr'sir stood behind him on silent paws.

“This is a warrning. He must go into hiding. Brrotherr knows of this location...” Fel'siti wiped his blade on the table cloth and returned it to its sheath inside his jacket. The Tajarian next to him was older, wiser, kinder. Fel'siti knew that he stood by him no matter what, that he would follow him to the edges of the universe. Because I am his king, he thought, because he knows what it is to have honour, to show respect, to follow a worrthy king.

“He can make it happen. He will forge documents forr him. He will have to go farr, perrhaps to a rresearrch station, somewherre farr frrom yourr brrotherrs grrasp.”

Fel'siti noded as the final gasping breaths of Sa'herr left her body, her quivering stopping. Pity, he though, he will miss his breakfast. He nudged her with his toe.

“Burrn herr. He will leave tonight. Make sure no one follows him.”

What do you like about this character?

First time actually fully roleplaying a male character. Also first time I will be playing a serious character. I want to push myself and see how far I can go. This may not be the most fun Character but at least I'll be learning something new and extending my roleplaying ability.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? For how much I learn, I see how much further I have to come. If I could be as good as Eric in that he goes from sweet kindhearted Lockie to the douche-bag Zheng Lu, or Taine goes from girly Tina to lodgical TrueLemming, I will be a happy girl.

Notes:

Sorry about all the gory imagery. I can rewrite if it is not PG.

Seems fine with me. His RP quality is good, improvement is always possible, it's good for people to have chances to expand their skills through use of other species and think Thundy would do well as a Kitty.

Endorsed +1

I like this app. Very much so. You should also make a bounty on him, using the syndicate network, it will give you a chance for good RP or to get murdered horribly. Maybe add a note about his brothers with the bounty.

+1