[CLOSED] Incident Report 04/10/2461

Reporting Personnel: Sebastian Spiegel
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Xenoarcheologist
Game ID: bZH-ck6U
Personnel Involved: (Name, Job Title: Offender/Witness/Other)
Sebastian Spiegel, Victim
AIMEE, CMO, Offender
EL1, RD, Witness
Tom Jackson, HoS, Witness
Jesse Armstrong, Security Officer, Witness
Time of Incident: End of shift, approx 6 minutes before game end
Real Time: (E.g 17:59 GMT 04/10/19)
Location of Incident: Red Dock, command section
Nature of Incident:
[  ] - Workplace Hazard
[  ] - Accident/Injury
[  ] - Destruction of Property
[  ] - Neglect of Duty
[  ] - Harassment
[  ] - Assault
[  ] - Misconduct
[X] - Other: Hostility, overstepping authority
Overview of the Incident:
The yield of my work in this shift was a remarkable anomaly capable for producing a force shield with a two meter perimeter at the touch of a hand, I had harnessed this power in an anomaly activation device, determined its best use and demonstrated it to the research director.
As is his prerogative, he accepted my report, shared my insight into its use for NanoTransen and ordered me to transport it to the Odin at the end of shift.

Skipping forward to the end of shift, I transported it to the red dock and asked the AI to allow me into the command section to avoid unintentional activation by other crew members. As the leading expert on anomalies (the RD having admitted he did not have training with them), I stayed with it for safety. Not long after the RD arrive, he enters and sits down quietly next to me.
The CMO arrives shortly after with the HoS and the rest of the crew. She immediately orders me out with a strong voice (bolded), our first interaction this shift. I refuse, seeing as I have good reason to be there and she have no right to override the RD's decision. We continue to argue, me arguing that this is the safest place to transport it, that the RD is the authority on this matter and she (it) doesn't have any good reason to refuse my being in the lobby outside the bridge for this purpose.

Neither the HoS or the CMO seemed to have any idea what the anomaly did, and had clearly not read my report before jumping to the conclusion that the RD (the AUTHORITY) and I (THE EXPERT) had no business doing our jobs. They proceed to consider their veto a command decision (I'd like to note that as far as I know they cannot overrule a functioning command member like that) and I finally relent and leave red dock command, my director having given up the debate.

Please note that neither the HoS or the CMO had ANY reason to consider this anomaly a threat to the crew at this point, or any prior basis for overruling the RD on this basis.
Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: All command staff present in situation.
Actions taken: NaN
Additional Notes:

I seek with this report to have the CMO reminded of her responsibilities, the limits to her authority and frankly to learn to maybe talk to crew before ordering them around in matters she clearly have no credentials in. And in a more respectful tone.

Edited by Soultheif96
I misspelled a characters name!

TO: Sebastian Spiegel, Xenoarcheologist, NSS Aurora
SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report
--------------------
BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.
--------------------
DTG: 10-15:44-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2461
SIGN: CCIAAMS

Edited by ComradeCorbyn

TO: Sebastian Spiegal, Xenoarcheologist, NSS Aurora
SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

-----------------------

BODY: This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report to CCIAA Tyler McKinney (Soultheif96).
You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or your may contact them directly if you have any questions.

-----------------------

DTG: 10-4:55-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2461
SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Sebastian Spiegal. Xenoarcheologist, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 12-3:11-TAU CETI STANDARD-12-2461

SIGN: Tyler McKinney