Incident Report 7/12/2461

Reporting Personnel: Nathan Corvo
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Captain
Game ID: b2c-au22
Personnel Involved: (Name, Job Title: Offender/Witness/Other)
- CCIAA Tyler McKinney - Offender
- CCIAA Lauren Verdell - Offender
- C/Tpr. Valence

Time of Incident: 
Real Time: 7/12/19. 12:40 AM EST
Location of Incident: ODIN
Nature of Incident:
[  ] - Workplace Hazard
[  ] - Accident/Injury
[  ] - Destruction of Property
[  ] - Neglect of Duty
[X] - Harassment
[X] - Assault
[X] - Misconduct
[  ] - Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident: 
Mr. McKinney had business aboard the Aurora today.  While he was there, a crazed miner, armed with ballistic weaponry and a modified Kinetic Accelerator, attacked several members of the crew, including myself and CE Oliver Roadman.  Also, there were bomb threats and a suicidal employee named Violet Valentina threatening to detonate herself, with no clear demands that we could understand.  Though there was no head of security present, security was able to drive off the crazed attacker on multiple occasions, and the situation was already underway at the time of my arrival at 45 minutes into the shift.  At no point did Mr. McKinney make it apparent that he was under duress during his visit, nor make command aware of any issue that he felt was not being handled correctly.

I was told that Mr. McKinney would like to speak with me upon docking with the ODIN.  I was met trying to exit the shuttle by Mr. McKinney who slapped me in the face, telling me to "keep the station under control next time."  

After this, I informed him that I would have to file an IR, he offered no further explanation or discourse other than to ordering C/Tpr. Valence to slap me as well, which he did.  CCIA Lauren Verdell also chose to slap me with her glove, and then with her hand, telling me that she thought this was acceptable because "She has a very big brain."

This unprofessional and rude conduct was done in plain view of several Aurora crewmembers. 

This is not how the CCIA should operate, and is an embarrassment to NT.

Being that
1) I mobilized security to deal with both of these threats, and security was successful in containing the threats to a reasonable level.
2) The situation on the station was never out of control, with the attacker being held at bay and only causing minor damage to the station.  
3) Corporal punishment and striking coworkers is unprofessional and abusive, and in no way allowed in corporate regulations...

I would like to see CCIA McKinney and CCIA Lauren Verdell suspended and reprimanded, and C/Tpr Valence as well, though they may have just been following orders.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: No, it involved a CCIA, so, this seems to be the only channel.
Actions taken: This incident took place at the very end of the shift, no action was taken.
Additional Notes:
I am normally quite happy to resolve any issues with my management of the station in real-time as they are happening, or via any other open channel of communications.  My initial instinct was to retaliate against Mr. McKinney physically, and I am sure that had I done that, I would be in a great deal of trouble.  I believe that Mr. McKinney, and the others named, may be trying to bait someone into making the mistake of fighting them in order to get them fired or punished otherwise. 

Let's clean up the CCIA's behavior and show some professionalism.