Armrha's Un-Jobban Appeal

BYOND Key: Armrha
Total Ban Length: Banned from Science department jobs until I learn my lesson
Banning staff member's Key: I don't know
Reason of Ban: For validhunting with telescience
Reason for Appeal:  You ever figure out how something works and you are just really itching to do something with it? I got carried away. We were playing a heist round where one of the heisters was just standing around in one spot for long periods of time. Nobody seemed to be doing anything about it - It almost seemed like the antagonists were using the meta of how everyone is supposed to act like a shield to just let them get away with whatever. I probably was just missing the action wherever it was, but I made the very bad decision to just telescience grief a heister. This was very dumb and had no RP justification. I am sorry and will do my best to uphold the standards of good RP in the future. I should have at least tried to establish some kind of reasoning or contact before just bluespace murdering somebody. I miss science. Thank you.

1. Avoid chucklefucking.
  2. Conflict is acceptable, even if you are not an antag, but it needs to be believable, and meet roleplay standards.
  3. Generally, avoid playing hero.
  4. Not avoiding powergaming.

1. Using telescience to attack an antagonist just because I thought they'd probably stay still is absolutely chucklefuckery. I shouldn't ever try to use it as a weapon unless it's some part of the overarching story.

2. The conflict was completely unbelievable and met no roleplay standard. I could have engaged them, told them to stop, had any in character reason to attempt to stop them before doing such a reckless and violent thing.

3. I totally went rambo on one antagonist, hoping to save the day. My character had no IC reason to do so, so was playing the hero. I could have petitioned security, even contributed to their effort if I wanted without doing what I did.

4. Using telescience in such a manner is totally powergaming. Not many people can do much about being teleported against their will into a disadvantageous situation. It wouldn't make good RP to have all antagonists having to constantly move left and right during roleplay to avoid telescience griefing. It's experimental equipment and should be treated as a dangerous and unknown thing, not a "I win" button.