[Accepted] Diggiez Botboy Beepboop Whitelist

BYOND Key: diggiez

Character Names: Josuke Houstani, Ron Roids, Ka'Akaix'Wxkri C'thur

Species you are applying to play: None, because robots aren't a species IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Of course, why wouldn't I?

Why do you wish to play this specific race: (One paragraph minimum)

For the longest time, I found IPCs to be too boring to play or consider for a whitelist, but recently I've been brainstorming about ideas and circumstances that would mesh well if played as an IPC. Things like reactions to illogical events, processing of information, and drawn conclusions. I want to play IPC to be an android that can seem a bit human, but will fall back to its typical programming and code.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: (One Paragraph minimum)

IPCs are artificial, they are not born, they are manufactured like products, or as passion projects. They will consistently fall back to known logic and their programming whenever presented with things that may break or flex it, but they are smart and learn with their surroundings, like a form of digital evolution. Being 'Owned' isn't the same as being lawed, and many owned positronics plan or are trying to pay off their cost to become free.

People also react differently to IPCs based on how they look. A more robotic-acting IPC with a bland, artificial face would be more annoying to organics, and get more insults thrown at them while a Shell who sounds and mimicks human behavior would be tolerated more.

Character Name:  HEPH-MOVER 345

Please provide a short backstory for this character (Aproxomately two paragraphs)

Spoiler

HEPH-MOVER 345 was a Hephaestus-brand IPC being manufactured in a factory on Oran, Epsilon Eridani some time in 2447. They were initially made with the intention of being shipped out with a group of other G1's for usage around the system, but this future was cut short during a small gang raid on the factory. The unit was stolen and used to push and move around crates of luggage instead of corporate work. The unit had its parts upgraded sparsely and regularly retrofitted with random bits of metal and crappy 'replacements' from trashpiles and old factories, making some of the work 345 could do easily before induce more stress than it should have.

In 2450, there was a plan involved moving the unit offworld through a shuttle. The shuttle made it out of orbit, but the crew quickly lost their way to ion storms, crashing the ship somewhere in Sol. For the next 8 years, HEPH-MOVER was depowered and stranded at the crash site until a group of pirates found it, looted the shuttle, and re-powered the unit. HEPH-MOVER's parts are almost completely outdated; the unit is a jankier, roughed up version of itself, used mainly for cargo-carrying and guard duty.

What do you like about this character?

345 is in an ironic state where every role they've ever been in has always been the role they were going to be anyways. Even if they were never stolen from in the factory, they would've been a cargo-carrier and work with crates anyways. 345 also gives me that feeling of an old bot, kept working through unprofessional and haphazard means.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I usually don't give actual ratings, but because IPCs are about logical, objective statements and conclusions, I will give one. 5/10, I'm not good, I'm not that shit, but I feel I've been able to act in the shoes of my character and species; I don't care too much about OOC to mix it with IC and change interactions with a specific other person. One thing I feel I've avoided is abusing species mechanics, or hunting with it; I rarely interact with antags when they're a known threat, and I have my characters consistently busy to avoid observing the antag ICly out of boredom.

Notes: I feel like this app is going to come out generic even with the set idea I had in mind

Edited by kyres1

Diggiez, I've personally seen you come a long way since the first time I saw you on-server.

There's something to be said of people who can improve their conduct in a place where your conduct ultimately doesn't matter, some isolated community of 2d spessmen where nobody really gives a damn in the end. Ironically, it makes it that much more impactful when you can see individuals gradually improve over time in my opinion, seeing as their mistakes are ultimately those of a game - one everyone would do best to brush over and move on from. I'm glad to see you expanding your horizons and seeking out new things, just like your vaurca whitelist in the past, and if this is any way for me to help you continue improving as you've done in what is effectively this hobby we call 2d spessmen, consider it accepted for more reasons than just an "acceptable app." (which you had)

Application accepted.

• kyres1 locked this topic