Jump to content

*Blank* accidentally touches the head of the stun rod.


moom241

Recommended Posts

I don't know how easy it would be to code, but basically, it's the same mechanic for guns, but with attempts to disarm live stun rods.


If Griefy MacGreyshirt decides to try to put his hands on the live zapper that someone else is holding, there should be a chance he fails and zaps himself.

Link to comment

Assuming we're still using the 1-shot stunbaton, haven't played sec in a while (Pleaaaase don't nerf them like bay did), there already isn't much room for any civilian to robust an officer with his baton out. All it takes is one click for them. The assistant is gonna have to pray to RNJ.

Link to comment
Assuming we're still using the 1-shot stunbaton, haven't played sec in a while (Pleaaaase don't nerf them like bay did), there already isn't much room for any civilian to robust an officer with his baton out. All it takes is one click for them. The assistant is gonna have to pray to RNJ.

 

We obviously haven't met.


I can think of about five ways to robust an officer with a baton using common items - off the top of my head, at that. That being said, the likelihood of touching a baton and keeping your hand on it long enough for the actual full force of the shock to be delivered to you is so small it's not even worth coding.


It's fine as-is.

Link to comment
the same mechanic for guns, but with attempts to disarm live stun rods.

 

I like this idea. Realistically, a stun rod would be easy as hell to use. I'm thinking those stun sticks the cops in Demolition Man use would be a good portrayal; you only have to make contact and the shock is applied. However, that can be used against you aswell in the case of two people wrestling for control of the weapon. The wielder probably has the better grip. How about a 75% chance to stun the disarmer and 25% to stun the wielder?

Link to comment

Let's not remove all semblance of skill from the game. RNG-chances are annoying as is, and the win-baton doesn't need any buffs to it. If you're worried about being disarmed, tase your opponent so they're slowed and easier to click, then move in for the finisher.


If you've been disarmed wielding the most powerful melee weapon in the game, then you likely deserved to be.

Link to comment
the same mechanic for guns, but with attempts to disarm live stun rods.

 

Realistically, a stun rod would be easy as hell to use.

 

No, it's not.


So, why are we trying to erratically change the basic flow of combat here? Either you manage to disarm the person of their baton, or you don't and get stunned. Let's not change that formula, please.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...